Reference Library Sitemap
Links to related pages:
1. How to Format a Research Paper in MLA Style, 7th ed
2. How to Format a Research Paper in MLA Style, 6th ed
3. Quoting Passages Using MLA Style, 7th ed.
4. Quoting Passages Using MLA Style, 6th ed.
5. Content Notes and Bibliographic Notes in MLA Style, 7th ed
6. How to Write Footnotes and Endnotes in MLA Style, 6th ed.
7. Footnotes and Endnotes - Examples in MLA Style, 6th ed.
8. Footnotes in MLA Style, 6th ed. - Sample Page
9. Endnotes in MLA Style, 6th ed. - Sample Page
10. How to Write Parenthetical Documentation in MLA Style, 7th ed.
11. How to Write Parenthetical Documentation in MLA Style, 6th ed.
12. Parenthetical Documentation in MLA Style, 7th ed. Sample Page
13. Parenthetical Documentation in MLA Style, 6th ed. Sample Page
14. Works Cited, References, and Bibliography: What's the Difference? MLA Style, 7th ed.
15. Works Cited, References, and Bibliography: What's the Difference? MLA Style, 6th ed.
16. Guidelines on Writing a Bibliography or Works Cited Page in MLA Style, 7th ed
17. Guidelines on Writing a Bibliography or Works Cited Page in MLA Style, 6th ed.
18. How to Write a Bibliography or Works Cited Page - Examples in MLA Style, 8th ed.
19. How to Write a Bibliography or Works Cited Page - Examples in MLA Style, 7th ed.
20. How to Write a Bibliography or Works Cited Page - Examples in MLA Style, 21. Works Cited in MLA Style, 7th ed. - Sample Page
22. Works Cited in MLA Style, 6th ed. - Sample Page
23. Research, Writing, and Style Guides (MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard, CGOS, CBE)
1. Citing Sources - General
2. Citing Electronic Sources
3. AAA Style (American Anthropological Association)
4. APA Style (American Psychological Association)
5. APS Style (American Physics Society)
6. Chicago Manual of Style / Turabian Style
7. CGOS Style - Columbia Guide to Online Style
8. CSE Style - Council of Science Editors (Formerly CBE Style - Council of Biology Editors)
9. Harvard Style
10. MLA Style (Modern Language Association)
11. Resume Writing, Cover Letters, Thank You Letters and Thank-You Notes
12. Writing - Grammar Guides
13. Writing - Proofreading
14. Writing - Research Guides & General Style Guides
Academic Integrity - Introduction from Princeton University, Princeton, NJ. Contents include: Challenge of Original Work, Acknowledging Your Sources, When to Cite Sources, Nonprint and Electronic Sources, Not-So-Common Knowledge, Examples of Plagiarism, Misrepresenting Original Work, Question of Collaboration, Working Habits That Work, Disciplinary Process, Sample Citation Styles - Literary Studies (MLA), Psychology (APA), History (CMS - Chicago).
BibMe. Automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills for MLA, APA, Chicago, or Turabian styles. Just type in author, title, publisher, date, etc. Results are immediate. Option to download citation to Word. FREE.
Citation Guides. Library Guides at Westfield State University. Information on properly formatting papers and citing sources in several different styles, including APA, MLA, Chicago, CBE, and Citing Legal Materials (Supreme Court Decisions, Lower Federal Courts, Massachusetts Court Decisions, Federal Statutes, Massachusetts Statutes, State and U.S. Constitutions, Congressional Hearings, Congressional Bills, Federal Legislative Reports and Documents.
Citing Net Sources > Quick Guide from Ohio State University. General Rules:
● Provide sufficient information to allow a reader to locate the source you are citing.
● Web documents share many elements found in print sources.
● Cite what is available.
● Include the date that you accessed the source
● Cite the address (URL) accurately.
Citing Web Pages for Individual Work: Cite these elements:
● Title of page
● Site title
● Publication date/Last modified
● Access date
● Address (URL)
See APA and MLA examples given.
Citing Parts of Individual Works: Cite these elements:
● Title of part
● Source title
● Site title (if different)
● Publication date/Last modified
● Access date
See APA and MLA examples.
Citing Online Articles: Magazine, journal, newspaper article:
See examples given in APA and MLA styles
Citing Postings and Messages: Mailing List Message:
See APA and MLA examples.
Blog Posting: Cite these elements:
● Pub. date of posting
● Title/Subject line of posting
● Blog title (MLA only)
● Access date (MLA only)
● Address (URL)
See APA and MLA examples.
Personal E-Mail Message: Cite these elements:
● Date of message
● Title/Subject line of message (MLA only)
See APA and MLA examples.
Citing Sources from Duke University. Links to APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, CSE and other styles.
Citing Sources, Traditional and Electronic from Henry Buhl Library, Grove City College, Grove City, PA. Site consists of links to citation examples for: APA Style, MLA Style, Chicago Style, Turabian, ACS (American Chemical Society), AIP (American Institute of Physics), APSA (American Political Science Association), ASA (American Sociological Association), CSE (Council of Science Editors), IEEE Style. Includes Citing the Bible and other Biblical Resources. Cite the Bible, and Bible dictionaries, encyclopedias, commentaries, and atlases in APA Style, MLA Style, Turabian Style, and Chicago Style.
Citing Sources in the Text of your Paper: In-Text Citation and Notes from Coates Library, Trinity University. MLA Style, APA Style, Chicago Style, ASA Style, Turabian.
by Toby Fulwiler and Alan R. Hayakawa.
Citation Style Guide: Know Which Style to Use from The Library's Subject Guides. Citation styles:
• AAA - American Anthropological Association
• ACS - American Chemical Society
• AIP - American Institute of Physics
• ALWD - Association of Legal Writing Directors
• AMA - American Medical Association
• AMS - American Mathematical Society
• AP - Associated Press
• APA - American Psychological Association
• APSA - American Political Science Association
• ASA - American Sociological Association
• CSE - Council of Science Editors
• Harvard Business School
• LSA - Linguistic Society of America
• MLA - Modern Language Association
• NLM - National Library of Medicine
• ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
• IEEE - Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Complete Discipline Listing compiled by Dana Lynn Driscoll and Allen Brizee. Exhaustive list of style guides for documenting sources in different disciplines. Includes link to main organizational website and online guide to using that style.
