Wikipedia - Free Ency
Useful Links 2
Site includes Community Resources, Housing Resources, Business Services, Aging Newsbytes, Community News, Food and Nutrition, Health and Wellness, Home Care, Keeping Safe, Travel and Leisure, Home and Finances, and more.
● FREE Monthly e-Magazine of Silver Links News
● Print Subscription of Silver Links Quarterly Magazine. Introductory Special is just $19.95/year for 4 Issues! The print magazine covers in-depth perspectives on local issues and highlighting community events, helping older adults live well. Content in the print magazine will be much more than what's in the e-magazine.
● Join Silver Friends. Adults aged 50+ can join Silver Friends for FREE! Group meets on the last Thursday evening of every second month starting in November, 2017 for dinner at a great restaurant in Halton or Peel. Silver Friends is an informal gathering of individuals looking to enjoy great cuisine with good company and conversation.
● Facebook: Silver Links News
● Twitter: @silverlinksnews
See also: Motion picture content rating system from Wikipedia
12 : Contains material not generally suitable for children under age 12.
12A : 12 Accompaniment - Requires an adult to accompany any child under 12.
14A : 14 Accompaniment - Persons under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
15 : No one under 15 is allowed to see a 15 film at the cinema or buy/rent a 15 rated video. 15 rated works are not suitable for children under 15 years of age.
18 : Suitable only for adults.
18A : 18 Accompaniment - Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
A : Adult - Only for adults. Sole purpose of the film is the portrayal of sexually explicit activity and/or explicit violence.
G : General Audiences. All ages admitted.
M : Mature audiences, parental discretion advised. M rating renamed to GP then revised to PG.
NR or UR - Not Rated or Unrated : Film has not been submitted for rating or is an uncut version of a film that was submittted.
NC-17 : No one 17 and under admitted.
PG : Parental Guidance Suggested. Suitable for general viewing, aged 8 and over.
PG-13 : Parents strongly cautioned for children under age 13.
R : Restricted - Admittance restricted to people 18 years of age or older. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
R18 : Adult works for licensed premises only.
U : Universal viewing. Suitable for all, aged 4 and over.
U/A : Parental guidance required for children to see the movie.
UR : Unrated. Film has not been submitted for rating or is an uncut version of a film that was submittted.
X : Adults only, persons under 18 will not be admitted.
● Sunday, September 1: MuslimFest 2019 - 16th Anniversary Celebration at Mississauga Celebration Square 12:00 noon - 9:00 pm ~FREE~
● Sunday, September 1: Mind & Meditation - Free Workshop by Art Of Living Centre - GTA 4:30 - 6:00 pm ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 3: Etobicoke Mississauga Coin Stamp & Collectables Club at Etobicoke Civic Centre 7:00 - 9:30 pm ~FREE - Guest~
● Wednesday, September 4: Seniors: International Folk Dance at East Mississauga Community Health Centre 10:00 - 11:30 am ~FREE~
● Friday, September 6: Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues & Jazz Festival at Port Credit Memorial Park 5:00 - 11:30 pm ~FREE admission to Vendor Village, Food Court and South Stages 1 and 2~
● Saturday, September 7: Toronto Franchise Expo at International Centre (Hall 5) 11:00 am - 5:00 pm ~Get FREE Pass Online or Pay $10 at Door~
● Saturday, September 7: Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues & Jazz Festival at Port Credit Memorial Park 11:00 am - 11:30 pm ~FREE admission to Vendor Village, Food Court and South Stages 1 and 2~
● Sunday, September 8: Toronto Franchise Expo at International Centre (Hall 5) 11:00 am - 5:00 pm ~Get FREE Pass Online or Pay $10 at Door~
● Sunday, September 8: Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues & Jazz Festival at Port Credit Memorial Park 11:00 am - 8:00 pm ~FREE admission to Vendor Village, Food Court and South Stages 1 and 2~
