Reference Library Sitemap
301 Anthropology, (Cultural anthropology), (Social anthropology), (Physical anthropology), (Archaeology), (Linguistics), (Ethnology), (Ethnography), (Indigenous peoples)
301.45 Afro-Americans - Segregation - Southern States - History, (Jim Crow Laws), Southern States - History - 1865-1951, Southern States - Race relations, (Race discrimination - United States)
301.55 Mass Media, (Popular Culture), (Flash Mob)
302.2 Signs and symbols, Communication
302.23 Mass media, (Mass communication), (Media), (TV), (Magazines), (Radio), (Newspapers)
302.3 Bullying, Bullying - Prevention, Bullies
303.3 Public opinion polls, Quality of life, Social values, Values, (Best employers)
303.6 Terrorism, Terrorists - Biography, (9/11)
304.6 Population, Birthrate, Mortality, Vital statistics, Human fertility, (Death rate), (Mortuary statistics), (Demography), (Birth rate), (Marriage statistics)
305.23 Children, Children and adults, Child development, (Child rearing), (Child abuse), (Child welfare), (Teenagers), (Teenage pregnancy)
305.26 Aging, Retirement, (Senior citizens), (Seniors), (Aged), Elderly, Gerontology, Old age, (Older adults)
305.4 Women, Women - Identity, (Women - History), (Women - Social Conditions)
305.896 Blacks, African Americans, (Afro-Americans), (Blacks - United States), (Black History Month), Blacks - Canada, Blacks - Great Britain
307.76 City life, Cities and towns, Urban sociology, (Town life), (Urban life)
314.1 Great Britain - Census, United Kingdom - Census, Great Britain - Statistics, United Kindgom - Statistics, (Scotland - Census), (Northern Ireland - Census)
317.1 Canada - Census, Canada - Statistics
317.3 United States - Census, United States - Statistics
319.4 Australia - Census, Australia - Statistics
320.1 Political science, Political ethics
322.4 Ku Klux Klan, (K.K.K.)
323 Human rights, Civil rights, United States - Civil rights, Blacks - Civil rights, African Americans - Civil rights, (Basic rights)
323.3 Women's rights, Women's movement, Feminism, (Women - Civil rights), (Women - Emancipation), (Women - Equal rights), (Women - Suffrage)
323.44 Freedom of action, Freedom of information, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom of the press, Intellectual freedom, Books - Censorship, (Banned books), (Social justice), (Equality)
323.6 Citizenship, Citizenship - Australia, Citizenship - Canada, Citizenship - United Kingdom, Citizenship - United States, (Passports)
324.271 Political parties - Canada, Conservative Party of Canada, Liberal Party of Canada, New Democratic Party, (Canadian Federal Political Parties)
324.273 Political parties - United States, Democratic Party (U.S.), Republican Party (U.S.), Third Parties (United States politics)
325 Immigrants, Immigration and emigration
326 Underground railroad, Slavery, (Slave trade), Abolitionists, (Abolition of slavery)
327.1 Peace, Peace movement, Arms control, Arms race, (Disarmament)
330.1 Lost and found possessions, (Lost pets), (Lost articles), (Found items)
331 Labor market, (United States - Bureau of Labor Statistics)
331.25 Pensions, Retirement income, Military pensions, Old age pensions, (Social security), (Naval pensions), (War pensions), (Old age insurance), (Compensation), (Survivor's benefits), (Disability benefits), (Children's benefits), (Retirement pension)
331.3 Age and employment, Children - Employment, (Child labor)
331.5 Apprentices, (Employees - Training), (Occupational training), (Labor)
331.7 Occupations, (Jobs), (Careers), (Job search), (Employment), (Trades), Vocational guidance
332.024 Personal finance, Estate planning, Saving and thrift, (Financial planning, Personal), (Finance, Personal), (Budgets, Personal), (Registered Retirement Savings Plans - RRSP), (Registered Retirement Income Fund - RRIF), (Retirement income - Planning), (Tax-Free Savings Account - TFSA)
332.1 Banks and banking, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
332.10971 Banks and banking - Canada
332.10973 Banks and banking - United States
332.4 Money, Coinage, Mints, Paper money, Gold, Inflation (Finance), (Currency), (Standard of value), (Legal tender), Exchange, Foreign exchange, (Exchange rates)
332.63 Stocks, (Stock market), (Stock quotes), Bonds, Mutual funds, Securities, (Investments), (Foreign investments)
332.64 Stock exchange, (Securities exchange)
332.7 Credit cards, Debt, Loans, Mortgages, Consumer credit
332.8 Interest (Economics), Interest rates, (Prime rates)
333.33 Real estate business, Houses - Buying and selling, (Home buying), (Home purchase), (Real property), (Realty), (Apartments), (Rentals)
336.2 Taxation, (Income tax), (IRS), (CRA), (CCRA), (Revenue Canada), (Tax returns), (Taxes)
336.3 Public debts, (Government debts), (National debts)
338 Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, (Home-based business), (Small business), Businesspeople, (Business people), (Self-employed), (Freelancers)
338.1 Farm produce - Marketing, (Farmers markets), (Agricultural products), (Farm crops)
338.4 Consumer goods, (Consumer products), (Merchandise)
338.5 Consumer price indexes, (Cost of living indexes)
338.7 Business enterprises, Corporations (Business organizations), (Businesses), (Firms), (Companies)
338.9 Subsidies, Economic policy, (Grants), (Federal aid), (Business and government), (Economic planning)
340 Law, (Jurisprudence), (Laws), (Statutes), (Case law), (Legal forms), Law - Directories
Governments: (See countries, e.g.: 971 Canada, 973 USA)
341.3 Embassies and consulates, Diplomacy, Diplomatic and consular service, International relations
341.7 Copyright, Fair use (Copyright), (Intellectual property), (Literary property), (International copyright), (Cyberspace law), (Cyberlaw)
345 Trials (Homicide), Criminal law, Trials (Murder), (Manslaughter), (Crime), (Offenses against the person), (War crime trials), (Courts martial and courts of inquiry), (Poisons and poisoning)
345.052 Wiretapping - Law and legislation
346.0434 Landlord and Tenant
346.05 Estate planning, Inheritance and transfer tax, (Tax planning), (Personal finance)
346.4 Trademarks, (Logos), (Company symbols), (Corporate symbols), (Trade marks)
347.053 Class actions
349.71 Law - Canada
349.73 Law - United States
352.230941 Prime ministers - Great Britain
352.230971 Prime ministers - Canada
352.230973 Presidents - United States
353.8 School boards, (Boards of education) - See 371.2 Schools - Administration
355 Military readiness
358.38 Biological warfare, (Bacterial warfare), (Germ warfare)
361.3 Volunteer work, (Volunteers), (Volunteering)
361.6 Social policy, (Government policy), (National planning), (Social planning)
361.7068 Fund raising, (Fundraising)
361.8 Charities, (Charity organization), (Charitable institutions), (Humanitarianism), (Philanthropy), (Endowments)
362.1 Hospitals, Hospitals - United States
362.2 Mentally ill, (Insane), (Insanity), (Sanity), (Mentally deranged)
362.204251 Emergency and rescue operations, (Acts of Kindness), (Real life heroes), (Rescue)
362.29 Alcoholism, Drug abuse, Substance abuse, (Addiction to alcohol), (Drug addiction)
362.4 Handicapped, (Disabled), Deaf, Deafness, Hearing impaired, Physically handicapped, Blind, Blindness, People with visual disabilities
362.7 Child support, Child abuse, Child sexual abuse, Child welfare, Abandoned children, (Deadbeat dads), (Deadbeat moms), (Deadbeat parents)
362.8297 Missing children
363.1 Accidents - Prevention, Safety education, (Safety measures), (Water safety)
363.12 Aircraft accidents, (Aeronautics - Accidents), (Air crashes), (Airplane accidents), (Aviation accidents), (Plane crashes)
363.1251 Drunk driving, (Driving while intoxicated), (Driving under the influence of alcohol)
363.17 Poisons and poisoning, Hazardous substances, (Toxic substances)
363.2 Police, Law enforcement
363.25 Fingerprints, Fingerprints - Identification, Criminal investigation, Criminals - Identification, Forensic sciences
363.28 Secret Service 363.33 Gun control, (Firearms - Law and legislation), (Right to bear arms) 363.34 Disaster relief, (Disaster preparedness), (Emergency preparedness) 363.7 Environment, Environmental protection, Noise pollution, (Pollution - Prevention), (Pollution control), (Conservation movement), (Green movement), (Ecological movement)
363.72 Hazardous wastes, (Toxic wastes)
363.738 Acid rain
363.739 Pollution, Air pollution - Measurement, (Atmosphere - Pollution), Water pollution, (Soil pollution)
364.1 Computer crimes, Impostors and imposture, (Hoaxes), (Charlatans), (Pretenders), (Chain letters)
364.16 Fraud, Credit card crimes, Swindlers and swindling, (Con artists), (Con game)
364.6 Capital punishment, (Death penalty), (Executions), (Hanging)
Scouts and scouting, (Boy Scouts), (Girl Scouts), (Girl Guides)
370.19 Foreign study, Foreign students, (College students), (Overseas study), (Study abroad)
371 Schools (K-12), (K12), (Education), (Homework)
371.04 Home schooling, (Home-based education), (Home education), (Home instruction), (Home teaching by parents), (Homeschooling)
371.102 Teaching, (Art of teaching), (Methods of teaching)
371.12 (Teacher qualifications), (Professional qualifications of teachers), (Certification of teachers)
371.2 Schools - Administration, (School management and organization), (Acceptable use policy - AUP)
371.26 Educational tests and measurements, Examinations, Intelligence tests, Psychological tests, Ability - Testing, (Tests), (Achievement tests), (Objective tests), (Educational measurements), (Intelligence testing), (Mental tests), (IQ tests), (I.Q. tests)
371.3 Teaching - Aids and devices, Teaching machines, Programmed instruction, Computer assisted instruction, (Instructional materials), (Teaching materials), (Lesson plans)
See also WebQuests - Web-based lesson plans (Internet activities for educational purposes)
371.3028 Homework, Study skills, (Art of learning), (Method of study), (Study strategies)
371.39 Tutors and tutoring, (Tutorial), (Tutorials), (Learning), (Education at home), (Home instruction), (Courses of study)
371.42 Vocational guidance, (Vocational education), (Career education)
371.7 Safety education, School violence, (Student violence), (School vandalism), (Violence in schools), (Accidents - Prevention)
372 Elementary schools
373 High schools
374 Discussion groups, Voice chat
377.2 Character, Moral education, (Character education)
378 Colleges and universities
378.13 Alumni and alumnae - Directories
378.3 Scholarships, Student aid, Student loan funds, (Bursaries), (Fellowships), (Scholarship funds), (Student financial assistance)
379.158 School standards and accreditation, (Educational standards)
380 Commerce, communications, transportation
380.1 Markets, and 381 Telemarketing (See 658.8 Auctions, Direct selling, Telemarketing, Online bookstores)
380.106 Chamber of commerce, (Boards of trade)
381.13 Franchises (Retail trade)
382 International economic relations, International trade, (International organization), (Internatioal cooperation), (World economics), (Economic planning), (Social policy)
383 Postal service, Postal code, Zip code, Postage stamps, (Mail service), (Post office), Postcards
384 Electronic mail systems (E-mail or email addresses), Telephone (Telephone directories), Video telephone, Chat dictionaries, Data transmission systems, Telecommunication, (Wireless)
384.54 Radio stations, Radio broadcasting, Radio programs, Amateur radio stations, (Ham radio stations), (High-frequency radio), (Citizens band radio)
384.55 Television, Television broadcasting, Public television, Television and youth, Television and children, (Educational television)
387.5 Merchant marine, (Sailors), (Seamen)
388.4 City traffic, Traffic engineering, Local transit, (Street traffic), (Urban traffic), (Highway transportation)
391 Costume, Fashion, Clothing and dress
391.413 Shoes, (Footwear), (Boots)
391.6 Perfumes, Tattooing
392.1 Female circumcision
392.5 Weddings, Marriage customs and rites, (Bridal customs), (Honeymoon)
394.26 Holidays, Festivals, (Christian holidays), (Religious holidays), (Chinese New Year), (Valentine's Day), (Easter), (Halloween), (Veterans' Day), (Thanksgiving Day)
394.268 Christmas, Christmas customs, Christmas cards, Christmas cookies, Christmas decorations, (Santa Claus), (St. Nicholas), (St. Nick), (Xmas)
398 Folklore, (Folk lore), (Folk tales), (Traditions) 398.2 Fables, Fairy tales, Legends, Urban legends (Hoaxes)
398.22 Arthurian romances, Grail, (King Arthur), (Holy Grail), (Arthur, King - Romances), (Knights of the Round Table)
398.24 Mythical animals, Animals - Folklore, Dragons, (Monsters)
398.8 Nursery rhymes
How Rich People
by Steve Siebold
Think and Grow Rich:
The Landmark Bestseller
by Napoleon Hill
The Richest Man
by George S. Clason
The Index Card:
Why Personal Finance Doesn't
Have to Be Complicated
by Helaine Olen
and Harold Pollack
Success Habits of
by Thomas C. Corley
You're So Money:
Even When You're Not
by Farnoosh Torabi
Foreword by Jim Cramer
Rich Dad Poor Dad:
What the Rich Teach Their Kids
About Money That the Poor
and Middle Class Do Not!
by Robert T. Kiyosaki
of the Millionaire Mind:
Mastering the Inner
Game of Wealth
by T. Harv Eker
Why NOW Is the Time
to Cash In
on Your Passion
by Gary Vaynerchuk
4 Habits of Millionaires That Work for Everyone by Timothy Sykes. 1. Millionaires work hard. 2. Millionaires have clear goals. 3. Millionaires are willing to fail. 4. Millionaires have successful mentors.