• Chicago Style (used in many disciplines)
• English (and some disciplines in the humanities)
• Information Sciences and Computer Science
• Law and Legal Studies
• Psychology (and other social sciences)
• Political Science
Documentation Style Handouts in PDF from Writing Center at Armstrong Atlantic State University (AASU), Savannah, GA. Annotated Bibliography, APA, Chicago-Turabian, and MLA Documentation, plus Grammar-Mechanics Handouts and Exercises, Regents' Handouts, Writing Process Handouts, all available in PDF.
EasyPaper: User Manual from Turabian Examples, APA Examples, MLA Examples, AMA Examples, Format Quotations, Bibliography - Note: Error in Bibliography - "The University of Chicago" should be listed alphabetically under "U" for University and not "T" for "The" as Articles e.g. "A, An, The" should be ignored in listing the initial title.
Citation Guides by Style. ACS Style - American Chemical Society, APA Style - American Psychological Association, ASA Style - American Sociological Association, Chicago Manual of Style, CSE (CBE) Style, Harvard, MLA Style - Modern Language Association, Turabian, Vancouver, and Additional resources.
How to Cite Film, Video, and Online Media from Library, University of California, Berkeley. Citing Film and Video. Single Performances and Music Videos as part of longer DVD, video, or film. Citing TV and Radio. Citing Online Media Resources (web sites, online media files, podcasts, etc.).
How to Cite Sources in a Paper from Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK).
KnightCite: A Project of the Hekman Library from Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI. Free Citation Generator for MLA, APA and Chicago styles. Site created by Justin Searls, Student Intern, Teaching & Learning Digital Studio, Calvin Information Technology.
Multimedia Resources. Dartmouth College Library, Hanover, NH. Dartmouth College Library Research Guide. How to cite media. Sources for video, images, and audio; tips and tools for creating and editing media; and information on citing media sources.
Referencing and Citation Style Guides: MLA. APA. CSE. Chicago. From InformED, Open Colleges.edu.au.
Resources for Documenting Sources in the Disciplines from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL). This handout will help you find resources for citing sources and formatting your paper in various disciplines.
Slate: Citation Machine. Online tool that creates MLA and APA citations instantly. This web tool was created by David Warlick of The Landmark Project on October 29, 2000 and is part of the Landmarks for Schools web site for teachers.
Standard Documentation Formats from University of Toronto, ON. In PDF, 2 pages. Traditional Endnotes or Footnotes with Superscript Numbers (humanities) - with examples, MLA System: Parenthetical Author-Page References, APA System: Parenthetical Author-Date References, Numbered Note Systems (e.g., IEEE, Medical and CSE systems),Internet Sources. Updated 20 July 2010 by Dr. Margaret Procter, University of Toronto Coordinator, Writing Support.
Student's Guide to Citation Styles for Research Papers from StudyWeb. When to cite a source, When not to cite a source, Main types of sources, How to cite, Citation examples.
Top 10 Free Online Style-Guides in English Style Manuals for Writers in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia by Richard Nordquist, Grammar & Composition Expert, Grammar About.com.
How to Cite Electronic Sources from The Learning Page, Library of Congress, Washington, DC. MLA and Turabian citation examples for Films, Legal Documents and Government Publications, Maps, Photographs, Recorded Sound, Special Presentations, and Texts. Includes links to Citation Guidelines.
AAA Style Guide 2009. Free to download. AAA is based on 15th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. This guide provides AAA rules and examples for article titles, capitalization, italics, numbers, punctuation, tables, figures, and appendixes, etc. as well as many reference examples. Where no rule is stated, you are to follow Chicago Manual of Style.
APA Citation Style & Format Model Research Paper (5th). YouTube video, 6:26 min.
● Formatting a Research Paper in APA Style. YouTube video, 10:20 min.
● Finding the APA format template (Word 2007). YouTube video, 0:33 min.
● APA Format Citations-Sixth (6th) Edition. YouTube video, 9:32 min.
● APA Formatting : How to Create a Reference List in APA Style. YouTube video, 7:42 min.
● College Research Papers : How to Write an APA Style Paper. YouTube video, 2:10 min.
● APA Format Sample Video. YouTube video, 4:17 min.
● APA Citation Style & Format . YouTube video, 3:21 min.
APA Citation Style from University of Alberta Libraries. Basic APA, In-Text Citations, Books, Articles, Web Resources, Multimedia Resources (Sample audio / visual sources: Movie, Podcasts, YouTube, Music Recording, Television Series, Television Single Episode, Painting, Illustration, Chart, or other image from a published work, Software, Map, Kit, Manipulatives, Toys, App), Curriculum, Tough Stuff.
American Psychological Association Style Guide
Ohio State University
Guide is based on Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition (Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2010).
Include page numbers in In-Text style only when quoting from a source. When paraphrasing from a source, omit In-Text page numbers. Citation style for articles now includes the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) when available.
After first line, citations should be indented 1/2 inch on references list.
APA Style Guide - Articles
APA Style Guide - Books
APA Style Guide - Electronic Resources: Electronic Journal Article (From Database), Electronic Journal Article (Duplicate of Print Version), ERIC Document (from Database), Web Site.
APA Style Guide from Okanagan College Library.
The new Okanagan College Library APA Citation Style guide – revised October 2010 – replaces any previous guides. It reflects the rules and examples in the 2009 APA Publication Manual, 6th edition, 2nd printing.
Includes Style Guides by Subject Area, Examples of Reference List Entries and In-Text Citations, and General APA Rules:
Double-space your paper, including the reference list . . .
Format reference list entries with a hanging indent (.5 inch or 1.27 cm) . . .
Arrange reference list entries in alphabetical order by the surname of the first author or by title if there is no author. Use only the initial(s) of the author’s given name, not the full name . . .
Capitalize only the first letter of the first word in the article, report and book title and subtitle. Capitalize proper names. Capitalize all significant words of a journal title . . .
Italicize journal titles and volume numbers. Do not italicize issue numbers . . .