● Sunday, September 8: Mind & Meditation - Free Workshop by Art Of Living Centre - GTA 4:30 - 6:00 pm ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 10: What You Need to Know About Parkinson's at The Erinview by Sifton 11:00 am ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 10: CARP Mississauga Monthly Meeting at the The Glenerin Inn & Spa 6:30 - 9:00 pm ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 11: Seniors: International Folk Dance at East Mississauga Community Health Centre 10:00 - 11:30 am ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 11: Chili Night: Cooking for One - Welcome H.O.M.E. (Helping Others Manage Everyday) presented by Turner & Porter 10:00 - 11:30 am ~FREE~
● Saturday, September 14: Hawaiian Open House at VIVA Mississauga 1:00 - 4:00 pm ~FREE~
● Saturday, September 14: CARP Dinner, Dance, Silent Auction, Photobooth and Fundraiser at Oasis Convention Centre 6:30 - 11:55 pm
● Sunday, September 15: Art in the Park 2019 - Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood Park 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 18: Seniors: International Folk Dance at East Mississauga Community Health Centre 10:00 - 11:30 am ~FREE~
● Thursday, September 19: Moon Festival Celebration at Parkland on the Glen 2:00 pm ~FREE~
● Thursday, September 21: Share the Harvest Open House at King Gardens Revera Retirement Living 2:00 - 4:00 pm ~FREE~
● Sunday, September 22: Taste of Cooksville - A Street Festival on Dundas Street between Hurontario and Camilla in Mississauga ~ Councillor Dipika Damerla 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
● Monday, September 23: The Silk Road presentation by Lianne Harris at Parkland on the Glen 7:30 pm ~FREE~
● Monday, September 23: Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous at West Edge Community Church, Mississauga 7:00 - 9:00 pm ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 24: Ecosource Community Gardening Workshop at Elmcreek Park, Mississauga 6:00 - 7:00 pm ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 24: Explore Historic Mississauga Estates by Matthew Wilkinson at Lorne Park Library 7:00 pm ~FREE~
● Tuesday, September 24: An Evening of Travel Information and Presentations at Active Adult Centre of Mississauga 7:00 - 9:00 pm ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 25: Seniors: International Folk Dance at East Mississauga Community Health Centre 10:00 - 11:30 am ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 25: Positive Vibes: Authentically Connecting and Networking over Coffee - Mississauga! at Studio.89 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ~FREE~
● Wednesday, September 25: Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) at The Centre for Education and Training - Malton, Mississauga 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ~FREE~
● Thursday, September 26: Club 55 Seniors Get-Together at Saints Peter and Paul Parish Hall 12:45 pm
● Thursday, September 26: This Is September: Open House, Live Music, Refreshments at Amica Erin Mills 2:00 - 4:00 pm ~FREE~
● Saturday, September 28: FREE Paper Shredding at Fewster Community Recycling Centre (CRC) in Mississauga 8:30 am - 4:30 pm ~FREE~
● Saturday, September 28: Fall Home Buying Seminar: Step by Step Guide to Buying a Home - Keller Williams Real Estate Associates Classroom, Mississauga 11:00 am - 1:00 pm ~FREE~
● Sunday, September 29: Honeyfest Open House at The Erinview by Sifton 1:00 - 3:00 pm ~FREE~
FREE Admission. FREE Parking on Saturday and Sunday.
MuslimFest is an award-winning annual festival that celebrates the best in arts, culture and entertainment. It is the largest of its kind in North America and has been winning the Top 100 Festivals and Events Ontario (FEO) award for the last 11 years. It has also received local and national recognition in the recent past, including Best Social Media Campaign and Best Greening of Festival awards. Organizers are expecting some 60,000 people attending this event on Saturday, August 31, 2019.
Mississauga Celebration Square will be transformed by dynamic performances and exhibits, featuring local and international artists showcasing their talents in performance, visual and media arts. Concerts featuring popular Muslim artists, comedy shows, a multicultural bazaar, and a kids' carnival round out the activities.
MuslimFest is for the entire family. Through its ever-changing workshops, it offers something new for everyone to learn. The festival provides the community with opportunities to connect through the language of art, humour, and meaningful entertainment.
See event website: www.muslimfest.com for detailed festival schedules: Friday, August 30, 2019, Saturday, August 31, 2019, Sunday, September 1, 2019.
