Wikipedia - Free Ency
Useful Links 2
301 Anthropology, (Cultural anthropology), (Social anthropology), (Physical anthropology), (Archaeology), (Linguistics), (Ethnology), (Ethnography), (Indigenous peoples)
301.45 Afro-Americans - Segregation - Southern States - History, (Jim Crow Laws), Southern States - History - 1865-1951, Southern States - Race relations, (Race discrimination - United States)
301.55 Mass Media, (Popular Culture), (Flash Mob)
302.2 Signs and symbols, Communication
302.23 Mass media, (Mass communication), (Media), (TV), (Magazines), (Radio), (Newspapers)
302.3 Bullying, Bullying - Prevention, (Cyberbullying), Bullies
303.3 Public opinion polls, Quality of life, Social values, Values, (Best employers)
303.6 Terrorism, Terrorists - Biography, (9/11)
304.6 Population, Birthrate, Mortality, Vital statistics, Human fertility, (Death rate), (Mortuary statistics), (Demography), (Birth rate), (Marriage statistics)
305.23 Children, Children and adults, Child development, (Child rearing), (Child abuse), (Child welfare), (Teenagers), (Teenage pregnancy)
305.26 Aging, Retirement, (Senior citizens), (Seniors), (Aged), Elderly, Gerontology, Old age, (Older adults)
305.4 Women, Women - Identity, (Women - History), (Women - Social Conditions)
305.569 Homeless persons
305.896 Blacks, African Americans, (Afro-Americans), (Blacks - United States), (Black History Month), Blacks - Canada, Blacks - Great Britain
307.76 City life, Cities and towns, Urban sociology, (Town life), (Urban life)
314.1 Great Britain - Census, United Kingdom - Census, Great Britain - Statistics, United Kindgom - Statistics, (Scotland - Census), (Northern Ireland - Census)
317.1 Canada - Census, Canada - Statistics
317.3 United States - Census, United States - Statistics
319.4 Australia - Census, Australia - Statistics
320.1 Political science, Political ethics
322.4 Ku Klux Klan, (K.K.K.)
323 Human rights, Civil rights, United States - Civil rights, Blacks - Civil rights, African Americans - Civil rights, (Basic rights)
323.3 Women's rights, Women's movement, Feminism, (Women - Civil rights), (Women - Emancipation), (Women - Equal rights), (Women - Suffrage)
323.44 Freedom of action, Freedom of information, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom of the press, Intellectual freedom, Books - Censorship, (Banned books), (Social justice), (Equality)
323.6 Citizenship, Citizenship - Australia, Citizenship - Canada, Citizenship - United Kingdom, Citizenship - United States, (Passports)
324.271 Political parties - Canada, Conservative Party of Canada, Liberal Party of Canada, New Democratic Party, (Canadian Federal Political Parties)
324.273 Political parties - United States, Democratic Party (U.S.), Republican Party (U.S.), Third Parties (United States politics)
325 Immigrants, Immigration and emigration
326 Underground railroad, Slavery, (Slave trade), Abolitionists, (Abolition of slavery)
327.1 Peace, Peace movement, Arms control, Arms race, (Disarmament)
330.1 Lost and found possessions, (Lost pets), (Lost articles), (Found items)
331 Labor market, (United States - Bureau of Labor Statistics)
331.25 Pensions, Retirement income, Military pensions, Old age pensions, (Social security), (Naval pensions), (War pensions), (Old age insurance), (Compensation), (Survivor's benefits), (Disability benefits), (Children's benefits), (Retirement pension)
331.3 Age and employment, Children - Employment, (Child labor)
331.5 Apprentices, (Employees - Training), (Occupational training), (Labor)
331.7 Occupations, (Jobs), (Careers), (Job search), (Employment), (Trades), Vocational guidance
332.024 Personal finance, Estate planning, Saving and thrift, (Financial planning, Personal), (Finance, Personal), (Budgets, Personal), (Registered Retirement Savings Plans - RRSP), (Registered Retirement Income Fund - RRIF), (Retirement income - Planning), (Tax-Free Savings Account - TFSA)
332.1 Banks and banking, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
332.10971 Banks and banking - Canada
332.10973 Banks and banking - United States