APA Style Lite for College Papers. American Psychological Association Style for Final Manuscripts by Dr Abel Scribe PhD - January 2010.
APA Style Resources from Psych Web Resources. Links to sites that discuss APA style, 6th edition.
Basics of APA Style Tutorial:. Based on of APA's Publication Manual. FAQs:
● What is APA style? ● How do you reference a book review? ● How do you cite a newspaper article? ● How do you cite email communications? ● How do you cite Facebook? ● How do you cite Twitter? ● Electronic Sources and Locator Information. ● How do you format a bibliography in APA style? ● How do you cite an interview? ● How do you cite the Bible? ● Sample 1 - Experiment Paper in APA Style, ● Sample 2 - Experiment Paper in APA Style, ● and more.
APA: Citing Electronic Information Style Guide from Erindale College Library, University of Toronto at Mississauga, ON. Based on APA Style of citation developed by the American Psychological Association. Forms and examples of electronic documentation discussed under: CD-ROM, Internet, E-Mail, and Reference Citations in Text.
APA Documentation from Writing Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. Get a quick orientation to APA, Create APA parenthetical citations, Create an APA reference list, Format a paper using APA guidelines, Format APA headings for a paper, Review APA usage and style guidelines, and Locate other APA resources on the Web.
APA Formatting and Style Guide from Purdue University Online Writing Lab, West Lafayette, IN. Brief summary of APA style documentation. General Format: General APA Guidelines.
APA In-Text Citations
APA List of References
APA Manuscript Format by Diana Hacker, Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2006.
Sample Research Paper in APA Style - in PDF, 13 pages by Luisa Mirano.
APA Reference Style - Tightening up your citations by David S. Baker and Lynn Henrichsen, Department of Linguistics & English Language at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. Contents: Introduction, Kinds of sources, Basic Formatting, Citation Style: Books, Journal Articles, Chapters in Edited Books, ERIC Documents, Internet Resources, Unpublished Sources, conference Papers, Citation formats, Citations Practice Parts 1 & 2, and more.
APA Style Asylum from Walden University (Distance education based in Minneapolis?) Consists of links to selected websites dealing with APA Style documentation. Links grouped under General Rules for Following APA Style, APA Citations and Reference List, Software for APA Formatting, and Templates for Course Papers, KAMs, Theses, and Dissertations.
APA Style - Citation Guides. Library Guides at Westfield University, MA.
See also: Citing Legal Materials - Citation Guides.
APA Style Essentials from Douglas Degelman, Ph.D., and Martin Lorenzo Harris, Ph.D., Vanguard University of Southern California. Purpose of this document is to provide a common core of elements of APA style. Concise and very useful information presented covering: Document Guidelines, Title Page, Abstract, Body, Text Citations, Quotations, References, Appendixes, Footnotes, Tables, Figures.
A.P.A. Style - Psychology Lab: Room A236 from Langara College, Vancouver, BC. Guidelines for writing an experimental research assignment using conventions of the American Psychological Association (APA).
APA Style: The Social Sciences by Diana Hacker, Bedford/St. Martin's, with research sources by Barbara Fister, Gustavus Adolphus College. APA in-text citations, APA list of references, APA manuscript format, plus Sample paper.
APA Style Tips from APA Online, American Psychological Association, Washington, DC. Tips on specific questions adapted from the 5th Edition of APA's Publication Manual, © 2001. Includes FAQs and related topics: Removing Bias in Language, Electronic Media, and Authorship Aids.
Bibliography Formats (in PDF) from McGraw-Hill Online Learning Center. Citation examples in MLA and APA format.
Electronic References from American Psychological Association (APA). Electronic Media and URLs, General Forms for Electronic References, Reference Examples for Electronic Source Materials, and Citations in Text of Electronic Material. Excerpted from the new 5th edition of the APA Publication Manual.
Guide for Citing Electronic Resources from William Patterson University, NJ. Examples of citations in APA style.
Psychology with Style: A Hypertext Writing Guide (APA Style Guide)(for the 5th edition of the APA Manual) by M. Plonsky, Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, WI. Topics include: Typing, Writing in General, Style Details in General, Abbreviations, Numbers, Citations in the Text, Quotations. Research Reports. Research Reviews. Examples included in Appendices.
Sample APA Research Paper: Elwell, "The Secret of Walmart's Success: A Marxian Analysis" (Sociology).
Sample Business Proposal in APA: Ratajczak, "Proposal to Add a Wellness Program" (business proposal).
APS Online Style Manual (Draft) for Journal Articles. Three major sections: Formatting, Style, and Resources.
Physical Review Style and Notation Guide from American Physics Society (APS) by Anne Waldron, Peggy Judd, and Valerie Miller. Instructions for correct notation and style. Also available in PDF - 28 pages.
Chicago-Turabian Footnote & Endnote Citation Formats, Part 1. YouTube video, 4:59 min.
● Chicago-Turabian Footnote & Endnote Citation Formats, Part 2. YouTube video, 8:36 min.
● How to Format a Paper in Chicago Manual of Style. YouTube video, 8:18 min.
● How to Start a Thesis or Dissertation in Chicago (Turabian) Style. YouTube video, 7:13 min.
Chicago Manual of Style from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. History, Overview, Links.
Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition from Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL). General Format, Books, Periodicals, Web Sources, Film and Television, Interviews, Personal Communication, Lectures and Presentations, Public and Unpublished Materials, Author Date Sample Paper, Chicago's Notes and Bibliography - Formatting and Style Guide PowerPoint presentation.
Chicago Manual of Style Author-Date System Style Guide from Ohio State University. Guide is based on The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition (University of Chicago Press, 2010).
Author-Date system is recommended for the physical, natural and social sciences. Reference items are listed alphabetically at end of research paper. In-Text citations are noted in body of paper.
Chicago Author-Date Style Guide - Articles (Print)
Chicago Author-Date Style Guide - Books
Chicago Author-Date Style Guide - Electronic Resources: Electronic Journal Article, Electronic Book, Web Site.
Chicago Manual of Style Citation Guide - Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide from University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.
What’s New in the 16th Edition
University of Chicago Press: Art Submission Requirements
Chicago Manual of Style: Documentary Note or Humanities Style
Williams College Libraries, Williamstown, MA
Notes and Bibliography Examples for Books, Articles, Media, Web/Online, Government Information, Unpublished.