For more information, call 647-872-2015
Social Media handle: @muslimfest
There will be a Family Food Frenzy with food vendors/trucks serving cuisine from around the world.
Location: Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga ON L5B 3Y3 Canada
To attend this free workshop, please Register at Eventbrite
Info from Art Of Living Centre - GTA: "Join us for a free Mind and Meditation workshop to learn different techniques of Meditation! Discover how meditation and breathing can transform your life.
Neither at home nor at school did we learn how to deal with our negative emotions, how to let go of the inner conflicts. We all want happiness, but how do we get there? One of the best things we can do to reduce our levels of anxiety and stress is through simple breathing exercises. We can also learn how to meditate and experience the peace and bliss of connecting with our inner self.
We specialize in breathing exercises that quickly quiet the mind and make meditation easy. In fact, we've even had people who've practiced other meditation techniques for decades tell us our breathing techniques reliably take them to the deepest places of meditation, that used to be rare peak experiences.
Join us for this FREE event where you will:
● Learn about the connection between the mind, breath, and emotions
● Learn about the four sources of energy
● Experience a guided meditation
● Practise chair yoga
● Learn how to manage stress
● Learn the next steps to incorporating meditation into your daily life, including how to learn the powerful breathing techniques that are taught in the Happiness Program.
● Learn effective practices that will help you stay in present moments and manage stress while you work to achieve your goals and bring your dreams to life.
● Learn to master your mind and master your life."
Location: Art Of Living Centre - GTA
1510 Drew Road, Unit 14, Mississauga ON L5S 1W7 Canada
Contact: Davinder Punni
Image source: flickr.com/frizztext
Image source: flickr.com/savvysmilinginlove
Free: Guest. Audience: All Ages.
Group holds monthly meetings to discuss coin, banknotes, stamps and other collectable items. You are invited to attend as a guest.
Location: Etobicoke Civic Centre
399 The West Mall, Toronto ON M9C 2Y2 Canada
A free fun recreational activity for seniors, involving a group of happy individuals performing steps in certain formations.
To register, please call the Community Health Worker (Focus on Seniors) at 905-602-4082 ext 454.
Location: East Mississauga Community Health Centre (EMCHC) - A Branch of Lamp
2555 Dixie Road, Unit 7, Mississauga ON L4Y 4C4 Canada
(at Dundas Street)
EMCHC Phone: 905-602-4082
FREE admission to Vendor Village, Food Court and South Stages 1 and 2.
This is a rain or shine event. Wheelchair accessible.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets and get comfy while you 'shuffle' from stage to stage! It's great non-stop music all weekend!
Please note: The park has a non-smoking policy and only service animals are allowed.
"The Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues and Jazz Festival returns to Memorial Park in Port Credit for its 21st year on September 6, 7, and 8, 2019. This annual event features the best in International and Canadian Blues artists on four stages in the park with non-stop music all weekend long.
The Festival features two paid stages and two free stages in the park, a vendor village, food court and multiple bars serving beer, wine and coolers. The entire park is licenced to allow fans to move between stages with their drinks.
On Saturday, we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Woodstock featuring performances highlighting the music of Jimi Hendrix, CCR, The Who, Grateful Dead and Joe Cocker.
Don't miss the Port Credit Legion Jamstage on Friday and Saturday nights where you can catch the best jams and dance the night away until 3:00 am. Late Night Jams - $5.00.
Other events in the Village include the FREE Saturday afternoon RABBA FINE FOODS Street Shuffle from noon to 4:00 pm on Lakeshore Road.
With over 25 bands on the steps, sidewalks and patios of the Village and the street closed to traffic, festival fans will literally be dancing in the street. Live music in the clubs, bars and restaurants keeps the party happening well into the night as well.
There will be over 150 new and established Canadian and International Blues musicians at this event. Visit Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle website for complete line-up.
Two stages in the south end of the park are FREE!
The entire park is fenced in and licensed allowing festival goers to enjoy Moosehead beer, Santa Carolina wines and coolers as they shuffle through the festival grounds.