5 Steps to Reduce Your Debt: Do-it-Yourself Debt Reduction from Credit.com, Oct. 17, 2013.
7 Habits of Self-Made Millionaires by Stephanie Vozza. "Most millionaires aren't born; they're self-made."
9 Smart Habits of Real Millionaire Entrepreneurs by AllBusiness Editors. Nine millionaires and their habits. Highly Effective Habits: 1. Start Every Day Before Sunrise. 2. Read Every Day. 3. Step Outside Your Comfort Zone. 4. Get 2 Hours of Peace Every Weekend. 5. Stay Frugal. 6. Work While Working Out. 7. Never Stop Learning. 8. Stay Motivated. 9. Do a Good Deed Every Day.
10 Characteristics of Debt-Free People by AJ Smith, Feb. 7, 2014, Yahoo! Finance.
360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation?s Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills.
The Canada Savings Bonds Program.
Canadian Financial Literacy Database from Government of Canada. Find resources, events, tools and information on budgeting, money management, insurance, saving, investing, and taxes from various Canadian organizations. See also Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) which provides you with the knowledge you need to make decisions about finances that are right for you.
CANOE Money: Personal Finance provides information and links including numerous calculators: Calculators: RRSP, RRIF and Retirement Calculators, Credit/Savings Calculators, Real Estate Calculators, Consumers Calculators, Insurance Calculators.
CU Succeed Resources. Credit Union Teens Financial Network. Contents: My Budget, My Calculators (Credit Card Payoff Calculator, Loan Calculator, Savings Calculator, Auto Loan Calculator), My Car, My College, My Credit, My Job, My Links, My Savings, and Financial Glossary.
● Interest Only Loan Calculator from Financial Mentor.
● Financial Calculators from CQK Chartered Accountants.
● Financial Calculators from Scotiabank.
● Investment Financial Decision Making Tools and Calculators: TFSA Calculator
● TFSA vs RRSP Calculator from TaxTips.ca.
● RRSP Calculator
● RESP Calculator
● RRIF/LIF/LRIF/RLIF Illustration. See also:
● Personal Net Worth Calculator from TD Canada Trust.
● Net Worth Calculator from Bankrate.com. This net worth calculator helps determine your net worth. It also estimates how net worth could grow or decline over the next 10 years.
● What are you worth? Networth Calculator from CNN. Periodically calculating your net worth - the value of your assets minus your liabilities - is the best way to measure and track your financial well-being.
● What Is My Net Worth? from Sun Life Financial.
● Net Worth Calculator from Standard Life.
● What Is Your Net Worth? from Bankrate.com.
● What is my current net worth? From CalcXML.
● Your net worth calculator from Money Smart, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Financial Dictionary from Art Branch Inc. Definitions of over 300 financial terms. Includes information on Banking, a Loan Calculator, a Mortgage Calculator and a Financial Quiz to test your financial knowledge.
Financial Planning: Complete Guide to Personal Finance and Financial Success from About.com.
Financial Quiz tests your your financial knowledge. Each financial quiz contains 10 randomly selected questions from a pool containing hundreds of finance related questions. Your score and correct answers provided.
Financialized Resources. View Financialized.com Videos on Investing, Banking, Credit FAQ, Loan FAQ, as well as Insurance Glossary, Investment Glossary and Mortgate Glossary.
Guide to Smarter Financial Decisions from MoneyGeek. Smarter financial decisions for retirement, protecting your assets, life, your education, daily spending, and buying a house. Free financial tools, calculators, and resources to simplify choices for your money and your future. Includes: Cost of Living Calculator, Refinance Calculator, Mortgage Payments Calculator, FHA vs. Conventional Loan Calculator (FHA=Federal Housing Administration), Calculating Your Reverse Mortgage Potential.
How to Do an Annual Financial Checkup from About.com. Identify your goals, Evaluate changes in your personal situation, Protect your assets, Review your will and your estate plan, Evaluate your investment performance, Evaluate your debts, Reduce your income taxes, Review your retirement plans, plus Links to related articles.
How to Pay Down Debt and Increase Your Cash Flow from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC).
● Beat Your Credit Card Debt in a Few Simple Steps
● The "Benefits" of Being a Senior.
● Tap the Value of Home Ownership in Retirement.
● Debt Check-Up: Are You at Risk if Interest Rates Rise?
● Managing Debt - Your Money - Seniors from YourMoney, Canadian Bankers Association (CBA).
● Borrowing - Your Money - Students from YourMoney, Canadian Bankers Association (CBA).
Loan Calculator and Line of Credit Calculator from CIBC. Calculator works for loan amount between $3,000 and $75,000.
mint.com. The simplest and most effective way to manage your money. Free Personal Finance Software, Online Money Management, Budget Planner and Financial Planning.
Money from AARP - American Association of Retired Persons. See also Budgeting and Saving, Estate Planning, Scams and Fraud, Retirement Planning, Social Security.
Money Essentials from CNNMoney. Financial advice in 23 lessons. Free Web sites that give you an instant big picture on your saving, spending and retirement portfolio.
Power of Attorney and Living Wills from Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General. Free download of Power of Attorney Kit in PDF: Powers of Attorney - Forms for Continuing Power of Attorney for Property and Power of Attorney for Personal Care.
Premium Calculator from Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). The CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance premium is calculated as a percentage of the loan and is based on the size of your down payment. Effective June 1, 2015, mortgage loan insurance premium for homebuyers with less than a 10% down payment will increase by approximately 15%. See: How Much Does CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance Cost?
RRIF Minimum Withdrawal. Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) - Annual Minimum Withdrawal Percentage Chart from CIBC Wood Gundy. Any time before the end of the year you turn 71, RRSPs must be converted to RRIFs. There is a minimum annual withdrawal required each year based on the value of the RRIF and the plan holder?s age (or spouse?s age). The minimum amount that must be withdrawn each year is equal to the market value of the RRIF at the beginning of the year, multiplied by a specific percentage.
Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) program began in 2009. It is a way for individuals who are 18 and older and who have a valid social insurance number to set money aside tax-free throughout their lifetime. Contributions to a TFSA are not deductible for income tax purposes.
● Investment income earned in a TFSA is tax-free.
● Withdrawals from a TFSA are tax-free.
● Unused TFSA contribution room is carried forward and accumulates in future years ...
For a brief up-to-date summary of the TFSA, see Tax-Free Savings Account from Wikipedia.
Where Does All My Money Go? By Paula Pant. You Don't Think You Spend Lavishly. So Where is Your Money Going?
ATM Locations - Search Systems: Directory: U.S. Nationwide / Banking, Search Systems: Directory: Canada Nationwide / Banking, includes Airport Cash Machines, Master Card ATM Locator - U.S., Canada, International - Search by Country / City / Address, Master Card ATM Locator - Search by Airport.
ATM Locator - VISA. Find ATM locations closest to you. Select a region and/or country, enter name of city, zip or postal code. Site will provide a detailed map indicating all the locations closest to your stated address. Also available is a list of Airport ATMs for airports around the world complete with terminal diagrams. See also ATM Locator - MasterCard and the nearest Express Cash ATM for American Express.
Banks Online Worldwide.
Islamic Banking and Finance from Wikipedia.
Look up: Banking Terms from Babylon.com. Glossaries of economy and finances with detailed explanations of words, acronyms and definitions from the world of finance and banking. Include: Campbell R. Harvey's Hypertextual Finance Glossary, UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) Money-Laundering Terms, European Central Bank Glossary.
About Canadian Banks - from About.com.
● Financial Institutions - Clients of CANNEX Financial Exchanges Limited - List includes links to Canadian banks and other financial institutions websites.
● Bank of Canada
● Bank of Montreal (BMO), BMO Bank of Montreal Branch Locator, BMO ATM/ABM Locator (Automatic Banking Machines)
● Business Development Bank of Canada
● Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
● Find out: CIBC Ripoff - How CIBC rips you off with your LOC interest payments.
● CIBC ABM / Branch Locator
● Canadian Western Bank
● Citizens Bank of Canada
● HSBC - Canada [Origin of HSBC = Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation],
● Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Canada) from Wikipedia. "Formerly the Bank of East Asia (Canada), was founded in 1991; it was the Canadian unit of The Bank of East Asia Group or BEA in Hong Kong."
● Industrial and Commercial Bank of China from Wikipedia.
● ICBC - China. Locations of ICBC in China: Choose area to see map: BeiJing, ShangHai, TianJin, QingDao, QinHuangDao, ShenYang, HongKong.
● Intesa Bank Canada [Merger between two leading European banks: Banca Intesa and Banca Commerciale Italiana (BCI), completed in May 2001. On November 14, 2001, BCI Bank changed its name to IntesaBci Canada. On May 1, 2003, IntesaBci Canada changed its name to Intesa Bank Canada. On May 31, 2004, Intesa Bank Canada was sold to HSBC Bank Canada.
● National Bank of Canada
● National Bank of Canada Branches, Automated Banking Machines
● Royal Bank (RBC Financial Group)
● RBC Royal Bank Branch & ATM Locator
● Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)
● Scotiabank Branch ABM Locator
● State Bank of India (Canada)
● Tangerine. Formerly ING DIRECT.
● TD Canada Trust (Toronto-Dominion Bank)
● TD Canada Trust Branch / Green Machine Locator
● Canadian Credit Union Branches and ATMs
CIBC Ripoff - How CIBC rips you off with your LOC interest payments:
"If you have a personal Line of Credit (LOC) with CIBC, do you ever wonder why the monthly interest due does not show up in your account on the day that it is due? That's because CIBC will be charging you interest on the interest that you did not pay on the day your monthly interest was due.
Example: Today is Fri. Sept. 9, 2011, interest was due on Sept. 7, but I don't know the exact amount due as it does not show in my LOC account online, so I cannot pay. (If you pay an estimated amount early, prior to the due date, any amount you pay WILL NOT COUNT towards interest payment for the month. Also, if you go over your LOC limit by even a penny, you will be charged $20 of Over the Limit fee.)
On Mon. Sept. 12, 2011, the interest amount due will show up in the account 5 days late, but it will be pre-dated to Sept. 7 on the system, so it looks like CIBC had notified you of the amount due 5 days earlier on Sept. 7. Now if on Mon. Sept. 12, you pay the entire amount due, you are 5 days late already, so, next month, you will be owing more interest on the interest amount due that you did not pay on time. If I wait for CIBC to send me the monthly statement before paying, the statement will arrive 10-14 days after the due date.
Your CIBC LOC interest due dates may vary from month to month. It is rarely due on the date stated in your contract with CIBC, such as the 6th day of the month. It took a while to figure out exactly when my CIBC LOC interest is due. It is actually due on the first Thursday of every month IF in that month there are only 4 Thursdays. If there are 5 Thursdays in the month, then my interest is due on the 7th day of the month after the first Thursday of the 5 Thursdays. Example: CIBC LOC Interest Due Dates for 2011 are: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, Mar. 7, Apr. 7, May 5, June 7, July 7, Aug. 4, Sep. 7, Oct. 6, Nov. 3, and Dec. 7, 2011.
To avoid paying extra interest on interest, you need to pay an estimated amount immediately on the day after the interest due date, even though you cannot see the due day nor the amount due in your account online. By the way, I have complained to CIBC numerous times about being ripped off by CIBC. CIBC Customer Service escalated the complaint to the Ombudsman. His explanation: There is nothing CIBC can do because that's the way the system was set up more than 12 years ago. So, the rip-off continues."
Bank of Canada. Bank Notes, Bank Rate, Exchange Rate Converter, Inflation Calculator
● Canada's New Polymer Notes. Starting in November 2011, the Bank of Canada will be introducing new polymer bank notes into circulation.
The $100 bill will be introduced on November 14, 2011, followed by the $50 bill in March 2012. The remaining denominations will be issued on polymer by the end of 2013. The new notes will have a different look and feel, along with some new security features that will make them easier to verify and more difficult to counterfeit.
Polymer notes are also better for the environment. They last at least 2.5 times longer than paper-based notes and will be recycled, lowering replacement costs and environmental impact.