The Chicago Manual of Style Online, Fifteenth Edition
Includes Contents, Chicago Style Q&A, Tools: Manuscript Preparation, Index A-Z, Proofreading, Chicago Style Citation Quick Guide with examples for two basic documentation systems, the humanities style (notes and bibliography) and the author-date system.
Chicago Style: History, and Chicago Ducumentation Style
Model Notes and Bibliography Entries following guidelines in The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed.
Chicago Manuscript Format
Source: Diana Hacker (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2006).
Sample Research Paper in Chicago Style - in PDF, 10 pages by Ned Bishop.
Chicago/Turabian Documentation Style from Writing Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. Get a quick orientation to note systems, Create Chicago/Turabian first references, Create Chicago/Turabian subsequent references, and Create a Chicago/Turabian Works Cited page.
Citing Canadian Government Documents - Chicago Style. Simon Fraser University (SFU) Library. Examples in Chicago Manual of Style, Citation Rules and Explanations. See also Citation Guide: Chicago/Turabian (16th ed.) Examples on How to Cite.
Citing Electronic Information in History Papers. Turabian style by Maurice Crouse, Department of History, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN.
Sample Chicago Style Research Paper: Bishop, "The Massacre at Fort Pillow: Holding Nathan Bedford Forrest Accountable" from Bedford St. Martins.
Turabian Citation Style Guide from Ohio State University. Guide is based on Kate L. Turabian's A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers 7th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007.
Bibliography items are listed alphabetically at end of research paper. Items are referred to in the body of the paper using the Footnote or In-Text style.The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition (University of Chicago Press, 2010).
Citation Guide - Turabian from Concordia University Libraries.
Turabian Citation Style Guide - Articles
Turabian Citation Style Guide - Books
Turabian Citation Style Guide Electronic Resources: Electronic Journal Article (Notes-Bibliography System) - Bibliography, Footnote. Electronic Journal Article (Author-Date System) - Bibliography, In-Text. Web Site (Notes-Bibliography System). Web Site (Author-Date System).
Turabian Style Bibliographic Format Based on the 7th edition (2007) of Turabian's A Manual for Writers…Sample Bibliographic Entries from Clement C. Maxwell Library, Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA. Examples showing difference in form and punctuation between Note Entry Form and Bibliography Form.
Using Chicago Style to Cite and Document Sources Online! A reference guide to using internet sources, Bedford/St. Martin's. Adapting Chicago style to cite Internet sources, Using italics and underlining in Chicago style, and Using hypertext to document sources on the Web.
Writer's Handbook - Documentation: Chicago Style from Writing Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. Sample Notes, Works Cited Page, Citing Electronic Sources.
Note: CBE (Council of Biology Editors) changed its name to CSE (Council of Science Editors) effective January 1, 2000.
Council of Science Editors (CSE) from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Council of Science Editors Style (CSE) - Online Citation Guide
Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
Introduction to CSE Style, In-Text Citation, Books, Selections from Books, Periodicals, Online Sources.
Writing Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
Use the citation-sequence system, Create a CBE citation-sequence reference list, Use the name-year system, and Create a CBE name-year reference list.
Citation Guide: Council of Science Editors (Citation/Sequence System)
Writing@CSU Guide from Colorado State University
Guide is based on Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers (7th ed.)
Citing Sources within Your Paper: In-Text Numbering Rules. Citing Sources at the End of Your Paper: References Formatting Rules, Bibliography Formatting Rules, Formatting Examples.
Council of Science Editors (CSE) Style Guide
Writing Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison
"The Council of Science Editors (CSE) offers three systems of documentation. In all three systems, a reference list at the end of the paper provides all the information your reader needs to track down your sources. In-text references in your sentences show your reader which sources support the claims and information of that sentence."
CSE Style - Council of Science Editors Documentation Style. The Writer's Handbook CSE Citation Style from University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
CSE/CBE REFERENCING SYSTEM
The Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre, University of Toronto
Style Manual Committee, Council of Science Editors. 2006. Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers. 7th ed.
Examples for Formatting, Referencing, Citation-Sequence System (uses numbers to identify your resources), Name-Year System (uses in-text citations that include the author's last name and the year of publication).
CSE Citation Style Quick Guide from University of Alberta, Augustana Campus. Provides examples based on the 7th edition (2006) of Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers.
Cal Poly (California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA), Robert E. Kennedy Library
Sample citations to both print and online (Web-based) sources.
Book, Book Chapter, Journal Article, Newspaper Article, Senior Project, Web Site.
CSE Quick Citation Guide from PennState University. Examples for citing: Books, Articles from Print Periodicals (journals, magazines and newspapers), Internet Resources, Web Sites, Interviews and Other Personal Communication.
CSE Style: Biology and Other Sciences
CSE In-Text Citations
CSE Reference List
CSE Manuscript Format
Source: Diana Hacker (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2006).
Sample Research Paper in CSE Style - in PDF, 5 pages"> by Briana Martin, based on guidelines set forth in Scientific Style and Format Citation Quick Guide.
Using CBE Style to Cite and Document Sources online! a reference guide to using internet sources, Bedford/St. Martin's. Page briefly describes the citation-sequence and name-year citation systems, with examples on: Using italics and underlining in CBE style, and Using hypertext to document sources on the Web. Site includes a page on Using Other Styles to Cite and Document Sources with reference to ACS Style Guide, ASCE On-Line Authors' Guide, Linguistic Society of America (LSA) Style Sheet, American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style, American Institute of Physics (AIP) Style Manual, and others.
Writing: CSE or CBE Style - Citing Works in Papers by Mimi Rothschild, Home Schooling Online with Jubilee Academy.
LegalBluebook.com features major changes in the 18th edition of The Bluebook.
MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers is for high school and undergraduate students.
for Writers of Research Papers
for Writers of
by Joseph Gibaldi
MLA Style Manual
and Guide to
w/1998 Mla Style
of MLA Style:
A Guide to
for Writers of
by Joseph F. Trimmer
2003 MLA Update
by Diana Hacker
The MLA Handbook Web site. Uploaded on Jun 26, 2009 by Modern Language Association. YouTube video, 2:39 min.