Vendor Village wraps around the south end of the park and features a variety of arts and crafts, and clothing presented by local artisans and the Southside Food Court provides a wide variety of food choices to satisfy everyone's taste.
With an abundance of events in Memorial Park and live entertainment in the restaurants, pubs, coffee houses, clubs and outdoor cafes of Port Credit, there is something for everyone at the Shuffle." ~ Info from Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle. See Summer Fun Guide for more info.
Visit www.southsideshuffle.ca for Festival events, schedules, ticket info, parking and transportation:
● Schedules for September 6, 7 & 8, 2019.
● Street Shuffle
● In the Clubs
● Ticket Info
● Parking and Transportation
Don't want to sit on the grass? You can also upgrade to the Bourbon Street Tent with guaranteed covered seating, dedicated bar service stations, upgraded washrooms and great sight lines for both stages. $70 for a weekend pass on a first-come first-served basis.
Ticket(s) Price: General Admission for stages 3 & 4 (North Stages): $10 Friday, $15 Saturday or Sunday, or $30 for weekend pass.
General Admission - WEEKEND PASS
Friday, September 6, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 11:00 am to 11:30 pm
Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Weekend Pass to main stages 3 & 4 - $30.00
General Admission - FRIDAY, September 6, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 11:30 pm - $10.00
General Admission - SATURDAY, September 7, 2019 from 11:00 am to 11:30 pm - $15.00
General Admission - SUNDAY, September 8, 2019 from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm - $15.00
Buy Tickets online. Tickets are also available all weekend in Memorial Park.
For more information, contact: Kristine Kane
Shuffle Hotline: 416-770-4374
Organization Website: southsideshuffle.ca
Location: Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle Blues and Jazz Festival
Port Credit Memorial Park
40 Lakeshore Rd. E., Mississauga ON, L5G 1S4 Canada
Adults | Free
The Toronto Franchise Expo is an exciting event where you can meet face-to-face with representatives from top franchise concepts who want to expand or develop in your area.
The Franchise Expo invites you to attend an exciting, two-day event. Buying a Franchise means you are in business for yourself, but not by yourself. This event is perfect for exploring the option of self-employment. Meet face to face with representatives from top franchise concepts and business opportunities who want to expand or develop in your area. Compare a variety of opportunities and learn about many different industries at every investment level. You will have the chance to ask the questions that directly affect you and go home with all the information you need. ~ Info from My Area Network, 919area.com.
Go online and get your FREE ticket to the Toronto Franchise Expo, courtesy of The Business Exchange at http://toro.thebizx.com/ --- Otherwise $10 at the Door.
Your Free Pass includes access to:
● Face-to-face conversations with the hottest and most successful franchises.
● Full and part-time opportunities available from every industry at every investment level.
● Educational seminars and workshops with everything you need to know to start your own business.
Find the business that is right for you. Be Your Own Boss! This is your opportunity to see and compare all your business ownership options under one roof. Save hundreds of hours of research time.
For more info, contact: Myles, 416-657-4111.
Location: Hall No. 5 International Centre
6900 Airport Road, Mississauga ON L4V 1E8 Canada
Did you know that Parkinson's is the second most common neurodegenerative disorder? Join The Erinview for a presentation on the disease by the Parkinson's Society of Southwestern Ontario, and learn more about how it can affect your life and the lives of your loved ones.
RSVP by calling 905-823-6700.
Website: http://erinview.sifton.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: The Erinview Retirement Residence by Sifton
2132 Dundas St. West, Mississauga ON L5K 2K7
FREE. Everyone welcome! All ages, members, non-members.
Please join us for an educational event with speakers on health, finances, and community activities.