332.4 Money, Coinage, Mints, Paper money, Gold, Inflation (Finance), (Currency), (Standard of value), (Legal tender), Exchange, Foreign exchange, (Exchange rates)
332.63 Stocks, (Stock market), (Stock quotes), Bonds, Mutual funds, Securities, (Investments), (Foreign investments)
332.64 Stock exchange, (Securities exchange)
332.7 Credit cards, Debt, Loans, Mortgages, Consumer credit
332.8 Interest (Economics), Interest rates, (Prime rates)
333.33 Real estate business, Houses - Buying and selling, (Home buying), (Home purchase), (Real property), (Realty), (Apartments), (Rentals)
336.2 Taxation, (Income tax), (IRS), (CRA), (CCRA), (Revenue Canada), (Tax returns), (Taxes)
336.3 Public debts, (Government debts), (National debts)
338 Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, (Home-based business), (Small business), Businesspeople, (Business people), (Self-employed), (Freelancers)
338.1 Farm produce - Marketing, (Farmers markets), (Agricultural products), (Farm crops)
338.4 Consumer goods, (Consumer products), (Merchandise)
338.5 Consumer price indexes, (Cost of living indexes)
338.7 Business enterprises, Corporations (Business organizations), (Businesses), (Firms), (Companies)
338.9 Subsidies, Economic policy, (Grants), (Federal aid), (Business and government), (Economic planning)
340 Law, (Jurisprudence), (Laws), (Statutes), (Case law), (Legal forms), Law - Directories
Governments: (See countries, e.g.: 971 Canada, 973 USA)
341.3 Embassies and consulates, Diplomacy, Diplomatic and consular service, International relations
341.7 Copyright, Fair use (Copyright), (Intellectual property), (Literary property), (International copyright), (Cyberspace law), (Cyberlaw)
345 Trials (Homicide), Criminal law, Trials (Murder), (Manslaughter), (Crime), (Cold case), (Offenses against the person), (War crime trials), (Courts martial and courts of inquiry), (Poisons and poisoning)
345.052 Wiretapping - Law and legislation
346.0434 Landlord and Tenant
346.05 Estate planning, Inheritance and transfer tax, (Tax planning), (Personal finance)
346.4 Trademarks, (Logos), (Company symbols), (Corporate symbols), (Trade marks)
347.053 Class actions
349.71 Law - Canada
349.73 Law - United States
352.230941 Prime ministers - Great Britain
352.230971 Prime ministers - Canada
352.230973 Presidents - United States
353.8 School boards, (Boards of education) - See 371.2 Schools - Administration
355 Military readiness
358.38 Biological warfare, (Bacterial warfare), (Germ warfare)
361.3 Social work, Volunteer work, (Volunteers), (Volunteering)
361.6 Social policy, (Government policy), (National planning), (Social planning)
361.7068 Fund raising, (Fundraising)
361.8 Charities, (Charity organization), (Charitable institutions), (Humanitarianism), (Philanthropy), (Endowments)
362.1 Hospitals, Hospitals - United States
362.2 Mentally ill, (Insane), (Insanity), (Sanity), (Mentally deranged)
362.204251 Emergency and rescue operations, (Acts of Kindness), (Real life heroes), (Rescue)
362.29 Alcoholism, Drug abuse, Substance abuse, (Addiction to alcohol), (Drug addiction), (Marijuana), (Cannabis)
362.4 Handicapped, (Disabled), Deaf, Deafness, Hearing impaired, Physically handicapped, Blind, Blindness, People with visual disabilities
362.7 Child support, Child abuse, Child sexual abuse, Child welfare, Abandoned children, (Deadbeat dads), (Deadbeat moms), (Deadbeat parents)
362.8297 Missing children
363.1 Accidents - Prevention, Safety education, (Safety measures), (Water safety)
363.12 Aircraft accidents, (Aeronautics - Accidents), (Air crashes), (Airplane accidents), (Aviation accidents), (Plane crashes)
363.1251 Drunk driving, (Driving while intoxicated), (Driving under the influence of alcohol)
363.17 Poisons and poisoning, Hazardous substances, (Toxic substances)
363.2 Police, Law enforcement
363.25 Fingerprints, Fingerprints - Identification, Criminal investigation, Criminals - Identification, Forensic sciences