● Changes to the MLA Handbook, 7th Edition. YouTube video, 9:08 min.
● MLA Style Essay Format - Word Tutorial by David Taylor. YouTube video, 10:00 min.
● MLA Citation Format - Put Your Papers & Essays in Perfect MLA Style: P1. YouTube video, 5:26 min.
● MLA Style Essay Formatting Tutorial for MS Word. YouTube video, 4:01 min.
● Setting your essay to MLA format in Word 2007. YouTube video, 5:46 min.
● How to make a works cited page. YouTube video, 2:28 min.
● How to create a Works Cited page in MLA 6 - Part I. YouTube video, 3:36 min.
● How to Cite a Website Using MLA Style. YouTube video, 1:47 min.
● Citing Websites using MLA 7th edition. YouTube video, 8:21 min.
● MLA documention. YouTube video, 8:15 min.
Bibliography Formats (in PDF) from McGraw-Hill Online Learning Center. Citation examples in MLA and APA format.
Citation Guide: MLA (7th ed. 2009) from Simon Fraser University Library.
● General notes: Parenthetical (In-text) citations | Works Cited | Additional MLA Web resources
● How to cite: Books | Online books | Chapters & Anthologies | Encyclopedias & Dictionaries | Print journal articles | Electronic journal articles | Magazine articles | Newspaper articles | Films & DVDs | Films online | Websites | Tweets | Indirect sources | Conference proceedings | Lectures | Custom Courseware | Figures & Tables | Canadian Government documents.
Citing Film and Video in slightly adapted
version of MLA style - with Examples
● Citing TV and Radio - with Examples by Gary Handman, Media Resources Center, Library, University of California, Berkeley, CA.
Citing Web Sources MLA Style. Vanguard University of Southern California. Citing Web Sources MLA Style by Robert Harris. Version Date: August 26, 2014. In-text Citation, Works Cited, Examples of Typical Web Sites, and Citing from Web Site Databases. From VirtualSalt, Dr. Bob's site containing resources for learners of all kinds - college and university students.
Documenting Sources in MLA Style: 2009 Update. A Hacker Handbooks Supplement. MLA in-text citations, MLA list of works cited, MLA information notes, MLA manuscript format, Sample MLA research paper. PDF 60 pages.
Guidelines on How to Write a Bibliography in MLA Style
Works Cited, References, Bibliography - What's the Difference?
How to Write a Bibliography - Examples in MLA Style - Based on MLA Handbook 7th ed.
How to Write Footnotes and Endnotes in MLA Style
First Footnotes and Endnotes - Examples in MLA Style
Parenthetical References - Examples in MLA Style
Footnotes in MLA Style - Sample Page
Endnotes in MLA Style - Sample Page
Parenthetical References in MLA Style - Sample Page
Works Cited in MLA Style - Sample Page
Quoting Passages Using MLA Style
St. Francis Xavier Secondary School Library, Mississauga, ON
How to Convert MLA Sources to APA Format by Art Corvelay, eHow Contributor.
How to Write a Research Paper in MLA Format. Site maintained by "Mr. Bill" - Bill Jackson.
Library of Congress Guide to Citing Primary Sources Using MLA Style. MLA citation format plus examples for citing: Entire Web Site, Articles and Essays, Cartoons and Illustations, Films, Government Publications, Manuscripts, Maps and Charts, Newspapers, Oral History Interviews, Photographs, Sound Recordings.
MLA. Modern Language Association. What Is MLA Style? FAQ.
MLA Citation Style. Cornell University Library, Ithaca NY. Citing Sources in the Text, Works Cited list.
MLA: Citing Electronic Information Style Guide. Erindale College Library, University of Toronto at Mississauga, ON. Based on MLA Style of citation developed by the Modern Language Association. Forms and examples of electronic documentation discussed under: CD-ROM, Internet, E-Mail, Endnotes / Footnotes / & Parenthetical Documentation.
MLA Documentation. Writing Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. General information about MLA parenthetical citations, Using the MLA abbreviation guidelines, Using the MLA quotation guidelines, Formatting MLA parenthetical citations, Create an MLA Works Cited Page, and Format the MLA Works Cited page. Includes a section on Numbered References.
MLA Formatting and Style Guide from Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL). General Format, Paper Format, General Guidelines, Formatting the First Page of Your Paper with Samples.
● MLA In-Text Citations: The Basics
● MLA Formatting Quotations
● MLA Endnotes and Footnotes
● MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format, Basic Rules, Capitaliztion and Puntuation, Listing Author Names
● MLA Works Cited Page: Books
● MLA Works Cited: Periodicals
● MLA Works Cited: Electronic Sources (Web Publications)
● MLA Works Cited: Other Common Sources: An Interview, Speeches, Lectures, or Other Oral Presentations (including Conference Presentations), Published Conference Proceedings, A Painting, Sculpture, or Photograph, Film or Movies, Recorded Films or Movies, Broadcast Television or Radio Program, Recorded Television Episodes (e.g. DVD, Videocassette), Sound Recordings, Spoken-Word Albums, Digital Files (PDFs, MP3s, JPEGs),
● MLA Abbreviations: Upper and Lowercase letter abbreviations, Abbreviations in citations (time, geographic names, scholarly abbreviations).
● MLA Sample Works Cited Page
● MLA Sample Paper
● MLA Tables, Figures, and Examples: Examples - Documenting source information in "Note form", MLA documentation for tables, figures, and examples.
● MLA PowerPoint Presentation
● MLA Undergraduate Sample Paper.
● MLA Classroom Poster. The MLA poster is a printable jpg file you may download and print out at different sizes for use in classrooms, writing centers, or as a pocket reference.
MLA Handbook: Bibliographic Format for References from University of Georgia Libraries. Based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 6th ed., 2003 Sources are acknowledged by short parenthetical citations in the text instead of numbered footnotes.
MLA Formatting and Style Guide from Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL). MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities. MLA In-Text Citations: The Basics, MLA Formatting Quotations, Endnotes and Footnotes, MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format, Books, Periodicals, Electronic Sources, Abbreviations, MLA Sample Works Cited Page, MLA Sample Paper, MLA Tables, Figures, and Examples, MLA PowerPoint Presentation, MLA Undergraduate Sample Paper, MLA Classroom Poster.