Meeting the second Tuesday of each month at the The Glenerin Inn & Spa
September 10, 2019 AGENDA:
● 6:30 pm - Doors Open
* Water, coffee, tea, cookies
* Visit exhibitors for prize tickets
● 7:00 pm - Meeting Starts
* Welcome and a few words from exhibitors
* Exercise - time for a walk
● 7:30 pm - Presentation
* "Look After Yourself" - Suzanne Van Parys, Arbonne
● 8:15 pm - Break
* Water, coffee, tea, cookies
● 8:30 pm - Social Engagement
● 8:50 pm - Prizes
● 9:00 pm - Close
For more information:
Contact Murray Etherington, 416-997-0919
Facebook: Mississauga CARP
Website: CARP Mississauga Chapter
Location: The Glenerin Inn & Spa
1695 The Collegeway, Mississauga ON L5L 3S7 Canada
Welcome H.O.M.E. (Helping Others Manage Everyday) program presented by Turner & Porter. "There is no place like home. Home is our safe-haven where we can truly be familiar and comfortable. When changes occur within the family, such as a death, separation, or someone leaving home, it often creates change in the responsibilities for the one remaining. Adjusting to the new 'normal' can be difficult. As you embark upon this new journey, we invite you to join our H.O.M.E. program to assist with a variety of life's essentials. You're not alone. Welcome to our home."
Info from Turner & Porter: Attendees will join in preparing a meal during this session. You will leave the session with a prepared meal, simple recipes and a meal calendar.
Cooking for one can often seem more difficult than cooking for a crowd. Perhaps even the thought of preparing a meal for yourself is daunting to you. Join Turner & Porter to learn one simple recipe that can easily be transformed into three separate meals.
You will also learn how to:
● Consider healthy meal options
● Plan a grocery list
● Make ahead "freezer friendly" meals
To register, please call, email, or visit the website at turnerporter.ca/events. There is no cost to attend, however, space is limited.
To attend, please register by:
Phone: 905-412-3087 (Call Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Location: Turner & Porter Peel Chapel
2180 Hurontario Street, Mississauga ON L5B 1M8 Canada
Turner & Porter on Facebook
Turner & Porter on Twitter
Enjoy a tropical afternoon with Hawaiian dancers and complimentary refreshments!
Tours available from 1:00 - 2:30 pm, followed by entertainment.
Call (905) 566-4500 or email email@example.com to RSVP.
Location: VIVA Mississauga Retirement Community
5575 Bonnie Street, Mississauga ON L5M 0N8 Canada
An evening of food, music, dancing, silent auction, FUN and PRIZES, and be entertained!
All are welcome - members and non-members!
Special performance by Jay Harmony and the Groove Sharks! Live band with 70s, 80s, 90s music.
● 6:30 pm - Enjoy appetizers, tray service circulated by staff. Cash bar.
● 7:00 pm - Dinner, full scrumptious buffet, unlimited soft drinks.
● 8:00 pm - Live Band entertainment with large dance floor, Jay Harmony & the Groove Sharks.
● 9:15 pm - Prize Draws.
● 9:30 pm - More music & dancing with Live Band.
● 11:55 pm - Close
Tickets $95.00 per person.
Full Event CA$95.00 + CA$6.80 Fee. Eventbrite Sales end on Sep 4, 2019.
Singles Table CA$95.00 + CA$6.80 Fee. Eventbrite Sales end on Sep 5, 2019.
To purchase tickets, call 416-997-0919, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Eventbrite.
A significant portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Mississauga Food Bank - Fighting Hunger ... Feeding Hope - Providing healthy food for hungry neighbours in your community since 1986. Imagine a Mississauga where no one goes hungry.
Location: Oasis Convention Centre
1056 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga ON L5E 1E4 Canada
Info from VAM: Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood welcomes art and nature lovers to its 29th annual Art in the Park event. The popular art festival connects the community with Mississauga's top artists and craftspeople with the goal of offering the city a unique shopping experience.
Art in the Park will feature live musical performances graciously sponsored by Dr. Rosanna Fasciani of Lorne Park Dental Associates. Featured performers include Laura Fernandez (Jazz FM 91.1), Dakota Mill and Mississauga's Brianna Corona.
NEW ACTIVITY! All are welcome to participate in the VAM Community Healing Tree Installation. This activity is sponsored by DeSerres.
VAM is also pleased to showcase the talents of emerging youth artist Jasmine Cardenas at the Youth Art Installation sponsored by TD Bank. This program creates a platform for contemporary youth artists to share their work with the community in the historical MacEwan House.
VAM also welcomes food trucks Little Havana Cafe and Vibes of Tehran.