● Phasing out the Penny. Round Up or Down applies to Cash Payments only, not to Cheque or Credit Card/Debit Card Payments.
As of Feb. 4, 2013, Canadian Banks, e.g. TD Canada Trust, will no longer issue pennies, but will accept pennies for deposits/payments. Cash-back will round up to nearest nickel.
Example: Round Down: $1.01 or $1.02 = $1.00, $1.06 or $1.07 = $1.05
Round Up: $1.03 or $1.04 = $1.05, $1.08 or $1.09 = $1.10.
● Bank of Canada interest rates, from 1935 to present
● Canada Interest Rate from Trading Economics.
● Rates and Statistics
● Canada Savings Bonds Program
● Financial Markets
● Canadian Interest Rates (past 10 years)
● Contaminated and Mutilated Bank Notes
● A History of the Canadian Dollar - Books and Monographs by James Powell.
● Unclaimed Bank Accounts: Bank of Canada: Unclaimed Balances - Search for an Unclaimed Balance, FAQ, How to Claim.
● Unclaimed Balances Search Facility for lost or forgotten bank accounts due to inactivity.
Canada's Banks from Department of Finance Canada. Statistics include: "The six major Canadian banks have over 14,000 automated banking machines (ABMs) in Canada. In 1998, Canadians conducted over 1 billion ABM transactions and almost 1.5 billion debit card transactions."
Canadian Bankers Association. Banks in Canada. Site also includes: Information Booklets, Fast Facts, Statistics, Speeches, Canadian Banker Magazine, and Financial Calculators. See also:
● 10-Year Currency Convertor - Bank of Canada Exchange Rates, Rates & Statistics
● Cost of Borrowing Calculator
● Credit Card Cost Calculator - The true cost of paying the minimum from Bankrate.com.
● Daily Currency Convertor
● Financial Service Charges Calculator
● Inflation Calculator.
Credit Union Central of Canada. Credit Union Locator.
Banks and Banking. Title 12 of United States Code. Legal aspects of banks and banking plus rules, forms, appendices, and other additional material.
Banks in Canada. List of banks in Canada from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Banks in the United States from The Internationalist. American banks listed in alphabetical order.
Money Cafe - United States. Topics include: Bank Directory, ATM Locators, Online Payment Systems, Banking Library, Savings Calculators, Loan Calculators, Banking Glossaries, and Banking Links.
United States Banks Online.
50 State Quarters Program from United States Mint.
101 Slang Terms for Money by Len Penzo.
Bank of Canada - Exchange Rates - Currency converter: 56 currencies.
● Daily Noon Rates for past 5 business days, Daily Noon Rates for past 7 business days, Search Daily Rates for past 10 years.
● Currency Converter for Canadian or U.S. Dollars for past 10 years (search by countries, from Argentine pesos to Venezuelan bolivars), Search Monthly Averages for past 10 years, and Latest US$/CAN$ Closing Rates. Note: Effective 1 January 2007, the euro replaces the Slovenia Tolar.
● Read about the important role of The Exchange Rate in Canada's economy.
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). U.S. Department of the Treasury. Contents include: U.S. Currency - U.S. dollar bills from $1.00 to $100.00. See also U.S. Banknotes.
Canadian Currency. Learn about Canadian currency - foreign exchange rates, bank notes, coins and counterfeits, from About.com: Canada Online.
Coin and Conscience: Popular Views of Money, Credit and Speculation - 16th through 19th Centuries from Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School. Digital access to all 70 items described in the exhibition catalog.
Colonial Currency from University of Notre Dame, IN. See photos of original paper money, some printed, some handwritten. Currency examples are arranged alphabetically by Colonies/ States (1709 to 1790) followed by Continental Currency (1775-1779), Colonial Lottery Tickets (1744-1782), and Colonial Fiscal Documents (1777-1790).
Counterfeiting Prevention - FAQ from Bank of Canada. See also: Security Features from Bank of Canada. Hover and click to interact with the embedded security features found in Canada's Polymer series.
● Security Features in Euro Banknotes. How can you tell if they are genuine?
● Security Features: Euro Banknotes & Coins. "Modern printing technologies are used in the euro banknotes production. Various security features have been incorporated into the euro banknotes. They will help you to recognize a genuine banknote at a glance without special equipment, thus deterring from counterfeiting."
● Security Features in World Banknotes by Peter Symes, Australia. (This article was completed in August 1993 and has not been updated since then.)
Currency Museum of the Bank of Canada. The National Currency Collection contains some 100,000 items consisting of coins, tokens and paper money.
Current Value of Old Money. How Much is that Worth Today Internationally, in Great Britain, in Europe, and in the United States. Historical Exchange Rates, Prices in Ancient Rome, Estimating World GDP from One Million B.C. to Present, US Inflation and Cost of Living Calculator, Past, Present & Future of Money, History and Chronology of Money, Numismatics, E-Money, and much more.
Department of the Treasury: The Learning Vault. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about Production and Circulation of United States Currency Notes, plus Portraits and Designs on Currency Notes, Denominations, Buying, Selling and Redeeming Currency Notes, and Legal Tender Status of Currency Notes.
Gold - Frequently Asked Questions from World Gold Council. Investing in Gold questions include: How can I buy or sell gold? Where can I find the daily gold price? How much is a gram of gold worth? How much gold is still underground? Where is gold mined?
Gold Holding by Country in Ounces, World Precious Metals Production, and Precious Metal Reserves in Ounces from US Debt Clock.org. Tables show current, up-to-the-second running statistics covering United States, Germany, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Italy, France, China, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, Netherlands, India, and Euro. Precious Metals: Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, Lithium, Nickel, Titanium, Zinc, Manganese, and Copper.
History of Money from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The History of Money from About.com.
How Much Is That Measuring Worth. Measures of Worth by two University Professors of Economics: Lawrence H. Officer and Samuel H. Williamson. Comparative value between the past and today. Contents include:
● How much is that worth today? Comparing the purchasing power of money in the United States (or colonies) from 1665 to 2007.
● Purchasing Power of British Pounds from 1264 to 2007.
● Annual Inflation Rates in the United States, 1775 - 2007, and United Kingdom, 1265 - 2007.
● The Price of Gold, 1257-2007.
● Exchange rate between the United States dollar and 40 other countries, from Measuring Worth.
● What was the interest rate then? Interest rate series for the United Kingdom and the United States, e.g. UK: Long-Term Interest Rate 1729-2007.
How to Detect Counterfeit Money: 8 Ways to Tell If a Bill Is Counterfeit by Jason Rueger, FitSmallBusiness.com.
Inflation Conversion Factors for Dollars 1665 to Estimated 2017 by Robert Sahr, Political Science Department, Oregon State University. Find out Movie Ticket Prices from various years, Pay of Presidents and Members of Congress, Price of Gasoline 1949 to 1999, Price of Gold 1835 to 1999, Millionaires Then and Now, etc. in Current Dollars.
Know Your Money. A United States Currency Education Program. Guide includes technical information on the security and design features of the current-design $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 notes.
Know Your Money 1939 US Secret Service; Detecting Counterfeit Bills; Lowell Thomas. Published May 6, 2015 by Jeff Quitney. "Department of the Treasury. U.S. Secret Service... On methods of detecting counterfeit coins and bills. Examines common errors in spurious bills and describes kinds of bills (U.S. Notes, Silver Certificates, Federal Reserve Notes). Dramatizes the apprehension of counterfeiters through the alertness of a grocer who receives a bogus bill. Shows the Treasury Building in Washington, DC and geometric lathes and presses used in printing money." Narrated by Lowell Thomas.
Money Matters. Brief summary about money in Canada, Canadian Bank Notes, Canadian Coins, Tipping, and Examples of prices for services and goods (in Vancouver area).
The New Color of Money. Safer. Smarter. More Secure.
OANDA: The Currency Site. OANDA = Olsen & Associates, O and A, for short. Site provides currency conversion information and services to travelers, investors and businesses worldwide. Currency Converter is a free, current, real time, online service covering 164 currencies. A Travelers Currency Cheat Sheet provides a quick conversion from one currency to another. Choice of conversion by amount, your specified date, and selected countries. You can get the OANDA currency Cheat Sheet with the exchange rate on any day from January 1, 1990 through today. Available in English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, Portugues, Espanol, and Svenska.
Paper Money WWW Directory. Worldwide coverage of paper money directories. Numerous links: Collectors (world paper money collections), Dealers (buy and sell banknotes, coins, etc.), Interactive (paper money chat groups), Internet Services (auctions, marketplace for dealers and collectors), Organizations (range from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to Canadian Tire and its coupon money), Other (includes auction firms), Reference (include prevention of counterfeits), Software (to keep track of collections by cataloging paper notes and coins), and Stocks & Bonds (online catalogs of collectible stocks and bonds).
Penn World Table: International Comparisons of Production, Income and Prices. Select countries from A-Z for comparison. Comparative data include: Population, Exchange Rate, Purchasing Power Parity over GDP, Real Gross Domestic Product per Capita, Ratio of GNP to GDP, and more. PWT 8.1 is an updated version of PWT 8.0, covering the same countries and period. Released on: April 13, 2015.
Timeline of Money . From Timelines of History.
Tom Chao's Paper Money Gallery. The World of Paper Money. World Bank Notes. Samples of paper money from many countries.
The United States Mint - Fact Sheets: History of Regular Issue United States Coin Denominations, Composition of the Cent, Presidents on U.S. Coins, Lincoln's Best Side, In God We Trust, Why is the Flip Side 'Flipped'? Men & Women on Coins, Why Do Some Coins Have Grooves on the Edges? United States Bullion Depository Fort Knox, Kentucky, and more. Take a Virtual Mint Tour to see how coins are made.
Universal Currency Converter from XE, a currency and foreign exchange (fx, or forex) site.
Where's George? Where is My Money tracking site in U.S.A.
● Where's George? from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
● Where's Willy? in Canada.
● EuroBillTracker (EBT) is an international non-profit volunteer team dedicated to tracking Euro notes around the world.
● Wo ist Mein Geld? Where is My Money tracking site in Germany.
● SEK Tracker. Find out where a Swedish bill has been before you got it, or where it ends up next.
● Currency bill tracking from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
● These money tracking sites will track your money if you enter the serial numbers. See how far a bill has traveled, just for fun.
XE.com - The Universal Currency Converter. Allows you to perform interactive foreign exchange rate conversion on the Internet instantly.
"Remember one of the key rules of investing: never invest any money you cannot afford to lose." Advice from Thicken My Wallet - Jan. 18, 2010 Blog.
The Little Book of
Common Sense Investing:
The Only Way to Guarantee
Your Fair Share
of Stock Market Returns
by John C. Bogle
The Intelligent Investor:
The Definitive Book
on Value Investing.
A Book of Practical Counsel
(Collins Business Essentials)
A Beginner's Guide
How to Grow
and Easy Way
The Wealthy Barber Returns:
and Marginally Wiser,
David Chilton Offers
His Unique Perspectives
on the World of Money
10 Best Stocks to Hold Forever (Part One)
10 Best Stocks to Hold Forever (Part Two) by StockGumshoe. See also: The Best Stocks to Hold for a Lifetime by Jim Royal, March 3, 2011.
20 Investments: Introduction from Forbes Investopedia. "...as most successful investors will tell you, diversification is king. A diversified portfolio not only reduces unwanted risk, but also contributes to a winning portfolio..."
2016 and 2017 Stock Market Holidays - Stock Markets Closed. Canadian Holidays and U.S. Holidays..
2016 and 2017 Schedule Calendar, Stock Market Holidays. New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Holidays in United States.
ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network. Free stock quotes, stock charts, market news and streaming real-time share prices. FOREX and OFEX quotes are live. NYSE and AMEX quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes. All other quotes are delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.
Alternative Minimum Tax 101 - Guide to the AMT from Tax Guide for Investors. Includes: Top 10 Things that Cause AMT Liability, AMT and Long-Term Capital Gain, Claiming AMT Credit - You may be able to claim AMT credit from exercising an incentive stock option even if you haven't sold the shares.
AmericanBulls Stock Scan for North American Stock Markets with Candlestick Analysis. Site gives you an idea when to WAIT before buying a stock, when to HOLD, BUY CONFIRMED, BUY - IF, SELL - IF, or SELL CONFIRMED based on technical analysis using candlesticks. Read Daily Commentary for explanation. To find the correct ticker symbol quickly, go to right side of screen at your choice of Index, select from A-Z list.
● U.S. and Canadian Stock Market Indices
● Dow Jones Industrial
● New York Composite Index (NYSE)
● AMEX Composite Index
● NASDAQ Composite Index
● NASDAQ OTC 100 Index
● S & P 500 Index
● Russell 2000 Index
● TSE 300 Composite Index (TSX)
● S&P TSE 60 Index
● S&P CDNX Composite Index - Canadian Venture Exchange.
All Penny Stocks.com - Micro Cap and Small Cap Stocks. A website devoted to Canadian and American Stocks and Penny Stocks. Site also offers weekly write-ups of financial news, weekly penny stocks to watch, daily top 50 penny stocks info, technical analysis, and more.