MLA In-Text Citations
MLA List of Works Cited
MLA Information Notes
MLA Manuscript Format by Diana Hacker, Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2006.
Sample Research Paper in MLA Style - in PDF, 8 pages by Angela Daly.
Sample Research Paper in MLA Style - in PDF, 10 pages by Paul Levi.
LEO: Literacy Education Online, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
How to correctly document different types of sources using MLA Parenthetical Documentation: Author(s) name, Multivolume works, Classic literary works, Special cases.
MLA Sample Works Cited Page from OWL Online Writing Lab, Purdue University.
MLA Style - Citation Guides. Library Guides at Westfield State University, MA.
Modern Language Association (MLA) Citation Guide from Ohio State University. Guide is based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition (Modern Language Association, 2009).
Works Cited items are listed alphabetically at end of research paper and double-spaced. Parenthetical references are items referred to in body of paper.
MLA Style Guide - Articles
MLA Style Guide - Books
Modern Language Association (MLA) Style Guide. MLA Style Citation Guides from University of Arizona.
Sample MLA Research Paper: Daly, "A Call to Action: Regulate Use of Cell Phones on the Road".
Seneca Libraries MLA Citation Guide.
Using MLA Style to Cite and Document
Sources online! a reference guide to using internet sources, Bedford/St. Martin's
Using principles of MLA style to cite Internet sources, Using italics and underlining in MLA style, Using hypertext to document sources on the Web, and Formatting Works Cited Entries in HTML.
MLA Formatting and Style Guide. From Purdue University Online Writing Lab, West Lafayette, IN. See also Videos: Purdue OWL: MLA Formatting - The Basics (3:00 min.) and Purdue OWL: MLA Formatting: List of Works Cited (8:17 min.)
Citing Web Sources MLA Style by Robert Harris, Version Date: August 26, 2014 Virtual Salt. Article describes 2009 MLA Web citation style (MLA Handbook, 7th ed.). See also: MLA Works Cited Style.
● 42 Amazing Resume Tips That You Can Use in 30 Minutes [Examples] from Uptowork.
Complete Guide to Writing a Student Resume [13 Tips, Examples] from Uptowork.
How to Put Your Education on a Resume [Tips and Examples] from Uptowork.
● ASCII Resumes: How to Create a Plain-Text Version of Your Resume from About.com - Career Planning.
● Common Resume Mistakes: What Never to Put on Your Resume from Open College.
● Create a Resume: 90 Resume Examples and 10 Steps: How to Write a Resume from Susan Ireland Resumes.
● Developing Resumes: Selecting a Resume Style from TTG Consultants.
● Do's and Don'ts of Writing a Professional Resume from Open College.
● Free Resume Templates from About.com
● Free Resume Templates: 279 professional resume samples in Word from Hloom.com.
● Ground Rules for an Effective Resume: Resume Do's and Don'ts from TTG Consultants.
● How to Make Your Resume Stand Out for the Right Reasons from Open Colleges.
● How to Write a Masterpiece of a Resume from Rockport Institute Ltd.
● How to Write a Resume from Open Colleges.
● How to Write a Resume.org. Resume Writing Tips, Resume Writing & Distribution Services.
● How to Write Resume in English from About.com - English as 2nd Language (ESL).
● Online Resume Builder from Jobma. A free and amazing utility that will assist you to produce a most efficient resume.
● Prepare Your Resume for Emailing or Posting on the Internet from The Riley Guide: Resumes & Cover Letters.
● Resume. Professional Writing Handouts and Resources from Purdue University, Online Writing Lab.
● The Resume as a Sales Tool from TTG Consultants.
● Resume Builder from LiveCareer.
● Resume Examples from Susan Ireland's Resume Site.
● Resume Examples by Industry from My Perfect Resume.
● Resume-Help.org. Resume writing, resume distribution, and resume writing tips.
● Resume Samples from LiveCareer.
● Resume Tips from Yana Parker.
● Resume Writing from New International: Job Provider, Job Seeker.
● Resume Writing Resources from ResumeEdge.com.
● Resumes and other Creative Job Search Articles from Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED).
● Resumes and Resume Samples from JobStar Central.
● Sample Scannable Resume
● Sample Traditional Resume
● Sample Web Resume
● Susan Ireland's Resume Site.
● Writing a Resume When You Have No Work Experience from Open College.
● About Cover Letters from JobStar.
● The Art of the Cover Letter from ResumeEdge.com.
● Cover Letter Builder from LiveCareer.
● How to Write a Cover Letter or Cover Email from Susan Ireland Resumes.
● Cover Letter Help from Resume-Help.org.
● Cover Letter Tips from How-to-Write-a-Resume.org.
● Cover Letters and Cover Letters: Writing Effective Cover Letters from Job Search, About.com.
● Cover Letters & Other Correspondence from The Riley Guide: Resumes & Cover Letters.
● Cover Letters and Thank You Notes from Minnesota WorkForce Center.
● FAQs about Cover Letters by William S. Frank.
● Guide to Thank You Letters and Guide to Follow Up Letters by Yana Parker, include examples.
● How to Write a Thank-You Note by Leslie Harpold, The Morning News. A six-point formula to the proper thank-you: Learn it, know it, memorize it. 1. Greet the Giver. 2. Express Your Gratitude. 3. Discuss Use. 4. Mention the Past, Allude to the Future. 5. Grace. 6. Regards.
● How to Write a Thank You Note in 7 steps, by eHow Culture & Society Editor.
● How to Write Effective Thank-You Letters: 8 Tips from WriteExpress.
● How to Write Thank You Letters With Class by Shaun Fawcett, from EzineArticles. Includes MLA, APA and Chicago Style citation examples to cite this article.
● How to Write the Perfect "Thank You" Letter by Alice Feathers, M.A. TESOL, from WriteExpress.
● Resignation Letters, Thank You Letters, Employment Letters from Job Searching, About.com.
● Sample Business Memo.