Painters: Adriana Rinaldi, Amanda Melinz, Amrita Virdi, Cathy Klassen, Ian MacIntyre, Debbie Axiak, Denise Lini, Jean Marie Boutot, Kartik Kaushik, Jenna Polla, Leslie Buckle, Lisa Jayne Irvine, Maurice Beaudoin, Melissa Passmore, Mike Seifert, Feng Hua Art Group, Stuart Godfrey, Gabby Tutak
Textiles & Jewellery Artists: Belinda Carmichael, Gillian Clarke, Heather Smith, Karen Reece, Joyce Campbell, Lauren Jardine, sdfsdf, Urszula Stasikiewicz, Nicole van der Oord, Veronica Lee
Mixed Media Artists: Alfonso Elsava, Mudpyes, eXavier Peterson, Rey Sandre, Gillian Sych, Jenifer Levine, Marlene Knight, Linh Thai, Marta Koloszyc, Peter Schacht, Darshana Shah, Stephen C Rose, Valeria Gorgatti, Victoria Chaulk, Larissa Hauck
VAM Acknowledges Community Sponsors: Performance Stage Sponsor: Dr. Rosanna Fasciani of Lorne Park Dental Associates; Youth Art Installation Sponsor: TD Bank; Community Activity Sponsor: DeSerres.
Bring your friends and family and spend the day in the City of Mississauga's breathtaking Riverwood Park!
To RSVP or for more information, contact Visual Arts Mississauga at 905-277-4314
Art in the Park is always free to the public. There's free parking on site in Riverwood Park, located at the intersection of Burnhamthorpe Rd W and The Credit Woodlands. Please note - the parking lot fills up fast so additional parking is available in the Erindale GO Station on Rathburn Rd W at Creditview Rd.
VAM is accessible by public transit. MiWay bus #26 Burnhamthorpe will drop passengers off at the base of Riverwood Park. Follow the path up the hill and through the majestic MacEwan Terrace Gardens.
Location: Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM)
4170 Riverwood Park Lane, Mississauga ON L5C 2S7 Canada
View Google Map
View VAM Directions & Map
Active Adult Centre of Mississauga (AACM) Volunteering Workshop and Bulletin Board Posters 18 Sep 2019
Google Photo Album.
Join Parkland on the Glen for moon cakes, Chinese tea and a performance by Senior Chinese Cultural Dancers.
To RSVP or for more information, contact Lifestyle Consultant Grace Miksa at 905-820-8210 ext. 8223 or email@example.com
Location: Parkland on the Glen
1665 The Collegeway, Mississauga ON L5L 0A9 Canada
Taste of Cooksville is a street festival on Dundas Street between Hurontario and Camilla in Mississauga celebrating local business and reimagining Cooksville.
Info from Alan Kan's article Here's What You Need to Know About Mississauga's Newest Food Festival published on August 29, 2019 in News Lifestyle Events, insauga.com:
"Various vendors will be serving food available from local restaurants at a fixed price menu of $5 so people 'get the real Taste of Cooksville'. Some of the participating restaurants include EuroMax Bakery, WOW Korean Restaurant, My Empanada, Potluck Restaurant, Pho Do Thi, The Village, Yumy's Chicken and Master Biryani and Grill.
The event is organized by volunteers and sponsored by Adonis, Ready Honda, LifeLabs, Xtremeties Tattoo, CIBC, the Greater Toronto Airport Authority and the Mississauga Board of Trade."
● Buskers and Live Music
● Bouncy Castles
● Pop up Skate Park (Calling all Skateboarders)
● Lots of Free Fun for All
● Win Prizes
● Heritage Walking Tour (Learn about Historic Cooksville)
● Henna, and so much more
Contact: Dipika Damerla, Councillor Ward 7, City of Mississauga
Address: 300 City Centre Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C1 Canada
Taste of Cooksville Location: On Dundas Street between Hurontario Street and Camilla Road in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Free parking at TL Kennedy Secondary School and surrounding plazas!
Free parking also at Cooksville GO Station - See Map
Info from FA:
"What Is FA?