Ameritrade - TD Ameritrade.
Annual Reports Service. The Wall Street Journal Online Annual Reports. A free service for investors seeking stock research & financial information. Search by alpha A-Z, by Industry, or by Company name.
Ask Research. A free service for investors. Free stock charts. Includes: Daily Chart, Intraday Trading Chart, Watch List, Symbol Lookup, Before The Bell, Glossary.
Average Stock Price Calculator from EMT Investing. Excellent software! Select the TRANSACTION COSTS tab. Enter the commission costs and fees you pay. Select the CALCULATOR tab. SELECT SECURITY to select the stock. Click ADD NEW PURCHASE button to add more purchases. You can add numerous purchases of the same stock/equity over a long period of time to find the average cost per share, with or without Commission Charges. Read Terms and Conditions of Use. "Use this tool to determine the average price for of a series of purchases. This is useful to evaluate an average-up or average-down strategy. The tool supports fractional shares so it can also be used to examine the results of a series of purchases made from dividend reinvestment or using a dollar cost averaging strategy."
Barchart.com. Includes Learning Center, Information on U.S. Markets, Futures, Funds, Signals, Symbol Search, Chart, Quote, Technicals, Sectors, Opinion, Snapshot, Advanced, Performance, Projections, and more.
Beware of Foreign Currency Trading Frauds - FOREX Advisory from United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which warns consumers of various kinds of frauds in today's financial markets.
BigCharts: A Service of MarketWatch. At BigReports toggle between US and CA for United States or Canadian stock quotes. Quick Quotes, News, Industries, Markets, Historical Quotes, and more.
Bloomberg.com. Top financial and world news, stock market update and quotes (NYSE/AMEX delayed 20 min., NASDAQ delayed 15 min.), rates and bonds, currencies, commodities, technology, US economy, free weekday e-mail report on top stories.
BMO InvestorLine. Online brokerage from Bank of Montreal.
● #1 online brokerage - Morningstar Awards 2014©, 2013, 2014, 2015.
● #1 online brokerage - Surviscor, 2013, 2014.
● #1 mobile brokerage service - Surviscor, 2015.
● #1 bank-owned online brokerage - The Globe and Mail, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
● Top Discount Brokerage - Best Overall - MoneySense, 2014, 2015.
BMO Investorline: Making Money Make Sense Video 7:30 min. Tina Di Vito [DeVito], CA, CFP, TEP, CPCA, Head of BMO Retirement Institute, explains how income tax can impact your earnings from these 3 types of investments: Interest Income, Dividends, and Capital Gains.
Brokers Survey: The Globe and Mail's 17th annual online broker ranking by Rob Carrick, Globe and Mail, Published Dec. 4, 2015.
● Canadian Online Brokerage Analysis and MoneySense Magazine Review from Surviscor.
● Canadian Online Discount Stock Brokerage Comparison 2016 by FrugalTrader, July 1, 2015.
ca.dividendinvestor.com. Canadian Dividend Quote Intra-Day Updates. All figures in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Canada.com. Business Headlines, Key Numbers, Stock Centre, Mutual Funds, Commodities & Futures, Personal Finance Tools, Basic Savings Calculator, RRSP Calculator, RESP Calculator, Investment Calculator, RRSP vs. Non-RRSP, Financial Post, FP Market Data, Currency Converter, Loans & Savings, Great Canadian Icons, Gallery: Money 101, Business News Briefs.
Canadian Market & Economy. Categories: Economic Analysis & Commentary, Market Data: Market Digest, Stock Quotes (Canoe), Stock Quotes (Excite), Stock Graphing, Major Canadian Indices, Canada Most Actives, The Major Indexes - Complete TSE Listings, Bonds, Mutual Funds, as well as Investor Tools, Stock Exchanges, Government & Regulators, Broker & Online Trading, and Business Magazines.
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) - Investor Information. Includes: Investing and the Internet: Be Alert to Signs of Fraud, The Basics of Investing, Ten Tips to Help Safeguard Your Money, Investor Education for Kids, and more.
Canoe Money. Canadian focus. News, Markets, Mutual Funds, Learn about Small Business, Banking in Canada: Credit, Income, Mortgages, Car Loan Rates, Credit Card Rates, Personal Loans, GIC Rates, Interest Rates, Mortgage Rates, Loan, Lease, and Mortgage Calculators, RRSP and Tax News, Currency Rates, RRIF, and more.
CBS MarketWatch. Provides fast breaking news, with award-winning data, tools, research and charts.
Charles Schwab. Schwab Active Trading: Price - Overview.
CIBC Investor's Edge. Canadian and U.S. Equity and Option Trades.
Convert Your Paper Savings Bonds Using SmartExchange from TreasuryDirect, the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form. SmartExchange allows TreasuryDirect account owners to convert their Series E, EE and I Bonds to electronic securities in a special Conversion Linked Account within their online account.
Day Trading. Info and advice from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Day Trading: Your Dollars at Risk, Internet and Online Trading: Warnings and Tips - Find out how to invest wisely, avoid fraud and investment scams on the Internet. See also Other Investor Education Sites.
DealBook - New York Times. Current business news and analysis on Mergers, Acquisitions, Investment Banking, IPOs (Initial Public Offerings), Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital, Current law suits and court cases.
DividendInvestor.com. Dividends and Dividend Paying Stocks in the United States. Company Information, Stock Information, plus Dividend Information which includes (where available): Dividend Yield, Dividend Yield 5yr Avg, Dividend Rate, Dividend Payout Ratio (See Reuters for more up-to-date info: Reuters - Dividend Yield, Dividend Payout Ratio - Go to "Markets - Financials"), Dividend Payout Ratio 5yr Avg, Dividend Growth Rate 3yr and 5 yr Avg, Dividend Payment Type: e.g. Cash, Dividend Declaration Date, Dividend Ex Date (Ex Dividend Date), Dividend Record Date, Dividend Pay Date.
ca.DividendInvestor.com - Canadian Dividend Stocks. Dividends and Dividend Paying Stocks in Canada. Dividend Declarations. Dividend Stock News & Updates. Check Dividend Scorecard?. Dividend All-Star Ranking: Find stocks with consecutively increasing dividends: 3 stars = 3 years of dividend increases, 4 stars = 4 years of dividend increases, 5 stars = 5 years of dividend increases.
DRIP - Dividend Reinvestment Plan from RBC DirectInvesting. DRIP allows you to automatically reinvest the cash dividends you earn by having RBC Direct Investing purchase shares on your behalf in the same companies on the dividend payment date. No fees or commissions apply. Note: The list of of over 1000 DRIP eligible securities is subject to change at any time without prior notice. The Information is as of: June 18, 2014. List: From 3M Company (MMM) to ZWEIG TOTAL RETURN FUND (ZTR).
DRIP vs SDP - Difference between Dividend Reinvestment Plan and Stock Dividend Program from ARC Resources.
● What Is A Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP/DRP)? From Dividend Growth Investing & Retirement (DGI & R).
● Stock dividend programs - Is it time to turn off the DRIP? Posted on May 7, 2012, by Keith Chatwin and Doug Richardson.
● Dividend reinvestment plan from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
● Stock Dividend Program - FAQ from Twin Butte Energy Ltd. 2013. What is the Stock Dividend Program? What are the main features of the SDP? What are the advantages of the SDP? What are the primary differences between the SDP and the DRIP?
How to calculate Dividend Yield:
Dividend yield is a financial ratio that shows how much a company pays out in dividends each year relative to its share price. In the absence of any capital gains, the dividend yield is the return on investment for a stock.
Dividend Yield = [ Annual Dividends per share / Price per share ] * 100
Example: BTB.UN paid a monthly dividend of $0.0333 per share. Annual dividend per share = 0.3996
Market price (today May 20, 2014) is: $4.69
Dividend yield = [ 0.3996/4.69]* 100 = 8.5202.
On May 15, 2014, the stock closed at $4.64. In view of this, the yield was at $8.612 which is arrived at as below:
[0.03996/4.65] * 100 = 8.6120.
Dividend Ninja: How to Calculate Dividend Payout Ratio. Invest In Dividend Stocks Like a Ninja. Why the Dividend Payout Ratio Is Important. The key figures needed are EPS (earnings per share) and the dollar amount of the Annual Dividend. Formula: Dividend Payout Ratio = (Annual Dividend / EPS) * 100.
Dividend Payout Ratio from Dividend Ninja. How to Calculate the Dividend Payout Ratio: Dividend Payout Ratio = (Annual Dividend / EPS) * 100. "For example, Rogers Communications (RCI.B) has an annual dividend of 1.42 / EPS of 2.64. Therefore the DPR = 53.7% which is excellent."
Dow Jones Industrial Average "also referred to as the Industrial Average, the Dow Jones, the Dow 30, or simply as the Dow; is one of several stock market indices, created by Wall Street Journal editor and Dow Jones & Company co-founder Charles Dow . . ." from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Efficient Market Canada. Canadian ETF, Mutual Fund, and RRSP Advice, News and Information.
E*TRADE United States.
Financial Glossary of Wall $treet Week with FORTUNE. The glossary, compiled by Professor Campbell R. Harvey of Duke University, defines more than 7,200 terms.
Financial Markets: Derivatives FAQs from United States Department of the Treasury. What is a derivative? Where can I find information on derivatives and derivative exchanges?
Flow Through Shares Explained from Young and Thrifty.
Free Technical Analysis Education from Stock Trader. Articles include: The Basics:
● 4 Most Commonly Used Stock Chart Types
● A Breakdown of Stock Chart Basics
● 5 Stock Chart Patterns Every Investors Should Know
● Trading Psychology, The 14 Stages of Investor Emotions
● 5 Main Assumptions Behind Using Technical Analysis
● 4 Candlestick Patterns Every Trader Should Know
fundlibrary.com. Canada's Mutual Fund Resource Centre. Over 10,000 pages of general and fund-specific information on all aspects of mutual fund investing may be found in this excellent fund library. Keep track of your portfolio, analyze fund performance, calculate average costs of each fund, view charts, gain and loss reports, as well as details for individual funds, and have portfolio reports sent to you by email daily, weekly, or monthly. Free service.
Global Penny Stocks. The only penny stock site recommended in Barron's and by Forbes, picks stocks trading at under $5 that are on the NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX.
globeinvestor.com, or GlobeinvestorGOLD.com. Complete coverage of North American markets. Globe Portfolio keeps track of your personalized investments in U.S. and Canadian funds with automatic conversion of U.S. to Canadian currency and vice versa.
Guide to analyst recommendations. Guide to stock-research ratings systems used by the brokerage firms covered by MarketWatch. Ratings terms vary from firm to firm, the guide is designed to help investors understand the meaning behind each rating (where available) and to allow them to make comparisons between each firm's recommendation. Stock market investment rating examples: Strong Buy, Buy, Hold, Sell. Or: Top Pick, Buy, Outperform, Market Perform, Underperform, and their meanings.
Hoover's Companies Search from Hoover's Directories. For each company, site provides information on Key Numbers, Key People, Industry Information, Top Competitors, Rankings, plus its Subsidiaries / Affiliates Covered by Hoover's Online.
FINRA Investor Knowledge Quiz Test your investing knowledge from Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) - largest non-governmental regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States. FINRA oversees nearly 5,000 brokerage firms, about 173,000 branch offices and more than 677,000 registered securities representatives.
● Test Your Investment Knowledge from Vanguard.
● Test Your Investment Knowledge from the Oxford Club, Investment U.
● Investing Quiz from the Oxford Club, Investment U.
● Test Your Investment Fraud IQ from AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).
● Are You Vulnerable to Investment Fraud? Take This Test from Financial Mentor.
Fraud Quiz from Ottawa Better Business Bureau. Fraud: Can you recognize it? Report it? Stop it? Take the Fraud Quiz and see what you know about frauds and scams in Canada.
Income Trust from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Income Trusts - Broken Promise - Stephen Harper 0:45 min.
Income Trusts or Income Funds. What are Income Trusts? Four categories: Business Trusts, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Resource Trusts, and Utility Trusts. Full Listing of Canadian Income Trusts including Name of Trust, Symbol, Yield, Distribution Frequency. Site also includes: Full listing of all Canadian Income Deposit Securities, and Full listing of all Canadian closed-end investment trusts.
IndependentInvestor.info. Provides both theoretical and practical information on investing for free.
An Introduction to Japanese Candlestick Charting by Erik L. Gebhard. Article covers: Technical Analysis - Brief Background, Candlestick Charts Explained, Bar Compared to Candlestick Charts, Common Candlestick Terminology, Candlestick Reversal Patterns, Morning Star, Evening Star, Doji Star, Shooting Star (Inverted Hammer), and more. How to Read a Japanese Candlestick. Introduction to Candlesticks. Introduction to Japanese Candlestick Charting. See also: A Concise Introduction to Currency Trading and Technical Analysis for Forex Traders. Introduction to Technical Analysis:
● Lesson 1: Moving Averages.