● Thank You Letters by Alison Doyle, from Job Searching, About.com. Writing a thank you letter, or thank you email, after an employment interview is a must. See also: Sample Thank You Letters
● Writing Notes: Tips, Ideas & Samples. Include: How to Write a Thank You Note, Sympathy Thank You, Hospitality Thank You, General Thank You Note.
This classic book by William Strunk, Jr. on the Elements of Style includes: Elementary Rules of Usage, Elementary Principles of Composition, Words & Expressions Commonly Misused, An Approach to Style with a List of Reminders: Place yourself in the background, Revise and rewrite, Avoid fancy words, Be clear, Do not inject opinion, Do not take shortcuts at the cost of clarity, ... and much more. See details of The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. online at Bartleby.com.
The Basic Elements of English Grammar Guide
University of Calgary, AB
Topics covered include list of style guides, formatting checklist, quotations, plagiarism, sample essay, documenting sources using MLA style.
Capitalization Rules from GrammarBook.com by Jane Straus, author of Common Errors in English Usage by Paul Brians
English Grammar Guide, English Idioms, English Vocabulary Lists, English Quotes, English Test,English Names from EF - Education First.
Grammar Exercises from Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) with answers provided. Adjectives, adverbs, appositives, articles, count and noncount nouns, prepositions, and tense consistency.
● Punctuation Exercises - punctuation rules, basic punctuation marks, apostrophes, quotation marks, and commas.
● Spelling Exercises.
● Sentence Structure - sentence clauses, sentence fragments, sentence structure, and subject-verb agreement.
● Sentence Style.
● Writing Numbers.
Grammar Girl: General Grammar Tips.
● Everybody: Singular or Plural. Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing.
● Affect Versus Effect
● Who Versus Whom
● Whoever or Whomever?
● Lay Versus Lie. "It's pretty easy; you lay something down, and people lie down by themselves." See also: Lay Versus Lie in the Past Tense.
● Capitalizing Titles
● "A Historic " Versus "An Historic"
● I.e. Versus E.g. by Mignon Fogarty. "I.e. and e.g. are both abbreviations for Latin terms. I.e. stands for id est and means roughly 'that is.' E.g. stands for exempli gratia, which means 'for example' . . . Don't italicize i.e. and e.g.; even though they are abbreviations for Latin words, they've been used for so long that they're considered a standard part of the English language. Also, remember that they are abbreviations, so there is always a period after each letter.”
● Ending a Sentence With a Preposition by Mignon Fogarty.
● Oddness When You Start a Sentence with "There Is".
Grammar Rules for the Unenlightened (Or: How to Write Good).
Guide to Grammar & Writing
Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
Word and Sentence (Sentence Parts, Abbreviations, Punctuation), Paragraph (Sentence Variety, Tense, Pronoun Consistency), Essay & Research Paper (Writing Process), Ask Grammar, Quizzes, FAQ, Search Engines, Peripherals & PowerPoints, and Grammar Poll.
Writing Centre, University of Ottawa, Canada
Parts of Speech, Sentence, Punctuation, Pronouns, Verbs, Modifiers, Phrases, Clauses, Building Sentences, Writing Paragraphs, Diction, Spelling, and Miscellaneous Topics. Credits: Heather MacFadyen, David Megginson, Frances Peck, and Dorothy Turner.
The Internet Grammar of English
University College London
An online course in English grammar written primarily for university undergraduates, it does not assume any prior knowledge of grammar.
List of proofreader's marks from Wikipedia.
The Chicago Manual of Style Online: Proofreading. Proofreaders' Marks: Operational signs, Typographical signs, Punctuation marks.
The Editing Process. Paradigm Online Writing Assistant.
A Guide to Proofreading Symbols from the No-Nonsense Proofreading Course.
Proofreader's Marks and Editing Guidelines from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
Proofreader's Marks from Public Works and Government Services Canada. Translation Bureau - The Canadian Style - Revision and Proofreading.
Proofreading and Editing Symbols from University of Western Ontario, include explanation and examples of each.
Proofreading Marks. Symbol, Example & Meaning. Office of Marketing Communications, Boston College, Newton, MA.
Proofreading Marks at a Glance from Biomedical Editor.
Steps in Editing (Proofreading) Your Papers. Handouts include: Proofreading Strategies, Editing and Proofreading Strategies for Revision, Proofreading Your Paper, as well as Proofreading: The Final Touches.OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
25 Ways to Boost Your Writing Skills by Saga Briggs, InformED. Here are 25 surefire ways to boost your skills and become a master of communication. Saga Briggs has taught and tutored writing at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels. She earned a B.A. in Creative Writing from Oberlin College.
How to Judge the Reliability of Internet Information a Mayfield Publishing Web Tutorial.
● How to Build Website Trust and Authority by Michael Gray, Graywolf's SEO Blog.
● When to Trust a Website from Windows Microsoft.
● Top 100 List: Health Websites You Can Trust from CAPHIS (Consumer and Patient Health Information Section).
● Learning to Trust Websites from ValidatedSite.
The BBC News Styleguide by John Allen, in PDF, 92 pages.
BBC Radio News Style Guide.
The Changing Role of Libraries in the Digital Age by Steve Haber, President of Sony's Digital Reading Business, Updated May 25, 2011. Huffington Post blog.
Critically Analyzing Information Sources by Joan Ormondroyd (original author); updated, edited and Webified by Michael Engle and Tony Cosgrave. Research & Learning Services, Olin and Uris Libraries, Cornell University, Ithaca NY. Initial Appraisal: Author, Date of Publication, Edition or Revision, Publisher, Title of Journal. Content Analysis: Intended Audience, Objective Reasoning, Coverage, Writing Style, Evaluative Reviews.
CustomWritten.com: College and University Writing Tips by Steve Svan, former student of WSB [Wyzsza Szkola Biznesu = Advanced School of Business] National Louis University, Nowy Sacz, Poland. Guide to organized and resourceful assignments, ranging from research papers, essays, and term papers to book reports, admission essays, dissertations, and Ph.D. theses.
Guide on How to Write University Essays, Courseworks, Assignments and Dissertations by Verena Vaneeva. Contents include: How to write an Essay, Coursework or Report, Marketing or Marketing Communications Campaign, Dissertation, How to define Issue or Argument, Research Methods, Dissertation Structure.