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) is a program based on the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). There are no dues, fees, or weigh-ins at FA meetings. FA is a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience and mutual support, are recovering from the disease of food addiction.
Who Joins FA?
FA members are people of all ages from every part of the world. FA includes people who were morbidly obese, substantially underweight, or even at a normal weight. Regardless of their size, they were tormented by cravings, dieting, bulimia, and/or an obsession with exercise."
Contact: Correena, 905-467-7575, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: West Edge Community Church
157 Lakeshore Road West, Mississauga ON L5H 1G3 Canada
Join Lianne Harris as we take a 7000-mile trek in time and follow the Silk Road - the ancient super highway connecting Asia to Europe. Along this fabled route, we trudge our camel caravan from market to market, acquainting ourselves with unfamiliar peoples and customes, strange spices, luxurious goods, and unforgettable stories.
To RSVP or for more information, contact Lifestyle Consultant Grace Miksa at 905-820-8210 ext. 8223 or email@example.com.
Location: Parkland on the Glen
1665 The Collegeway, Mississauga ON L5L 0A9 Canada
FREE - All ages.
Join Ecosource and the City of Mississauga for a Community Gardening workshop at Elmcreek Park. This is a rain or shine event. Should heavy rain or thunderstorms occur, an alternative activity will be held indoors at the nearby Malton Community Centre.
Please register at Eventbrite as the event is limited to 25 people.
This workshop is suitable for families.
Additional event information, meeting location, and updates will be provided by email closer to the date.
Ecosource is an innovative environmental organization specializing in fun, hands-on programs that focus on how each of us can change our daily habits to become better environmental citizens. This workshop will take you to the Malton Community Garden, where you will learn about organic gardening, pollinators, healthy ecosystems and more!
"Located adjacent to the Malton Community Centre, in Elmcreek Park, this garden encourages Malton residents to literally put roots down in growing their community and provides a welcoming space to share food, cultures, and build friendships. The garden contains 11 resident's plots and 36 mini learning plots producing food for the Mt. Zion food bank." ~ Ecosource.
This event was made possible by the TD Green Space Grant program, a partnership between TD Bank and the Arbor Day Foundation.
Contact: City of Mississauga Parks, Forestry & Environment Division, Organizer of Ecosource Community Garden Workshop. Mississauga Parks and Recreation: 905-896-5382.
Location: Malton Community Garden, Elmcreek Park
Mississauga, ON L4T 3T7 Canada
Join us for a presentation exploring a number of the past and present grand houses and estates from historic Mississauga with historian Matthew Wilkinson.
Contact: Mississauga South Historical Society
Location: Lorne Park Library - City of Mississauga Public Library Branch
1474 Truscott Drive, Mississauga ON L5J 1Z2 Canada
(South of the Queen Elizabeth Way [QEW] and East of Southdown Road)
Join us for an Evening of Travel Information and Presentations. Meet Travel Specialists from different suppliers. Learn about the latest travel itineraries, destinations, luxury trips and trasvel trends.
Supplier giveaways, door prizes, refreshments and FREE parking.
Presenters include: Ama Waterways, CIE Tours, Collette Travel, Cunard Large Ship Cruises, Ponaut Small Ship Cruises.
Space is limited. RSVP required.
To RSVP or for complete details, call or email Lola Stoker, Vice President, Cruise Holiday | Luxury Travel Boutique at 905-602-6566, toll free: 1-855-602-6566, cell: 416-464-1225. Email: LStoker@cruiseholidays.com
Event Location: Active Adult Centre of Mississauga, in Central Parkway Mall
377 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Suite 116, Mississauga ON L5A 3Y1 Canada
Enter on ground floor near Baskin Robbins and McDonalds. Come upstairs to the second floor.
Use FREE Mall parking outdoors or FREE underground parking at rear of Mall. Take elevator to second floor.
FREE - RSVP required.
Info from Happy Healthy Women:
"We at Happy Healthy Women (http://www.happyhealthywomen.ca) are so thrilled to be bringing our fabulous networking sessions to Mississauga! The most beautiful connections are made in our gatherings. We believe in sharing, supporting, inspiring, motivating and growing. We brainstorm, support and lift each other up so that when you walk away from our group, you feel like you can take on the world.