363.28 Secret Service 363.33 Gun control, (Firearms - Law and legislation), (Right to bear arms) 363.34 Disaster relief, (Disaster preparedness), (Emergency preparedness) 363.7 Environment, Environmental protection, Noise pollution, (Pollution - Prevention), (Pollution control), (Conservation movement), (Green movement), (Ecological movement)
363.72 Hazardous wastes, (Toxic wastes)
363.738 Acid rain
363.739 Pollution, Air pollution - Measurement, (Atmosphere - Pollution), Water pollution, (Soil pollution)
364.1 Computer crimes, Impostors and imposture, (Hoaxes), (Charlatans), (Pretenders), (Chain letters)
364.16 Fraud, Credit card crimes, Swindlers and swindling, (Con artists), (Con game)
364.6 Capital punishment, (Death penalty), (Executions), (Hanging)
366 Secret societies
Scouts and scouting, (Boy Scouts), (Girl Scouts), (Girl Guides)
370.19 Foreign study, Foreign students, (College students), (Overseas study), (Study abroad)
371 Schools (K-12), (K12), (Education), (Homework)
371.04 Home schooling, (Home-based education), (Home education), (Home instruction), (Home teaching by parents), (Homeschooling)
371.102 Teaching, (Art of teaching), (Methods of teaching)
371.12 (Teacher qualifications), (Professional qualifications of teachers), (Certification of teachers)
371.2 Schools - Administration, (School management and organization), (Acceptable use policy - AUP)
371.26 Educational tests and measurements, Examinations, Intelligence tests, Psychological tests, Ability - Testing, (Tests), (Achievement tests), (Objective tests), (Educational measurements), (Intelligence testing), (Mental tests), (IQ tests), (I.Q. tests)
371.3 Teaching - Aids and devices, Teaching machines, Programmed instruction, Computer assisted instruction, (Instructional materials), (Teaching materials), (Lesson plans)
See also WebQuests - Web-based lesson plans (Internet activities for educational purposes)
371.3028 Homework, Study skills, (Art of learning), (Method of study), (Study strategies)
371.3344678 Internet-based methods of instruction
371.39 Tutors and tutoring, (Tutorial), (Tutorials), (Learning), (Education at home), (Home instruction), (Courses of study)
371.42 Vocational guidance, (Vocational education), (Career education)
371.7 Safety education, School violence, (Student violence), (School vandalism), (Violence in schools), (Accidents - Prevention)
372 Elementary schools
373 High schools
374 Discussion groups, Voice chat
377.2 Character, Moral education, (Character education)
378 Colleges and universities
378.13 Alumni and alumnae - Directories
378.3 Scholarships, Student aid, Student loan funds, (Bursaries), (Fellowships), (Scholarship funds), (Student financial assistance)
379.158 School standards and accreditation, (Educational standards)
380 Commerce, communications, transportation
380.1 Markets, and 381 Telemarketing (See 658.8 Auctions, Direct selling, Telemarketing, Online bookstores)
380.106 Chamber of commerce, (Boards of trade)
381.13 Franchises (Retail trade)
382 International economic relations, International trade, (International organization), (Internatioal cooperation), (World economics), (Economic planning), (Social policy)
383 Postal service, Postal code, Zip code, Postage stamps, (Mail service), (Post office), Postcards
384 Electronic mail systems (E-mail or email addresses), Telephone (Telephone directories), Video telephone, Chat dictionaries, Data transmission systems, Telecommunication, (Wireless)
384.54 Radio stations, Radio broadcasting, Radio programs, Amateur radio stations, (Ham radio stations), (High-frequency radio), (Citizens band radio)
384.55 Television, Television broadcasting, Public television, Television and youth, Television and children, (Educational television)
387.5 Merchant marine, (Sailors), (Seamen)
388.4 City traffic, Traffic engineering, Local transit, (Street traffic), (Urban traffic), (Highway transportation)
391 Costume, Fashion, Clothing and dress
391.413 Shoes, (Footwear), (Boots)
391.6 Perfumes, Tattooing
392.1 Female circumcision
392.5 Weddings, Marriage customs and rites, (Bridal customs), (Honeymoon)