● Lesson 2: Bollinger Bands.
● Lesson 3: Relative Strength Index.
● Lesson 4: Stochastic Oscillator.
● Lesson 5: Fibonacci Retracements.
Investcom.com. Investment information of all Canadian public companies:
Toronto Stock Market
● NEX Board
● Canadian IPOs
● US Stock Market, AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE, OTCBB, Canadian Venture Exchange, Vancouver Stock Exchange, Alberta Stock Exchange, Winnipeg Stock Exchange, Canadian Dealing Network.
● Brokerage Guide
● Canadian Mutual Fund Directory
● Income Trusts
● Income Trust Distribution Reports
● Industry Links
● Metals & Mining
● Free Annual Reports
● Market Activity - Update every 15 minutes. Prices delayed at least 15 minutes.
Investing 101: Learn the Basics of Investing from Yahoo! Finance. Beginning Investing, Bonds, Choosing a Broker, DRIP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan) & DSPP (Direct Stock Purchase Plan), Investment Clubs, Mutual Funds, Options, and Stocks.
Investopedia. Free educational site for novice as well as seasoned investors. Motto: "Never invest in anything you do not fully understand." Site includes Stock Basics - Education for Beginners, Industry Analysis Handbook.
● Basic and Advanced Tutorials, 20 Investments You Should Know, Economic Indicators to Know, World's Greatest Investors, Your 8 Step Guide to Picking Stocks, Investment Strategies for the 21st Century, and more.
Investor Clinic: Quiz: 15 questions to test your investing savvy by John Heinzl, The Globe and Mail, Published Thursday, Dec. 27 2012, 11:53 PM EST.
Investor Protection Trust: Dedicated to non-commercial investor education. The primary mission of the Investor Protection Trust (IPT) is to provide independent, objective information needed by consumers to make informed investment decisions.
InvestorWords.com. A comprehensive financial glossary with over 6000 definitions and 20,000 links between related terms.
IPO Monitor. Comprehensive Coverage of IPOs and Secondary Equity Offerings.
Kitco.com. Gold, Precious Metals, Buy, Sell, Gold, Silver, Platinum. All Metal Quotes, Charts and Data.
MER - Management Expense Ratio from Investopedia. It is important for investors to be aware of the MER as it affects the rate of return that an investor in the fund achieves.
MFDA - Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is a not-for-profit federal corporation incorporated in June of 1998. The MFDA is the mutual fund industry?s self-regulatory organization (SRO) for the distribution side of the industry, responsible for regulating all sales of mutual funds by its Members in Canada. How to Make a Complaint.
MoneyChimp. Topics: How Much Are Stocks Worth?
● Index Funds and Indexes, Explained: Index Basics.
● Index Styles: Large Caps, Small Caps.
● A Tiny Useful List of Index Funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETF). Includes a pop-up Calculator and a Glossary.
Morningstar.com. Useful site with lots of investment information and tools to help you understand and analyze stocks, mutual funds, and portfolios. For Morningstar's Canadian site see Morningstar.ca where you will find US Analyst Reports on Stocks, rankings for mutual funds, e.g. Five Star Funds, Fund Quickrank, and Fund Selector. Morningstar stes are also available internationally in Australia, Europe, Finland, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, and Sweden.
The Motley Fool or Fool.com. Advice center aims to educate investors. News headlines and articles updated several times a day. Message boards.
MSNBC - Stocks & Economy Front Page. Latest Business and Markets News, Market Indices, Quote Lookup, and more.
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA). Special Section for Seniors, with many useful links with information relating to finance and seniors. If you have a complaint about your mutual fund advisor you can file a complaint to the MFDA by calling 416-361-6332 or toll free at 1-888-466-6332. You can also submit your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Real time quotes, market information, regulations, news. NYSE Euronext (combination of NYSE Group, Inc. and Euronext N.V.) was launched on April 4, 2007.
Ontario Budget. Includes Resources for:
● Small Business, Corporations, Economists, Municipalities, Visitors to Ontario.
● Accountants / Lawyers, Motorists, Seniors, SupplyChain Management, and
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC): Regulator of Canada's largest capital market. Mandate is to: Protect investors from unfair, improper and fraudulent practices; Foster fair and efficient capital markets; and Maintain public and investor confidence in the integrity of those markets. Investors: Tools and Resources. OSC News on Twitter.
Paycheck Calculators. Employee Self-Service Tools to Better Manage Your Paycheck from PaycheckCity.com (for employees in United States). Include: Hourly Paycheck Calculator, Form W-4 Assistant, Gross Up Calculator, 401(k) Calculator, Bonus Pay - Percent, Bonus Pay - Aggregate, Stock Option Calculator, Defined Contribution Calculator, Savings Planner, Termination Calculator, and more.
Penny Stocks: You Get What You Pay For. Excellent advice from Joe Chapin.
Report on Business from the Globe and Mail.com - Canada's News, Commentary, Business, Investing, Sports, Life, Arts, Technology, Drive.
Retail Investor Education. Resources on Investing Basics, Stock Picking, Cash Flow Debate, Retirement Issues, Miscellaneous Topics: Leverage, Stock Options, Preferred Shares, Real Estate, Hedge Foreign Currency, Shareholder Activism.
Reuters. Founded in London in 1851. Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency - 2,300 staff serving 130 countries, Real-time data provided on 5.5 million financial records, Information on 40,000 companies, Financial information from 258 exchanges and OTC markets, and lots more. Under News and Markets - Markets - Stocks: Search Stocks - Click on your selected Stock Symbol, go to Financials, under Dividends view Payout Ratio of your selected stock, if available.
ROE - Return on Equity from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Equity (ROE) from eHow.
● Return on Equity (ROE) from Financial Times Lexicon.
● ROI - Return on Investment from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) from eHow.
● How to Calculate Annual Percentage Return on Investment from eHow, UK.
The Rule of 72 (with calculator) from MoneyChimp. The rule of 72 says that to find the number of years required to double your money at a given interest rate, you just divide the interest rate into 72. Find out Why the Rule of 72 Works.
Scotia iTrade. Online trading and investing.
SEDAR - System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval. Online database of documents filed with securities regulators providing information on all publicly traded companies in Canada, including annual reports, financial statements, news releases, and company prospectuses. New Public Company Filings, Search database for Public Company Documents, Search for Mutual Fund Documents, Search Public Companies Profiles A-Z and Mutual Funds A-Z. Includes links to Regulatory Sites and Stock Exchanges.
Stock Market Holidays. Check out Stock Exchange Holiday Schedules for NASDAQ Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange.
Stock Quotes from Yahoo! Finance. Includes free portfolio tracker.
Stockscores.com. Stock Market Scanning and Technical Analysis of Stocks. Free to use. Symbol Search. Search for your stock to see its technical analysis.
Stock Technical Analysis. Including QQQQ Analysis - Nasdaq 100 Trust.
StockChase. Site compiles comments that experts have made about stocks while on public TV shows, such as BNN. Find out daily top picks from the experts. Click on Opinions to see current opinions from experts. Find experts from A-Z by last names and see their choice of top picks, holds, buys and don't buys.
Super Stock Picker. Agnosoft claims "to have developed an innovative stock market research software, the Super Stock Picker, which picks the best Canadian stocks from the Toronto Stock Exchange in order to build high-performance Canadian stock portfolios that meet all investor profiles."
TD AMERITRADE. Stock trading and investing. TD AMERITRADE UK for residents of United Kingdom.
TD Managed Assets Program (TD MAP) from TD Canada Trust - an innovative investment and portfolio management program that helps you invest in the targeted asset mix to reach your financial goals.
TeachMeFinance.com. Site teaches you basic finance concepts, e.g. Time Value of Money, Annuities, Perpetuities, Interest Rates, Effective Annual Rate (EAR), Cash flow, Probability Distribution - Expected Rate of Return (ERR), Standard Deviation, Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), Bond Valuation, Stock Valuation, Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR), etc. See also: Types of Annuities from Annuity.org.
TheStreet.com. Market analysis, financial news. Covers latest stories, market briefing, market news, stock news, tech stocks, personal finance, commentary, international news and commentary, latest stock quotes and research tools, learn about investing basics, message boards, chats and appearances, and more.
ThinkNum. Data Analysis. Web-based Financial Data Analysis Engine. ThinkNum is an interactive web application that allows users to analyze real world data using mathematical functions from open source libraries like scipy and numpy. This app is completely free. You can watch a 5 minute demo at www.thinknum.com/demo.
Top Dividend Yields. Best dividends 2011 (DAX, Dow, FTSE, NASDAQ, NYSE, TSX) for dividend investing.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The primary mission of the SEC is to protect investors and maintain the integrity of the securities markets. The SEC requires public companies to disclose meaningful financial and other information to the public, which provides a common pool of knowledge for all investors to use to judge for themselves if a company's securities are a good investment.
Wall Street in Crisis from Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com.
Yahoo! Finance. Stock quotes and market analysis. U.S. Markets, Canadian Markets (include REAL TIME quotes for Dow Jones Industrial, Nasdaq, S&P 500, TSE 300, etc. throughout the trading day), World Markets, Research and Research earnings, Loans, Investment challenge, and more. Customize your own portfolio and quotes to include stocks and funds of your choice.
ASX - Australian Stock Exchange. Australian Securities Exchange, Stock Market Information, Stock Quotes.
Deutsche B?se Group - Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Dow Jones Indexes.
Hang Seng Indexes.
Hong Kong Exchange and Clearing Limited.
London Stock Exchange.
Montreal Stock Exchange.
The Nasdaq. "NASDAQ originally was the acronym for the National Association of Securities Dealer Automated Quotation system. Today, NASDAQ is the largest electronic equities exchange in the U.S.
In 2008, it merged with OMX AB, a Stockholm-based operator of exchanges located in the Nordic and Baltic regions. The new company, NASDAQ OMX Group, lists stocks of over 3,800 companies." ~ Info from About.com U.S. Economy.
"OMX AB (Aktiebolaget Optionsm?larna/Helsinki Stock Exchange) is a Swedish-Finnish financial services company, formed in 2003 through a merger between OM AB and HEX plc and is now a part of the NASDAQ OMX Group since February 2008." ~ Info from OMX Wikipedia.
NASDAQ OMX owns and operates 24 markets, 3 Clearing houses, and 5 Central securities depositories.
● US MARKETSs:
● The NASDAQ Stock Market
● NASDAQ Options Market
● NASDAQ OMX BX
● NASDAQ OMX Futures Exchange
● NASDAQ OMX PHLX
● NASDAQ OMX PSX
● EUROPEAN MARKETS:
● First North 7 Markets: Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland, Riga, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius
● NASDAQ OMX Armenia
● NASDAQ OMX Commodities/Nord Pool
● NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen
● NASDAQ OMX Helsinki
● NASDAQ OMX Iceland
● NASDAQ OMX Nordic Derivatives Markets
● NASDAQ OMX Riga
● NASDAQ OMX Stockholm
● NASDAQ OMX Tallinn
● NASDAQ OMX Vilnius
● 3 CLEARING HOUSES:
● IDCG central counterparty (CCP) clearing of OTC Interest Rate Derivatives
● NASDAQ OMX Commodities Clearing Corp
● NASDAQ OXM Stockholm
● 5 CENTRAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORIES:
● Armenia, Estonia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania
The New York Stock Exchange / NYSE Euronext.
Nikkei Index. Nikkei 225 from Bloomberg.
Price Waterhouse / Coopers - PwC Canada. Provides industry-focused assurance, advisory and tax services to public, private and government clients in all markets.
RTS Stock Exchange - "Russian Trading System" Stock Exchange.
Shanghai Stock Exchange Comosite Index.
Six Swiss Exchange.
Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Toronto Stock Exchange - TMX. Quotes and Charts.
World Stock Exchanges. List of Stock Exchanges around the World. World-Stock-Exchanges.net features a list of world stock exchanges, securities commissions and other regulatory agencies, as well as stock market resources. Top 5 Stock Exchanges.
The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness by Stacy Johnson, Shutterstock.com, July 26, 2016. Include: Don't create debt; Be frugal - but not miserly; Regard possessions not in terms of money, but time; Don't put off till tomorrow what you can save today; Envy is your enemy.
ACA International (ACA) formerly the American Collectors Association, was created in 1939 to bring together third party collection professionals to advance the credit and collection industry.
Calculators from FinAid. Information on Loans, Student Loan Advisor for Students. Loan Payment Calculator, Loan Analyzer, Loan Comparison, Cost of Interest Capitalization, and more.
CanEquity Mortgage? is a national Canadian mortgage brokering company offering home loans to clients in all provinces and territories. Site includes a handy Canadian Mortgage Rate Calculator.
Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (ARMs) from United States Federal Reserve Board (FRB) and Office of Thrift Supervision. With an ARM, the interest rate changes periodically, usually in relation to an index, and payments may go up or down accordingly. In Canada, ARM is also referred to as Variable Rate Mortgage.