Join us, grab a soothing, hot drink, bring some business cards and share your dreams and goals with us!
See you there!"
Location: Studio.89, Mississauga, ON
1065 Canadian Place #104, Mississauga ON L4W 0B8 Canada
Facebook Profile studiooo89
Twitter Profile studiooo89
Join us for a discussion on RRSP and TFSA ~ led by RBC.
● How do RRSPs and TFSAs work?
● How they can help you build wealth.
● The difference and benefits of RRSP and TFSA.
● Who should have RRSP / TFSA?
● RRSP vs TFSA.
● How to get one?
● When is the best time?
Free parking. Free care will be provided for children 6 months and above while you attend this session.
Contact: Janet Jeyapaul, 905-677-0007, toll free: 1-800-668-1179, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: TCET Services - Information Sessions
Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Location: The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) - Malton
7420 Airport Road, Suite 104, Mississauga ON L4T 4E5 Canada
Image source: Amazon.co.uk
Calling all Seniors! Come and make new friends!
Seniors get-together every last Thursday of every month after the 12:10 Mass at Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Get social and stay connected ... come along and join in the fun with social quizzes, sing-alongs, and fellowship.
A light lunch will be served.
For more details, contact Natalie Meier at 905-453-3879 or Gladys Pinto at 905-897-9547.
Location: Saints Peter and Paul Parish Hall
4070 Central Parkway East, Mississauga ON L4Z 1T6 Canada
(One block north of Burnhamthorpe, across from Central Parkway Mall)
Open house, live music, refreshments.
Amica Erin Mills, a senior lifestyles residence, invites you to an open house, and an interactive performance by saxophone artist Ivgeni Kriger.
RSVP by Wednesday, September 25, 2019. Call Kathryn or Nelly at 905-816-9163.
Location: Amica Erin Mills
4620 Kimbermount Avenue, Mississauga ON L5M 5W5 Canada
(Corner of Eglinton and Winston Churchill)
Peel's popular paper shredding event is back this fall!
FREE Paper Shredding
● Lessen your risk of identity theft.
● NO LIMIT. Bring as much paper as you want.
● Feel free to stay and watch while your confidential material is shredded.
Mississauga residents are encouraged to take unbound confidential papers (taxes, bills, income statements and personal information) to the Fewster Community Recycling Centre (CRC) to shred on September 28, 2019 for FREE. Please note: Regular disposal fees apply to all other items.
Visit peelregion.ca/waste. Region of Peel Community Recycling Centres.
Along with your papers, you are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for donation to a local Food Bank.
Location: Fewster Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
1126 Fewster Drive, Mississauga ON L4W 1A2 Canada
Adults | FREE
Fall Home Buying Seminar: Step by Step Guide to Buying a Home in Today's Market
Whether you are buying your first home, helping a loved one buy a home, or haven't purchased in a while, join the Hanlon Real Estate Team for an informative session! Get all the tools you need so that when the time comes to buy, you're prepared!
Register by Saturday, September 28, 2019
Contact info: The Hanlon Real Estate Team
Location: Keller Williams Real Estate Associates Classroom
7145 West Credit Ave, Mississauga ON L5N 6J7 Canada
Did you know that Sifton retirement residences are home to thousands of honey bees? Come try some delicious honey made by them on-site, tour The Erinview Retirement Residence, and enjoy some entertainment with friends and family. All ages are welcome!
Join The Erinview for the Honeyfest Open House featuring live entertainment from one of its favourites, Doug & Dave. We'll also be sampling some delicious food made with local honey from Sifton's bee farm in London, ON. Don't miss out!
Here's a FEATURED HONEY RECIPE from The Erinview:
In the spirit of Honeyfest, check out this recipe courtesy of Taste of Home:
Grandma's Honey Muffins
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature
1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
RSVP by calling 905-823-6700.
Website: http://erinview.sifton.com. Email: email@example.com
Location: The Erinview Retirement Residence by Sifton
2132 Dundas St. West, Mississauga ON L5K 2K7