394.26 Holidays, Festivals, (Christian holidays), (Religious holidays), (Chinese New Year), (Valentine's Day), (Easter), (Halloween), (Veterans' Day), (Thanksgiving Day)
394.268 Christmas, Christmas customs, Christmas cards, Christmas cookies, Christmas decorations, (Santa Claus), (St. Nicholas), (St. Nick), (Xmas)
398 Folklore, (Folk lore), (Folk tales), (Traditions) 398.2 Fables, Fairy tales, Legends, Urban legends (Hoaxes)
398.22 Arthurian romances, Grail, (King Arthur), (Holy Grail), (Arthur, King - Romances), (Knights of the Round Table)
398.24 Mythical animals, Animals - Folklore, Dragons, (Monsters)
398.8 Nursery rhymes
How Rich People
by Steve Siebold
Think and Grow Rich:
The Landmark Bestseller
by Napoleon Hill
The Richest Man
by George S. Clason
The Index Card:
Why Personal Finance Doesn't
Have to Be Complicated
by Helaine Olen
and Harold Pollack
Success Habits of
by Thomas C. Corley
You're So Money:
Even When You're Not
by Farnoosh Torabi
Foreword by Jim Cramer
Rich Dad Poor Dad:
What the Rich Teach Their Kids
About Money That the Poor
and Middle Class Do Not!
by Robert T. Kiyosaki
of the Millionaire Mind:
Mastering the Inner
Game of Wealth
by T. Harv Eker
Why NOW Is the Time
to Cash In
on Your Passion
by Gary Vaynerchuk
The guilt-free approach to
managing your money and your life
by Shannon Lee Simmons
4 Habits of Millionaires That Work for Everyone by Timothy Sykes. 1. Millionaires work hard. 2. Millionaires have clear goals. 3. Millionaires are willing to fail. 4. Millionaires have successful mentors.
5 Steps to Reduce Your Debt: Do-it-Yourself Debt Reduction from Credit.com, Oct. 17, 2013.
6 Money Lessons Your Parents Taught You That Were Plain Wrong by Jackie Lam, Chime, November 13, 2018.
7 Habits of Self-Made Millionaires by Stephanie Vozza. "Most millionaires aren't born; they're self-made."
8 Essential Documents for Estate Planning by Marilyn Lewis, Money Talks News, March 30, 2017.
9 Smart Habits of Real Millionaire Entrepreneurs by AllBusiness Editors. Nine millionaires and their habits. Highly Effective Habits: 1. Start Every Day Before Sunrise. 2. Read Every Day. 3. Step Outside Your Comfort Zone. 4. Get 2 Hours of Peace Every Weekend. 5. Stay Frugal. 6. Work While Working Out. 7. Never Stop Learning. 8. Stay Motivated. 9. Do a Good Deed Every Day.
10 Characteristics of Debt Free People by Emma Gieble, Smart Asset.
10 Silly and Ineffective Ways to Save Money by Emmet Pierce, MoneyTalksNews, February 21, 2018. Everyone wants to save money, but not everyone succeeds. That's because many people choose methods of saving that simply don't work. 1. Making minimum payments on credit card bills ...
The 13 Best Personal Finance Blogs You Should be Following by Laurie Campbell, Credit Canada, April 11, 2018.
31 Quick and Dirty Tips to Get Your Finances in Shape for 2017 by Melanie Lockert, Student Loan Hero, February 1, 2019.
360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation's Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills.
The Canada Savings Bonds Program.
Canadian Financial Literacy Database from Government of Canada. Find resources, events, tools and information on budgeting, money management, insurance, saving, investing, and taxes from various Canadian organizations. See also Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) which provides you with the knowledge you need to make decisions about finances that are right for you.
Financial Tools and Calculators from Government of Canada. Tools to help you choose a bank account and credit card, including budget and mortgage calculators.
Debt Snowball vs. Debt Avalanche - Which Way to Go? By Dominique Broadway, Best Student Loans. Many of us made the decision to attend college and are now stuck with difficult-to-handle student loan debt. There are several ways to pay them off or even have them forgiven. The two most commonly used repayment strategies would be the debt snowball and debt avalanche methods. Read on to discover the difference between the two, and learn which strategy would be most effective for your circumstances.