Credit Card Debt Advice from MoneyAdviceOnline.co.uk. Advice about how to get out of credit card debt and ways to reduce credit card debt.
Credit Reporting Agencies:
Equifax - United States
Equifax - Canada
Here is a phone number from Equifax Canada that you can call to get a free Credit Rating Report mailed to you in 3-5 days: 1-800-465-7166. You will need your Social Insurance Number (SIN), Date of Birth, house number, postal code, and one credit card number (will not be charged). Follow instructions precisely as given.
Equifax - United Kingdom
TransUnion - Canada
TransUnion - United States
Experian: Credit Report, Online Credit Check - Global Gateway Worldwide links.
See also How to Survive the Internet Unscathed - Identity Theft.
Credit Score: Free Credit Score Estimator: Get Your Estimated FICO Score Range from Bankrate.com.
Credit Scoring. Facts for Consumers from Federal Trade Commission (FTC), United States of America. Credit scoring is a system creditors use to help determine whether to give you credit. A credit scoring system awards points for each factor that helps predict who is most likely to repay a debt. Credit scoring systems enable creditors to evaluate millions of applicants consistently and impartially on many different characteristics. Site includes tips from FTC to help you be a more savvy consumer. See also:
● Credit Scoring 101. From TransUnion.
● Credit Scores: Information you need to manage your score - from TransUnion Canada.
● 5 steps to a higher score. Learn how to manage your credit score and improve your creditworthiness, from TransUnion Canada.
● Your Credit Score: How It All Adds Up from Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, includes
● Tips for Improving Your Score.
● Credit Report and Credit Score from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC).
● My FICO. FICO Credit Scores, Online Credit Reports and Identity Theft Protection. See how FICO scores affect your monthly payments. Note: Credit score FICO is an acronym for Fair Isaac Credit Organization.
● Facts & Fallacies about Credit Scores.
Debt Collection Practices: When Hardball Tactics Go Too Far. A debt collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer, family or neighbors. You may even be hounded to pay a debt that is not rightfully yours. This guide explains the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other laws that apply to debt collectors, including Tips for Dealing with a Debt Collector.
Debt-to-Income Ratio from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). What is a debt-to-income ratio? Why is the 43% debt-to-income ratio important?
● Credit Card Interactive Tools. Credit Card Selector tool. Credit Card Payment Calculator.
● Debt-to-Income Ratio Calculator (Bankrate)
● Debt to Income Ratio Calculator (MoneyProblems.ca) - 1. Calculate your income. 2. Calculate Your Debt Payments. A ratio of 36% or less is considered healthy, above 50% and you should consider talking to a debt expert.
● Exchange Rate Converter (Bank of Canada)
● Education Cost Calculator (CanLearn)
● The Inflation Calculator (Bank of Canada)
● Mortgage Calculator (Financial Consumer Agency of Canada)
● Mutual Fund Fee Impact Calculator (Investor Education Fund)
Five steps to reduce debt from The Guardian. Step 1: Add up all your borrowings. Step 2: Transfer to a zero interest deal. Step 3: Consolidate. Step 4: Check your other finances are up to scratch. Step 5: If you are desperate ... Seek advice from a free debt counselling service.
● 5 Steps to Reduce Your Debt: Do-it-Yourself Debt Reduction from the Experts at Credit.com. Step 1: Evaluate Your Debts. Step 2: Look at Your Budget. Step 3: Make a Plan. Step 4: Start Negotiations. Step 5: Follow-Through Your Debt Reduction Plan.
● 7 Easy Ways to Eliminate Debt by Luis Rodrigues, Askmen.
● 12 of the Fastest and Most Effective Ways to Get Out of Debt & Pay Down Debt from Credit Counselling Society.
● 25 Debt Reduction Tips for Your Immediate Action Plan by David Ning, Money Ning. Get Out of Debt Now with These Tips.
● 30 tips to reduce your debt by Jill Buchner, Canadian Living.
● 33 Proven Ways to Reduce Personal Debt from Becoming Minimalist.
● 73 Great Debt Elimination Tips. Zen Habits: Breathe. Posted by Leo Babauta.
● How to Reduce Your Debt from Wells Fargo.
● Pay Off Debt in 7 Steps and Still Maintain Your Lifestyle from Huffington Post.
● Take Action to Reduce Your Debt from Money Advice Service.
How Credit Cards Work financially and technically. Contents: Tips on how to shop for a credit card, Credit card plans, Credit history, and How to avoid credit card fraud both online and in the real world.
How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt by Lucy Lazarony, Credit.com, Dec. 18, 2013. Start With a Credit Reality Check, Pay Off the Smallest Balance First, Pay Down the Card With the Highest Interest Rate.
intelliMortgage is Canada's first "do-it-yourself" lender. Direct Online Mortgages and Mortgage Comparison. intelliMortgage has created a way to minimize the middleman and maximize consumer savings, it is virtually the only company in Canada that tracks every lender publicly advertising mortgage rates, more than 300 in total. They guarantee that the rate you?re quoted is in the best 1% of all rates in Canada. If it?s not, you get $1,000 cash when your intelliMortgage closes. (Note: intelliMortgage can charge a $295 fee if you apply and then back out of the deal).
Little Known Canadian Debt Solutions & Advice | Credit Card Debt Solutions from Credit Counselling Society, a registered, non-profit service governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Loan and Line of Credit Calculator, Mortgage Payment Calculator, TFSA Calculator - Tax-Free Savings Account Calculator, Credit Card Selector, Credit Card Rewards Calculator from CIBC.
Mortgage101.com - Mortgage Calculators include Monthly Payment, Loan Amortization, Loan Points, Refinance, Tax Benefits, Loan Consolidation calculators. Site also includes a Market Snapshot with Daily Mortgage Averages, Daily Rate Averages - Current Mortgage Rates, and a Mortgage Library with useful educational articles on interest rates, applying for a mortgage, and more. U.S. based.
Mortgage Calculatorfrom CIBC.
Mortgage Calculators from Bankrate.com. See also Mortgage Calculators from Mortgage-Cal.com.
Mortgage Calculators from Interest.com.
Mortgage Loan Calculator from US Debt Clock.org.
Mortgage Quiz - Test yours and your Loan Officer's Mortgage I.Q! (very difficult quiz), Understanding an Amortization Schedule, plus Online Tutorials from Amortization.com.
The Ontario Association of Credit Counselling Services (OACCS). A registered charity that represents a membership network of professional, not-for-profit Credit Counselling Agencies that will help you get out of debt, hopefully permanently. Contents include: You can trust OACCS, Money trouble signs, Regain financial control, Working with you, Understand your options, Guiding your path to financial wellness, Personalized debt repayment plans, Contact OACCS Member Agencies in your area, or call 1-888-7-IN DEBT (1-888-746-3328) to reach the OACCS Central Referral Service.
RateSpy.com. Spying on Canada's Best Mortgage Rates. Site monitors virtually every Canadian lender that publicly advertises mortgage rates. That includes 345+ banks, credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies, wholesale lenders and online brokers.
Secret History of the Credit Card from FRONTLINE. Introduction - In this one-hour report, correspondent Lowell Bergman uncovers the techniques used by the industry to earn record profits and get consumers to take on more debt, Eight Things a Credit Card User Should Know, Interviews, A Credit Card Quiz, Credit Cards and Personal Responsibility, The Rise of the Industry, Your Credit Score, When the Debt Collector Calls, and more.
Settling Credit Card Debt from U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation's consumer protection agency. It works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace. Debt Settlement Has Risks, Beware of Debt Settlement Scams, Fees, Disclosure Requirements, Tax Consequences, Other Debt Relief Options.
VISA. Products and Services include ATM Locator, Lost Your Card, Smart VISA card, etc. Consumer Tips include: Protect Your Visa Card, Tips for Safe ATM Usage, About the Euro, Travel Resources, Financial Tips, Safety Tips for Visa Cardholders, and Check Card Shopping Tips.
When Paying the Mortgage Is a Struggle from U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation's consumer protection agency. It works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace. Know Your Mortgage, If You're Behind on Your Payments, Avoiding Default and Foreclosure, Contacting Your Loan Servicer, Housing and Credit Counseling, Consider Giving Up Your Home Without Foreclosure, Be Alert to Scams.
Your Access to Free Credit Reports. Facts for Consumers from the United States Federal Trade Commission. A recent amendment to the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.
Bankrate.com. Interest rates: Today's Averages, Mortgage rates, CD (Certificate of Deposits) rates, auto loans, credit cards, mortgages and more.
Bloomberg.com - Rates and Bonds. Key interest rates for Australia, Brazil, Germany, Japan, U.K. and United States. Data for U.S. includes Prime Rates (Current, 1 month - 1 year prior), Mortgage Rates, U.S. Treasuries, Municipal Bonds.
CANNEX Financial Exchanges Limited gathers, compiles, and distributes interest rate information for Canada and United States.
CIBC Historical Effective Prime Rate - in PDF. Handy 2-page chart of Prime Rates in Canada from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC). Effective Date from April 16, 1974 to current.
CNNMoney: Interest Rates. Mortgages and home equity loans - Search for rates from hundreds of lenders in U.S. Deposit rates - Search for rates on CDs, money markets and interest checking. Includes: Auto loans and credit cards.
Compound Interest Calculator from MoneyChimp.
Credit rating from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "A credit rating assesses the credit worthiness of an individual, corporation, or even a country. It is an evaluation made by credit bureaus of a borrower?s overall credit history." See also:
● Credit Score Basics from ABC Bizloans.
● Why do we need credit reporting? What is a rating? What is an "inquiry"? What is a credit score? FAQs from Equifax.
● 5 Tips for Improving Your Credit Score from Federal Reserve Board.
● Improving your FICO credit score from myFICO?, the consumer division of Fair Isaac Corporation, the company that invented the FICO credit risk score.
● How to Improve Your Credit Score from eHow.com.
Federal Reserve Statistical Release - Selected Interest Rates, Daily Update.
A Primer on Interest Rates from Dollar Bank Business Center. Floating rates: Prime rate, LIBOR (London Interbank Offering Rate), CD Rates (Certificate of Deposit Rates), Treasury Constant Maturity, "Swap" Rates, "Cost of Money". Fixed rates. Default rate. Late payment.
Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC): Guide to Trading on Equity Markets. How Equity Markets Differ: Learning the Mechanics and Rules of Trading. Buying and Selling in the Markets: Different Order Types: Market, Limit, Stop. Investor Protection. Investor Responsibilities. Trading activities that are prohibited: Manipulative and Deceptive Trading Practices, and more.
Interest.com. Mortgage rates. Compare current interest loan rates for mortgages across the United States.
● Mortgage Calculators.
● Mortgage Rates in U.S.. Compare ARM (Adjustable-Rate Mortgage) Loans, Fixed Loan Rate Mortgages by Bankrate.com.
● Compare Mortgage Rates in Your Area. Select your location by city, by state, by Zip code.
● Prime rate, fed funds, COFI. Prime Rate, Federal Funds Rates, Discount Rate, Fed Fund Reserve Lending, COFI (Cost of Funds Index) in US.
Interest Calculator. This is a fixed-rate compound interest calculator for the interest and the final balance if you save a fixed amount and/or save periodically, with tax and inflation considered.
Negative Interest Rates. How Negative Interest Rates Work by Matthew Johnston, Investopedia.
● Less Than Zero: When Interest Rates Go Negative by Jana Randow and Simon Kennedy, Bloomberg QuickTake.
● Rob Carrick, Globe & Mail Newsletter, Dec. 16, 2015: What negative interest rates mean - "Negative rates mean there's a cost to storing cash in a safe account rather than a return. The idea is to encourage companies and individuals to spend rather than save. How does it all work out? Here's some data from Europe that shows, in one case, that negative rates led to higher mortgage rates."
● What are negative interest rates and how do they work? By Rachelle Younglai, Economics Reporter, Globe and Mail, Dec. 09, 2015.
Prime Rate - Today's Rates from TD Canada Trust.
● Prime and Other Rates - Today's RBC Royal Bank rates: Royal Bank Prime (Canadian Prime Rates), U.S. Prime Rates, U.S. Base Rates.
● Canadian Current Rates from Scotiabank
● Bank of Canada Interest Rates.
● Canadian interest rates and monetary policy variables: 10-year lookup.
● "The Bank Rate is the rate of interest that the Bank of Canada charges on one-day loans to financial institutions. It is also part of a range called the Operating Band for the overnight rate. The overnight rate is the interest rate at which major financial institutions borrow and lend one-day funds among themselves. The Bank Rate is always at the top end of the operating band, which is half a percentage point wide. For example, if the operating band is 4.25 to 4.75 per cent, the Bank rate would be 4.75 per cent. The Overnight Rate Target is always at the middle of the band. Target for the Overnight Rate would be 4.50 per cent."
● Selected historical interest rates from Bank of Canada.
Prime Lending Rates - U.S.
● Prime Rate - What It Means.