How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography (in APA and MLA styles) by Michael Engle, Amy Blumenthal, and Tony Cosgrave. Research & Learning Services, Olin and Uris Libraries, Cornell University, Ithaca NY. Sample annotated bibliography entry for a journal article (in APA and MLA styles). Site also includes: What is an annotated bibliography? Annotations vs. abstracts, Process, Critically appraising the book, article, or document, Choosing the correct format for the citations.
Learn how to write effectively - how to choose the most effective information, how to arrange it effectively, and how to decide on the most appropriate language to use when writing for any audience. This grammar-first handbook comprehensively covers grammar, style, punctuation, and mechanics as situated around rhetorical concerns: the writer, reader, message, context, and exigence (the reason for writing).
How to Write an A+ Research Paper. St. Francis Xavier Secondary School, Mississauga, ON. Step by step guide on how to write an excellent research paper quickly and successfully.
How to Write a Research Paper. TeacherVision.com. Establish topic, look for sources, take notes, organize ideas, write first draft, use footnotes & endnotes, write bibliography, revise first draft, and proofread final draft.
A Letter to Research Students - 7 pages, in PDF by Duane A. Bailey, Department of Computer Science, Williams College, Williamstown, MA. Organizational hints include: Reading is fundamental, Writing is fundamental.
Library Resources and Methods of Research: Search Strategies from Ithaca College, NY. Before your start, Search Strategy, Evaluating sources. Emphasis on having a good search strategy, includes Flowchart of a Search Strategy.
Online Writing Lab from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. Tutorial Center for Writers. Online Writing Labs (OWLs), Internet Search Tools, Resources for Writers and Teachers, Purdue Resources, Links to other WWW writing resources.
Principles of Composition from Capital Community College, Hartford, CT. The Writing Process (Outlining, Sense of Purpose, Avoiding Plagiarism, Formatting Papers, Deadly Sins Checklist), Structural Considerations (Thesis Statement, Conclusions, Five-Paragraph Essay), Patterns of Composition (Comparison & Contrast, Cause & Effect, Argumentative Essay).
Tips for Good Writing by Richard F. Hirsh, Professor, History and STS, Virginia Tech Blacksburg, VA.
QuickStudy: Library Research Guide from University of Minnesota Libraries, St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN. Learn How to Use the Library: Starting Your Research, Designing a Research Strategy, Find Books, Articles, Web Sites, Facts, Reviews, and More, Evaluating and Citing Sources, and Searching the MLA International Bibliography. Includes an Instructor's Manual for QuickStudy.
Research 101 from University of Washington Information Literacy Learning. An interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills. The tutorial covers the basics, including how to select a topic and develop research questions, as well as how to select, search for, find, and evaluate information sources.
Research and Documenting Sources - OWL: Handouts from Purdue University Online Writing Lab. Handouts and exercises on research skills and resources and the writing of research papers.
Research Using the Internet from University of Toronto Mississauga Library, ON. Basic principles, forms, and examples of citation are demonstrated using both the APA (American Psychological Association) & MLA (Modern Language Association) Style Guides.
Researchpaper.com produced by Bigchalk Corporation, New York, NY. Large collection of topics, ideas, and assistance for school related research projects.
The Seven Steps of the Research Process from Olin and Uris Libraries, Cornell University, Ithaca NY.
Secondary English Resources Page. Skills, Courses, Resources, Further Links. Page written and maintained in Brisbane Australia by G. Smith, started 29 January 1999. Last updated: 28 August 2011.
The St. Martin's Guide to Writing, 7th ed. Free registration as a student or instructor to use guide. Contents include: Critical Reading Guides. Why writing is important. How writing is learned. Writing activities. Critical thinking, writing, and research strategies. Writing for assessment. Untangling the Web. Online Research. Writer's Links. Instructor's Resources.
Style guide from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Style Guide (22 pages in PDF) from Office of Public Relations, McMaster University. Abbreviations, Acronyms, Dates and Times, Initial Caps, Italics, Measurements, Numbers, Punctuation, Spelling, Usage, Terms for Inclusive Language and Imagery.
Ten Steps to a Good Research Paper - Study Skills. How to Study.com - Mangrum-Strichart Learning Resources.
10 Tips for Writing an Essay from Carleton University, Ottawa.
Term Paper Research: Getting Started from University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. A brief and concise research strategy.
Working Habits That Work from Princeton University, Princeton, NJ. Advice on writing a research paper. "Take complete and careful notes. Keep all of your notes. Be scrupulous in drafting and checking your papers. If you do all of your work on a computer . . . be especially careful. Understand the difference between primary and secondary sources. Don’t rely on a single secondary source. Be extra careful to verify the accuracy or validity of information obtained from electronic sources . . . when in doubt, cite. Be your own hardest critic. Be sure you understand your instructor’s expectations for your work. Give yourself enough time to do your work well and carefully."
The Writers' Workshop from Department of English, Northern Illinois University. Students' Resources include Editor's Grammar and Mechanics, Quoting and Quotations, Citing Sources: The MLA Way, and Plagiarism: A MUST read. See also Tutors' Resources, Instructors' Resources, and Visitors' Resources.
Writing and Study Skills Centre from University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB. Writing Answers include: How to document sources using APA, MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, General composition, Grammar and Style. Study & Studentship Answers. Include how to study, make presentations, take notes, prepare for tests and exams, read effectively, manage stress, manage time and avoid multitasking.
The Writing Centre: HyperGrammar. Includes:
What Is an Adverb?
What Is a Conjunction?
What Is a Preposition?
What Is a Pronoun?
University of Ottawa, Canada.
Writing Tips: Capitalization in Titles from Writer's Block. "Always capitalize the first and the last word. Capitalize all nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, and subordinate conjunctions. Lowercase all articles, coordinate conjunctions, and prepositions. Lowercase the 'to' in an infinitive." Examples given. See also
Capitalization Rules for Titles adapted by Eric Rasmusen, and
Conjunctions. Coordinating Conjunctions, Correlative Conjunctions, Conjunctive Adverbs, Subordinating Conjunctions, from Towson University, Towson, MD.