● Debt Snowball by Julia Kagan, Investopedia, Mar. 31, 2018. "Debt snowball is a method of debt repayment in which the debtor lists each of his/her debts from smallest to largest (not including the mortgage), then devotes extra money each month to paying off the smallest debt first while making only minimum monthly payments on all of the other debts."
● Debt Snowball Calculator from Financial Mentor. Find the fastest way to pay off debt. This debt snowball calculator accelerates your debt payoff by using the "rollover" method.
● Debt Avalanche Definition by Carla Tardi, Investopedia, Aug. 17, 2019. "A debt avalanche is a type of accelerated debt repayment plan. Once the debt with the highest interest rate is entirely paid off, then the extra repayment funds go toward the next-highest interest-bearing loan. This system continues until all the debts are paid off."
● Financial Calculators from CreditUnion.gov. Use these tools to forecast and assess your financial choices.
● Canadian Retirement Income Calculator from the Government of Canada. The Canadian Retirement Income Calculator will provide you with retirement income information. This includes the Old Age Security (OAS) pension and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement benefits.
● Investment Calculators from Calculator.net. Investing is the act of using money to make more money. The Investment Calculator can help determine one of many different variables concerning investments with a fixed rate of return.
● Credit Card Calculators.
● Debt Management Calculators.
● Mortgage Calculators.
● PERC - (Personal Enhanced Retirement Calculator) from Morneau Shepell. PERC lets you calculate how much income you can draw from all of your financial assets in retirement. It is based on the ideas in the book entitled Retirement Income for Life: Getting More Without Saving More by Frederick Vettese. The target audience includes anyone between 50 and 80 who is within 10 years of retirement or already retired.
● Personal Finance Calculators.
● Retirement Cash Flow Calculator from Get Smarter About Money.
● Return on Investment Calculator.
● Savings Calculators.
● Financial Calculators from Scotiabank.
● TFSA Calculator from Scotiabank.
● TFSA Calculator from Globe and Mail.
● TFSA vs RRSP Calculator from TaxTips.ca.
● RRSP Calculator
● The Scotiabank® RESP Reality Check
● What's an RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) & How It Works by Andrew Goldman of Wealthsimple. RESPs are tax-advantaged accounts designed to help Canadians save for higher education. RESP funds can be invested in countless ways and if they are spent on higher-education related tuition or expenses, no investment gains in the account will be subject to income taxes.
Topics covered: What is a Registered Education Savings Plan? Benefits of RESPs; Limitations of RESPs; RESP contribution limit; RESP withdrawal rules; How to open an RESP.
In 1998, the Canadian government introduced the Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG), a program that promised to match 20% of any RESP contributions up to $2,500 per account, per child, per year. Regardless of a family's income, no child can collect more than $7,200 from the CESG.
● RRIF/LIF/LRIF/RLIF Illustration.
● Personal Net Worth Calculator from TD Canada Trust.
● Net Worth Calculator from Bankrate.com. This net worth calculator helps determine your net worth. It also estimates how net worth could grow or decline over the next 10 years.
● What are you worth? Networth Calculator from CNN. Periodically calculating your net worth - the value of your assets minus your liabilities - is the best way to measure and track your financial well-being.
● What Is My Net Worth? from Sun Life Financial.
● Net Worth Calculator from TD Canadat Trust.
● What Is Your Net Worth? from Bankrate.com.
● What is my current net worth? From CalcXML.
● Your net worth calculator from Money Smart, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Financial Advisors: How to Choose & the Cost by Michael Allen, CIM, Wealthsimple. A financial advisor is anyone you pay to help you manage your money, especially as it relates to retirement goals. This could be a stockbroker, an accountant, a retirement specialist in your company HR department ... anyone. It's a generic term. Contents: What does a financial advisor do? Do I need a financial advisor? How to find and choose a financial advisor; Financial advisor cost; Financial planner vs. financial advisor vs. robo-advisor; Questions to ask a financial advisor; What is an online financial advisor?
Financial Planning: Complete Guide to Personal Finance and Financial Success from About.com.