● Rates & Bonds - United States from Bloomberg.com.
● Prime Rate - Bank of America.
● Prime Rate from About.com.
RateSupermarket.ca. Best rates in Canada: Compare Mortgage Rates, Credit Cards, GICs, Savings Accounts, Life Insurance Quotes.
Simple Interest Calculator, Compound Interest Calculator from Webmath.com.
Amortization schedule calculator from Bankrate.com. Excellent calculator. Calculates your monthly mortgage payment, calculates the impact of extra mortgage payments (by month, by year, and/or lump sum), and provides you with printout of Amortization table.
apartmentguide.com - Apartments in the U.S.A. Select a housing type, e.g. Apartments or Corporate Housing, select a State, select a Metro Area, or enter a property name to search for an apartment. You can also specify features you want in the apartment and the price range. Site provides photos, maps, addresses, floor plans where applicable, rent cost, contacts, and other details.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). Canada's national housing agency. CMHC for Consumers. Topics: Buying a Home, Mortgage Insurance, Renting a Home, Maintaining a Home, Renovating a Home, Programs & Financial Assistance.
Canada Rental Guide. Site provides Canadian rental tenants the ability to find rental apartments and houses. Find Apartments for Rent by Province, by City, or by Neighborhood, e.g. Downtown Toronto, Downtown Vancouver, Etobicoke West Mall, Scarborough City Centre.
Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Provides information on the buying and selling of a home, What is a Realtor, Code of Ethics, Home Buyer?s Plan, and a Glossary of Terms. Also includes statistics on the Canadian resale housing market.
Commercial Investment Bulletin Board System (CIBBS) from ICI World.net. Global databases and information services for commercial and residential real estate brokers and salespeople to serve the public. Search Have Want - Properties for Sale and Lease, Purchaser and Tenant Wants, Search FSBO - For Sale By Owner, Latest Listings, Lisings in U.S.A., Ontario Canada, Western Canada, Eastern Canada, Europe, Caribbean and Central America, Asia and Middle East, Pacific Rim and Southeast Asia, South America, Australia, and Africa.
Cost of Living Calculator from CNNMoney.
Current Mortgage Rates from BMO.
● Current Mortgage Rates from CIBC.
● Current Mortgage Rates from Meridian.
● Today's Mortgage Rates from TD Canada Trust.
● Canadian Mortgage Payment Calculator from CanEquity.
● Mortgage Manager Calculator from CanadaMortgage.com.
● TD Canada Trust Mortgage Calculator.
FindLotSize.com. Find size of a home lot or plat of land. Aerial view as per Google. FindLotSize.com provides a map measurement tool as well as a street view (if available) of the property. All services provided by FindLotSize.com are free and registration is not needed. To find the lot size click along the perimeter of the area. Map measurement accuracy better than ± 1%.
Garth Turner's Weekly Column published in newspapers across Canada. Topics covered: Mortgages, Income Trusts, Rental Real Estate, Money, Mortgage Rates, etc.
● Bank of Montreal Mortgage Centre: Current Mortgage Rates, Home Buyers Guide, Mortgage Calculators.
● CIBC Mortgage Rates
● RBC Royal Bank Mortgage Rates
● Scotiabank Mortgage Centre
● TD - Canada Trust Mortgages
● Kanetix.ca - Compare Mortgage Rates
● Mortgages in Canada from About.com. Links include: Canadian Mortgage Rules Tightened in 2011, Understanding Mortgages from Canadian Home Builders Associaton (CHBA), All About Mortgages, and more.
● Universal Currency Converter
● Canadian Tax Tip from Certified General Accountants of Ontario via CNW (Canada NewsWire).
Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Homes & Communities - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
● Buying a Home.
● Owning a Home.
● Selling a Home.
● Renting an apartment or a house.
● Homeless - If you are homeless, HUD, along with many other federal agencies, funds programs to help the homeless.
● Home Improvements - facts & pitfalls.
● HUD Homes - HUD sells properties at reduced prices. Check out listings of HUD homes in your area.
● Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO).
● How to Avoid Foreclosure.
● Housing Resources, and much more.
Housecreep. House histories, apartment reviews ... Housecreep is an online community that chronicles the history of homes from all over the world (mainly United States and Canada) by crowdsourcing publicly available information. Site includes:
● Homes that have been in the news or have historical significance.
● Properties that are considered to be stigmatized (grow op house, meth labs, murder houses, etc.)
● Homes where noted individuals once lived.
House Values. Free home real estate market value for your house or property in the United States or Canada. Find out what your house is worth from a real estate agent in your area. Get a market valuation price of your home.
How to Buy Government Foreclosure Homes by Hugh Houchin, eHow Contributor. How to Buy Government Owned Tax Lien Homes edited by Carolyn Barratt, Chris Hadley, and others. Government Foreclosures in the United States.
ICI World - World of Industrial Commercial and Investment Real Estate. 3000 out of 8000 listings are placed in the free viewing area, mostly from U.S. and Canada. Site includes listings from Africa, Asia & Middle East, Australia, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Pacific Rim, Southeast Asia, and South America. View free listings of FSBO (For Sale by Owner) around the world, but only paying subscribers can respond to listings.
International Real Estate Digest (IRED) - ired). Lists Real Estate Web Sites from USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Europe, Mid-East, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Australia, plus related Resources.
International Real Estate Directory. Browse by country A-Z. Examples: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States.
Land Transfer Tax Calculator. Ontario Land Transfer Tax Calculator provided by MacNaughtonLaw.Com.
● How to calculate the Land Transfer Tax in the Province of Ontario from the Law Office of J. Bruce MacNaughton.
● Land Transfer Tax Bulletins from Ontario Ministry of Revenue - Land transfer tax is imposed on the acquisition of an interest in land.
MLS - Canadian MLS Online. Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for Canada. Database of commercial and residential properties available for sale throughout Canada.
Mortgage Information from INVIS, Independent Mortgage Broker. Contents include: First-Time Home Buyers, Compare Current Mortgage Rates, Calculators: Maximum Mortgage Calculator, Mortgage Analyzer, Full Amortization Mortgage Strategizer, Rent or Buy Analyzer, Glossary.
Mortgage Life Insurance from Essential Benefits Group. Includes Top 3 Reasons to Avoid Bank, Credit Union, or Trust Company Mortgage Life Insurance.
New in Homes. View hundreds of brand new homes and condominiums from home builders in Ontario, Canada. Categories: Start New Search, The Builders, What's New (watch for grand openings), Legal Info, Mortgage Info, New Home Alert, and Community Info.
Ontario Real Estate. Ontario Homes for Sale by Owner. Free database. Canadian Real Estate Search.
Ontario New Home Warranty Program (ONHWP) - Name changed to "Tarion". Program aims to protect Ontario's new home buyers. Statutory Warranty Coverage: New home buyers benefit from deposit protection, and are protected against defects in work and materials, as well as major structural defects.
Ottawa Real Estate Board.
Tangerine Mortgage Payment Calculator. Mortgage Prepayment Calculator.
Real estate from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Real estate is a legal term that encompasses land along with improvements to the land, such as buildings, fences, wells and other site improvements that are fixed in location -- immovable."
Real Estate ABC - The ABC's of Real Estate. Real Estate & Mortgage Resources. Housing Trends: Interest Rate Forecast, Existing Home Sales, Recent Appreciation. Articles & Tips: Home Buying, Home Selling, Hints & Insights, Income Taxes, Mortgage, Credit Articles, Glossary, Questions & Answers. Real Estate Agents: in USA, Canada & US Territories. 16 Calculators including Mortgage Payment Calculator, Rent vs. Own Calculator, Cost of Living Calculator, Principal Prepayment Calculator, Bi-Weekly Mortgage Calculator, and more.
RealProperty Transaction Centres - Ontario Real Estate Legal Specialists. See also:
● Title Insurance.
● Understanding Title Insurance from Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
● Land Transfer Tax from Ontario Ministry of Finance. Who pays land transfer tax? Land Transfer Tax Refund for First-time Homebuyers. Provincial Land Tax. City of Toronto Municipal Land Transfer Tax. GST/HST New Housing Rebate. Land Transfer Tax Rates. (The land transfer tax rate is the same for residents and non-residents of Canada).Table to calculate land transfer tax. Paying the tax (Ontario's land transfer tax is payable when the transfer is registered).
● Calculating Land Transfer Tax.
● Land Transfer Tax Calculator. This website is a quick reference and land transfer tax calculator for real estate consumers.
● Real Estate Terms, Definitions and Dictionary from Real Estate ABC.
Rent Canada - Canada's Internet Apartment Guide. Select a province and a city to view locations of rental apartments, search by furnished apartments, by company (property management firms), by area, Residential Rental Property Search, classifieds, vacation properties, and more.
RE/MAX.com. Search for properties by location, by price range, find agent or office in over 50 regions around the world. Tips for selling your home. Financial calculators. Check today's mortgage rates or calculate monthly mortgage payments in U.S. and Canada.
Toronto Real Estate Board. Includes links to:
● Canadian Real Estate Association
● Ontario Real Estate Association
● Brampton Real Estate Board
● Durham Region Real Estate Board
● Mississauga Real Estate Board.
Vancouver - Greater Vancourver Real Estate Board.
What Are the Different Types of Real Estate? from Centurion Property Associates. There are two major categories of real estate: Residential and Commercial.
Zillow. Buy, Rent, Sell, or Zestimate for real properties in the United States. Site includes Current Mortgage Rates and Home Loans, Find a Real Estate Agent in Your Area, Real Estate Advice, Home Design, Home Improvement Projects, Tips and Guides, Zestimate: Find Your Home in the U.S. Type in an address. Results will show great details about the property: Map, location of property including State and Zip Code, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, total floor size in square footage, estimated (Zestimated) value of property, lot size, type of home (e.g. single family), year it was built, when it was last sold and for how much, total number of rooms, number of storeys, structure type, Parcel #, and Zillow Home ID number.
AARP Tax-Aide. American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Tax Aide was established in 1968 to help older persons complete their tax returns. Trained volunteers help persons with low- and middle-income maximize their legal deductions and credits, resulting in tangible economic benefits to them. Use Tax-Aide Online Tax Assistance - Get Answers to Your Tax Questions Online (U.S. only), a public service from the AARP Foundation.
Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) in United States, from Wikipedia. Alternative Minimum Tax by William Perez, Taxes.About.com.
Alternative Minimum Tax. Minimum Tax from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
BankRate.com. Tax News and Advice for taxpayers in the United States. Finding free tax help by Kay Bell.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). On Nov. 1, 1999, the name Revenue Canada was changed to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA). On December 12, 2003, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) was changed to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Income Tax Act - Canada.
● Site Map. Site provides online access to Canada's income tax information.
● CRA Keyword Search.
● Income Tax Forms & Publications, bulletins, and details on all aspects of Canadian income tax system and completion of all tax returns, personal and corporate.
● TIPS - T.I.P.S. Tax Information Phone Service 1-800-267-6999.
● Netfile or call e-service Helpdesk at 1-800-714-7257 (from Canada and United States) for assistance, teletypewriter (TTY) number for e-service Helpdesk is 1-888-768-0951.
● RRSPs and related plans.
● My Account for Individuals - Manage your personal income tax and benefit account online by: changing your return, changing your address or telephone numbers, authorizing your representative, registering your formal dispute, or call toll free 1-800-959-8281 for Individual Income Tax Enquiries, 1-800-959-1956 to find out about your income tax refund. Call 1-800-714-7257 for e-Services Helpdesk for individuals. Get help accessing My Account, NETFILE, or Represent a Client (Calls from anywhere in Canada and the United States).
● Tax Alert: The Canada Revenue Agency warns Canadians of mail scam.
● Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations who host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare the returns.
● Find Your Volunteer Match
● What's new?
● What you can deduct - lines 205 to 485 from CRA. Where to report deductions and tax credits. Deductions from income and tax credits are reported on lines 205 to 485.
Canadian Income Tax Related Resources:
● Tax calculators & rates from EY (Ernst & Young Global Limited). 2016 Personal tax calculator. Calculate your combined federal and provincial tax bill in each province and territory. Calculator reflects known rates as of 15 January 2016.
● 2015 RRSP savings calculator from EY (Ernst & Young). Calculate the tax savings your RRSP contribution generates in each province and territory. Reflects known rates as of 30 June 2015.
● Tax Tips from TaxTips.ca: Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates in Canada, Tables of personal income tax brackets and tax rates (2004-2016 current)
● Pay Yourself First!
● TaxTips.ca What's New. Canadian Tax and Financial Information.
● Tax Tips at Your Fingertips from TurboTax.
● Individuals and families. Topics A-Z Index from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● All about your tax return from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Tax Alerts from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Beware of phishing schemes; Don't buy into illegal tax protester schemes; Be cautious of participating in a gifting tax shelter scheme; Protect yourself! Warning: Claiming false GST/HST refunds is a crime and will result in serious consequences; Beware of telephone and email scams.