Get Smarter About Money provided for informational purposes only by Ontario Securities Commission. Investing Basics. Planning Your Future. Investor Protection Initiatives. Protect Your Money. Plus numerous calculators and tools:
1. RRSP Savings Calculator
2. Compound Interest Calculator
3. Pay Down Debt or Invest Calculator
4. RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) Savings Calculator
5. Pay Off Credit Cards & Debt Calculator
6. Investment Policy Statement Blueprint
7. Portfolio Benchmark Calculator
8. Net Worth Calculator
9. TFSA (Tax-Free Savings Account) Calculator
10. Investment Recovery Calculator
11. Mutual Fund Fee Calculator
12. Retirement Ready Quiz, and more.
Glossary from Get Smarter About Money, Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). Need a definition? From A - Z: Accidental death insurance ... Yield curve.
Guide to Smarter Financial Decisions from MoneyGeek. Smarter financial decisions for retirement, protecting your assets, life, your education, daily spending, and buying a house. Free financial tools, calculators, and resources to simplify choices for your money and your future. Includes: Cost of Living Calculator, Refinance Calculator, Mortgage Payments Calculator, FHA vs. Conventional Loan Calculator (FHA=Federal Housing Administration), Calculating Your Reverse Mortgage Potential.
How much money you have to save each month to be a millionaire by age 67 (starting at age 23, 30, 35 or 40), by Kathleen Elkins, CNBC, Apr 17, 2018.
How to Do an Annual Financial Checkup from About.com. Identify your goals, Evaluate changes in your personal situation, Protect your assets, Review your will and your estate plan, Evaluate your investment performance, Evaluate your debts, Reduce your income taxes, Review your retirement plans, plus Links to related articles.
How to Get Out of Debt for Good Using These 7 Powerful Tips from Debt Reviews. This page has some useful information such as the meaning of Debt Consolidation, Debt Settlement, Credit Scores, etc. explained in plain English. Be cautious and do not go into further debt unnecessarily. 1. How to Get Out of Debt by Jumpstarting with Your Credit Cards. 2. Fixing Your Credit Score Fast. 3. How to Legally Get Rid of Your Student Loans. 4. The Only Credit Card You'll Ever Need. 5. How to Get Out of Debt by Saving 52% on Your Energy Bill (Each Month). 6. Little Tricks to Saving Money Every Day. 7. Find Scholarships to Avoid Student Loan Debt.
● How to Stay Out of Debt: Warren Buffett - Financial Future of American Youth (1999). YouTube video, 59:39 min.
Published on May 2, 2013 by The Film Archives. "Buffett became a billionaire on paper when Berkshire Hathaway began selling class A shares on May 29, 1990, when the market closed at $7,175 a share."
● How to Manage Your Debt in Retirement from YourMoney Seniors, Canadian Bankers Association (CBA), November 2, 2017.
● Borrowing Money - Students. I want to learn more about borrowing from Canadian Bankers Association (CBA).
● Talking to kids about money: An age-appropriate guide by Shannon Lee Simmons, Genymoneyadviser Q&A, Special to the Globe and Mail, 25 Mar 2018.
Ages 4-6: Introduction to money
Ages 6-9: Introduce allowance
Ages 10-15: Pre-adult money years
Article provides tools and activities that will help children to understand the value of a dollar and that money doesn't grow on trees.
IG Wealth Management - Living Plan Webinar Series. If you miss a webinar, click this link to retrieve it "On Demand". Select one or more of the webcasts and complete registration. Click any webcast listing to view its details.
Loan Calculator and Line of Credit Calculator from CIBC. Calculator works for loan amount between $3,000 and $75,000.
mint.com. The simplest and most effective way to manage your money. Free Personal Finance Software, Online Money Management, Budget Planner and Financial Planning.
Money from AARP - American Association of Retired Persons. See also Budgeting and Saving, Estate Planning, Scams and Fraud, Retirement Planning, Social Security.
Money Essentials from CNNMoney. Financial advice in 23 lessons. Free Web sites that give you an instant big picture on your saving, spending and retirement portfolio.