● Canadian Income Tax and RRSP Savings Calculators from TaxTips.ca.
● Canadian income tax rates for Individuals - current and previous years from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates in Canada from TaxTips.ca.
● Understanding the Tables of Personal Income Tax Rates from TaxTips.ca.
● How is income tax calculated in Canada? From TaxTips.ca.
● Forms and publications from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● The Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman (OTO) "works to enhance the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) accountability in its service to, and treatment of, taxpayers and benefit recipients through independent and impartial reviews of service-related complaints and systemic issues." You can Submit a Complaint online, by mail, or by fax.
Canadian Income Tax Courses:
● Canada Revenue Agency: Learning About Taxes. Free Online Course - To understand the fundamentals of the Canadian tax system and to teach you how to file a basic income tax return.
● H&R Block Canada: H and R Block Tax Training School
● Liberty Tax Service.
Canadian Tax Calculators & Rates - Personal Tax Calculator. Calculate your combined federal and provincial tax bill in each province and territory, from EY (Ernst & Young).
● Canadian Tax Checklist from H&R Block.
● Canadian Personal Income Tax Checklist from International Business Resources (Canada) Corp (IBRCC).
● Personal Income Taxes in Canada from About.com. Information on electronic filing, the income tax package, forms and schedules, supplementary guides and tax tips.
The Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) is a federally incorporated, not-for-profit citizen's group dedicated to lower taxes, less waste and accountable government.
Capital Losses from Tax Tips.ca. Capital losses can normally only be used to reduce or eliminate capital gains. If you have capital losses that cannot be used in the current year, you can carry back the losses to any of the 3 preceding taxation years. Capital losses can also be carried forward indefinitely. The only time they can be used to reduce other income is in the year of a taxpayer's death, or the immediately preceding year.
Essential Links to Taxes (U.S.). Contents include: Major Tax Sites: IRS, H&R Block, FedWorld; Tax Forms: IRS Forms, 1040.com, UncleFed; Publications: IRS Pubs; Tax related news: IRS Newsroom, Tax Analysts; Tax Law: Legalbitstream, Thomas, Nolo.com; Tax Code: U.S. Code, Code Search; Commercial Tax Sites: CPA Advantage, H&R Block, Quicken; Associations; Link Lists: Tax and Accounting Sites; Tax Tools and Utilities: MSNBC Personal Finance Calculators, Tax Term Glossary; and more.
Free Tax Calculators & Tools from TurboTax.
H&R Block U.S. Tax Tips.
● USTaxTips.net U.S. Tax and Financial Information.
Internal Revenue Service IRS.gov, U.S. Department of the Treasury.
● Tax Statistics
● IRS e-file
● Free Online Filing where you can e-file your individual tax return for free, Taxpayer Help and Education, Tax Regulations.
● IRS Forms and Publications.
● Extension of Time to File Your Tax Return.
● Frequently Asked Tax Questions and Answers.
● How to Contact the IRS.
Johnston, David Cay. Q&A: David Cay Johnston, 2004. Transcript of online chat on the Forbes.com CEO Network with New York Times reporter David Cay Johnston, author of Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich - and Cheat Everybody Else. Chat moderated by Mark Lewis of Forbes.com.
● Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (and Stick You with the Bill) by David Cay Johnston.
● "Perfectly Legal" by David Cay Johnston. A Pulitzer-winning New York Times reporter argues that the rich have ruthlessly rigged the tax system against the rest of us. Book review by Farhad Manjoo.
● David Cay Johnston from Wikipedia.
● Temples of Chance by David Johnson. "An account of how, in the 1980s, the junk bond kings usurped mob control of the casino industry discusses corruption in the industry and the role of the U.S. government in that corruption."
Ready-to-use, Complimentary Articles from Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario. Topics include: Automobile, Condominium, Education, Golf, Insurance, Holiday Tips, Personal Finance, Real Estate, Property and Mortgage, Retirement Planning, RRSP, Small Business Planning, Tax Planning and Advice, Technology.
Salary and Tax Calculator. Very useful site. Type in your annual income, select the place you work, click "Calculate" to get an idea of your Tax Payable and your take-home pay or Net Pay, depending on where you live. United States (choose a state - salary in USD), Canada (choose a province or territory - salary in CAD), Switzerland (choose a canton - salary in CHF), or France (EUR).
Tax Loss Carryback. Definition from Investopedia.
● Capital losses and deductions from CRA.
● Tax Loss Carryback from CRA.
● Line 253 - Net capital losses of other years from CRA.
Tax Loss Selling from CIBC Wood Gundy. Tax loss selling allows you to realize losses to offset the capital gains. Tax loss selling usually takes place at year-end, when an investor knows his or her net taxable capital gains for the year. Article includes Superficial Loss Rules.
● Superficial loss and other disallowed losses from TaxTips.ca.
● Superficial Loss Rules from CA Business Advisor.
● Superficial Loss Rules in Canada by Preet Banerjee.
Tax News for Home and Business from CNNMoney.
Tax News Network Canada from PricewaterhouseCoopers. Includes Tax Facts and Figures for Individuals and Corporations.
Tax Preparation and Consulting. Useful resources include links to Department of Finance Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, Tax Court of Canada, Canadian Taxpayers Federation, Tax including Latest Tax News from KPMG, etc. plus a list of tax software on the market.
Tax Tips from Kiplinger.com. Include: How Much Tax You Will Pay on Your Lottery Winnings. Tax Breaks for Caregivers. IRS Audit Red Flags You Need to Know. Tax Tips for Last-Minute Filers, and more.
Taxes for United States taxpayers, from Yahoo! Finance.
TaxTips.ca - Canadian Tax and Financial Information. Very useful site with practical tips and advice. Contents include:
● Tax Rates / Credits
● Federal Personal Income Tax Rates
● What's New?
● Glossary of Investing, Financial, Accounting and Tax Terms
● Money-Saving and Wealth-Building Tips
● Personal Tax
● Small Business
● GST / HST - Goods and Services Tax / Harmonized Sales Tax
● PST - Provincial Sales Tax
● Seniors, and more.
Top 10 Tax Tidbits. Updated weekly. Site provides current Canadian Income Tax Law information, plus tax saving Canadian income tax legal tips, and weekly income tax minimization strategies for Canadians.
Uncle Fed's Tax*Board. Complete online resource for tax relief. IRS Tax Forms, IRS Tax News, IRS Bulletins, State Tax Forms, How to Protect Yourself and Survive the IRS, Fun Stuff (includes games and education material, e.g. American Historical Documents), Tax Preparation Help, Helpful Links for Tax Professionals, U.S. Tax Court Rules, Taxpayer Bill of Rights, Audit-Proofing Strategies, and more.
U.S. Tax Guide from Lowtax.net, Global Tax & Business Portal.
World Tax Advisor from Deloitte.
Yahoo! Finance: Tax Center. Personal Finance. Tax Changes, Tax Strategies, Filing, Deductions and Credits, Latest Tax News, Tax Tips and News.
Australia Public Debt. Public debt: 22.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 22.1% of GDP (2009 est.). Public Debt by Year Chart.
Canada Public Debt. Public debt: 34% of GDP (2010 est.) 29% of GDP (2009 est.).
● Canada's National Debt Clock from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.
● Canadian Debt and Tax Clock from Stingy Investor.
● Canadian National Debt per citizen half of Americans.
● Canada's Federal Debt from the Qualicum Institute.
● Canadian public debt from Wikipedia.
● Federal government net financial debt from Statistics Canada.
● American national debt vs. Canadian national debt.
China Public Debt. Public debt: 17.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 16.9% of GDP (2009 est.)
● China - National Debt: Statistics of China's National Debts from 1981 to 2005 Unit: Renminbi (yuan).
● China's internal debt problem. 27 May 2006: China's national debt balance reached 2.96 trillion yuan (US$370 billion), including 2.88 trillion yuan of domestic debt and 82.8 billion yuan of foreign debt. China's 2004 national debt burden rate was 21.6% of gross domestic product (GDP), far lower than the warning level of 60% designated by the European Union for its members, a generally accepted international standard. By comparison, the US national debt stood at $8.4 trillion as of April 13, 2006, or 65% of forecast GDP.
Country Comparison: External Debt. Compares total public and private debt owed to nonresidents repayable in foreign currency, goods, or services. These figures are calculated on an exchange rate basis. ~ Info from World Factbook, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
Ranking of 206 Countries
● Countries with the Most External Debt from Global Finance, Nov. 19, 2015. Click to view GDP and Economic Data for each country.
Full Rankings of External Debt in Countries around the World. Select a country to view details: Introduction, Geography, People and Society, Government, Economy, Energy, Communications, Transportation, Military and Security, Transnational Issues.
● List of countries by external debt from Wikipedia.
Denmark Public Debt. Public debt: 46.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 41.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Ecuador Public Debt. Public debt: 23.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 19.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
France Public Debt. Public debt: 83.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 77.6% of GDP (2009 est.). France - Public Debt Clock.
Germany Public Debt. Public debt: 78.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 72.5% of GDP (2009 est.). Germany - Public Debt Clock. Stattsverschuldung in Deutschland.
Government Debt, Public Debt. Information from Answers.com.
Greece Public Debt. Public debt: 144% of GDP (2010 est.) 126.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
India Public Debt. Public debt: 55.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 57.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Iran Public Debt. Public debt: 16.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 16.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Ireland Public Debt. Public debt: 94.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 65.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Israel Public Debt. Public debt: 77.3% of GDP (2010 est.) 77.7% of GDP (2009 est.).
Italy Public Debt. Public debt: 118.1% of GDP (2010 est.) 115.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Jamaica Public Debt. Public debt: 123.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 124.4% of GDP (2009 est.).
Japan Public Debt. Public debt: 225.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 217.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Kenya Public Debt. Public debt: 50.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 46.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Korea, South. Public debt: 23.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 23.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Kuwait Public Debt. Public debt: 12.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 13.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Lebanon Public Debt. Public debt: 150.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 154.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Libya Public Debt. Public debt: 3.3% of GDP (2010 est.) 3.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
List of countries by public debt from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Percentage of annual gross domestic product, based on World Factbook, OECD Economic Outlook and IMF estimates.
Luxembourg Public Debt. Public debt: 16.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 14.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Mexico Public Debt. Public debt: 41.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 39.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Netherlands Public Debt. Public debt: 64.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 60.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
Norway Public Debt. Public debt: 47.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 49.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Oman Public Debt. Public debt: 4.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 5.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Pakistan Public Debt. Public debt: 49.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 49.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Romania Public Debt. Public debt: 34.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 24% of GDP (2009 est.).
Russia Public Debt. Public debt: 9.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 8.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Saudi Arabia Public Debt. Public debt: 16.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 22.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Singapore Public Debt. Public debt: 102.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 110% of GDP (2009 est.). "NOTE: for Singapore, public debt consists largely of Singapore Government Securities (SGS) issued to assist the Central Provident Fund (CPF), which administers Singapore's defined contribution pension fund; special issues of SGS are held by the CPF, and are non-tradeable; the government has not borrowed to finance deficit expenditures since the 1980s."
Spain Public Debt. Public debt: 63.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 53.2% of GDP (2009 est.).
Sweden Public Debt. Public debt: 40.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 41.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Switzerland Public Debt. Public debt: 38.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 40.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Taiwan Public Debt. Public debt: 33.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 33.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Top 20 Countries with the Biggest Public Debt from World Atlas. Last update: June 14, 2016.
Ukraine Public Debt. Public debt: 38.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 30% of GDP (2009 est.).
United Arab Emirates Public Debt. Public debt: 44.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 48.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
United Kingdom Public Debt. Public debt: 76.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 68.2% of GDP (2009 est.). UK National Debt Clock.
United States Public Debt. 60.8% of GDP (2007 est.). GDP - per capita (PPP): $45,800 (2007 est.)
● U.S. National Debt Clock.
● U.S. National Debt Clock..
● U.S. Public Debt. Explanation and information from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "The U.S. public debt, commonly called the national debt or the gross federal debt, is the amount of money owed by the United States federal government."
● Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Debt from Bureau of the Public Debt, United States Department of the Treasury.
● The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It from Bureau of the Public Debt, United States Department of the Treasury.
● Facts and Figures - The Debt of the United States - Archives of Historical Debt Outstanding. Annual 1791-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949, 1950-1999, 2000-2010.
● Frequently Asked Questions About the National Debt by J. C. Adamson, the Muser.
● Major Foreign Holders of U.S. Debt (in billions of dollars).
World Debt Clock. World Debt statistics for Public Debt to GDP Ratio, and External Debt to GDP Ratio for the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England/UK, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Pakistan, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, and United States of America. Figures shown represent cumulative total of all government borrowings less repayments, denominated in the country's home currency - Sources: CIA, Eurostat, World Bank and US Treasury.
World Debt Rank Chart. Public Debt - Country Comparison, from Japan to Luxembourg. World Public Debt Map.
Zimbabwe Public Debt. Public debt: 241.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 282.6% of GDP (2009 est.).