MoneyPages Calculators and Guides from MoneyPages. Calculators include: SmartPlanner, Net Worth Worksheet, Basic Retirement Calculator, CPP and OAS Optimzer, RRSP RRIF Converter, RRIF Withdrawal Calculator, Savings Growth Calculator, Income Tax Calculators, Mortgage Planner, Property Sale Calculator, Cost of Education Calculator, Auto Loan Calculator, Auto Depreciation Calculator, RESP Calculator, DebtPlanner, Credit Card Repayment Calculator, Basic Loan Calculator, Estate Planning.
Power of Attorney and Living Wills from Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General. Free download of Power of Attorney Kit in PDF: Powers of Attorney - Forms for Continuing Power of Attorney for Property and Power of Attorney for Personal Care.
Personal Finance from GlobeInvestor, Globe and Mail. News and expert tips on how to make money and save money.
Premium Calculator from Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). The CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance premium is calculated as a percentage of the loan and is based on the size of your down payment. Effective June 1, 2015, mortgage loan insurance premium for homebuyers with less than a 10% down payment will increase by approximately 15%. See: FAQs - CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance
RRIF Minimum Withdrawal. Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) - Annual Minimum Withdrawal Percentage Chart from CIBC Wood Gundy. Any time before the end of the year you turn 71, RRSPs must be converted to RRIFs. There is a minimum annual withdrawal required each year based on the value of the RRIF and the plan holder's age (or spouse's age). The minimum amount that must be withdrawn each year is equal to the market value of the RRIF at the beginning of the year, multiplied by a specific percentage.
● RRIF Withdrawal Calculator from Get Smarter About Money, Ontario Securities Commission (OSC).
What is an RRSP & How Does It Work? By Andrew Goldman of Wealthsimple. RRSP is an acronym for "registered retirement savings plan." Topics covered include: RRSP contribution limit; TFSA vs RRSP; Over contribution to RRSPs; RRSP Home Buyers Plan.
Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) program began in 2009. It is a way for individuals who are 18 and older and who have a valid social insurance number to set money aside tax-free throughout their lifetime. Contributions to a TFSA are not deductible for income tax purposes.
● Investment income earned in a TFSA is tax-free.
● Withdrawals from a TFSA are tax-free.
● Unused TFSA contribution room is carried forward and accumulates in future years ...
For a brief up-to-date summary of the TFSA, see Tax-Free Savings Account from Wikipedia.
● Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) by Andrew Goldman of Wealthsimple. A Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) is a registered investment or savings account that allows for tax free gains. The amount of money that can be contributed to a TFSA is limited each year ($6000 in 2020). A TFSA can be used for any savings goal and withdrawals can be made free of tax. Topics covered: How Does a TFSA work? TFSA Contribution Limit by Year, from 2009-2019 (see chart), TFSA Investment Options, TFSA Rules, TFSA vs RRSP, Opening a TFSA.
Comparing TFSAs and RRSPs from Get Smarter About Money, Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). Top 6 differences between TFSAs and RRSPs. TFSA Calculator. RRSP Savings Calculator.
Where Does All My Money Go? By Paula Pant. You Don't Think You Spend Lavishly. So Where is Your Money Going?
ATM Locations - Search Systems: Directory: U.S. Nationwide / Banking, Search Systems: Directory: Canada Nationwide / Banking, includes Airport Cash Machines, Master Card ATM Locator - U.S., Canada, International - Search by Country / City / Address, Master Card ATM Locator - Search by Airport.
ATM Locator - VISA. Find ATM locations closest to you. Select a region and/or country, enter name of city, zip or postal code. Site will provide a detailed map indicating all the locations closest to your stated address. Also available is a list of Airport ATMs for airports around the world complete with terminal diagrams. See also ATM Locator - MasterCard and the nearest Express Cash ATM for American Express.
Islamic Banking and Finance from Wikipedia.
About Canadian Banks - from About.com.
● Bank of Canada
● Bank of Montreal (BMO), BMO Bank of Montreal Branch Locator, BMO ATM/ABM Locator (Automatic Banking Machines)
● Business Development Bank of Canada
● Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
● Find out: CIBC Ripoff - How CIBC rips you off with your LOC interest payments.
● CIBC Branches and ATMs Locations
● Citizens Bank of Canada
● HSBC - Canada [Origin of HSBC = Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation],
● Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Canada) from Wikipedia. "Formerly the Bank of East Asia (Canada), was founded in 1991; it was the Canadian unit of The Bank of East Asia Group or BEA in Hong Kong."
● Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) from Wikipedia.
● ICBC - China.
● Intesa Bank Canada [Merger between two leading European banks: Banca Intesa and Banca Commerciale Italiana (BCI), completed in May 2001. On November 14, 2001, BCI Bank changed its name to IntesaBci Canada. On May 1, 2003, IntesaBci Canada changed its name to Intesa Bank Canada. On May 31, 2004, Intesa Bank Canada was sold to HSBC Bank Canada.
● National Bank of Canada
● National Bank of Canada Branches, Automated Banking Machines
● Royal Bank (RBC Financial Group)
● RBC Royal Bank Branch & ATM Locator
● Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)
● Scotiabank Branch ABM Locator
● State Bank of India (Canada)
● Tangerine. Formerly ING DIRECT.
● TD Canada Trust - Find a Branch or an ATM Near You. Input a street, city, province, postal code or transit #.
● TD Canada Trust (Toronto-Dominion Bank)
On February 1, 1955, the Bank of Toronto and the Dominion Bank merged to create the Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank).
Canada Trust was formerly an independent company, founded in London, Ontario in 1864 as Huron and Erie Savings and Loan Society.
In 1989, following its merger with Canada Permanent, Canada Trust became the 6th largest financial institution in Canada.
In 2000, Canada Trust was acquired by TD Bank. In 2000-2001, Canada Trust merged with TD to form TD Canada Trust.
● TD Canada Trust Branch / Green Machine Locator
● Canadian Credit Union Branches and ATMs Locator
CIBC Ripoff - How CIBC rips you off with your LOC interest payments:
"If you have a personal Line of Credit (LOC) with CIBC, do you ever wonder why the monthly interest due does not show up in your account on the day that it is due? That's because CIBC will be charging you interest on the interest that you did not pay on the day your monthly interest was due.
Example: Today is Fri. Sept. 9, 2011, interest was due on Sept. 7, but I don't know the exact amount due as it does not show in my LOC account online, so I cannot pay. (If you pay an estimated amount early, prior to the due date, any amount you pay WILL NOT COUNT towards interest payment for the month. Also, if you go over your LOC limit by even a penny, you will be charged $20 of Over the Limit fee.)
On Mon. Sept. 12, 2011, the interest amount due will show up in the account 5 days late, but it will be pre-dated to Sept. 7 on the system, so it looks like CIBC had notified you of the amount due 5 days earlier on Sept. 7. Now if on Mon. Sept. 12, you pay the entire amount due, you are 5 days late already, so, next month, you will be owing more interest on the interest amount due that you did not pay on time. If I wait for CIBC to send me the monthly statement before paying, the statement will arrive 10-14 days after the due date.
Your CIBC LOC interest due dates may vary from month to month. It is rarely due on the date stated in your contract with CIBC, such as the 6th day of the month. It took a while to figure out exactly when my CIBC LOC interest is due. It is actually due on the first Thursday of every month IF in that month there are only 4 Thursdays. If there are 5 Thursdays in the month, then my interest is due on the 7th day of the month after the first Thursday of the 5 Thursdays. Example: CIBC LOC Interest Due Dates for 2011 are: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, Mar. 7, Apr. 7, May 5, June 7, July 7, Aug. 4, Sep. 7, Oct. 6, Nov. 3, and Dec. 7, 2011.
To avoid paying extra interest on interest, you need to pay an estimated amount immediately on the day after the interest due date, even though you cannot see the due day nor the amount due in your account online. By the way, I have complained to CIBC numerous times about being ripped off by CIBC. CIBC Customer Service escalated the complaint to the Ombudsman. His explanation: There is nothing CIBC can do because that's the way the system was set up more than 12 years ago. So, the rip-off continues."
Bank of Canada. Bank Notes, Bank Rate, Exchange Rate Converter, Inflation Calculator
● Canada's New Polymer Notes. Starting in November 2011, the Bank of Canada will be introducing new polymer bank notes into circulation.
The $100 bill will be introduced on November 14, 2011, followed by the $50 bill in March 2012. The remaining denominations will be issued on polymer by the end of 2013. The new notes will have a different look and feel, along with some new security features that will make them easier to verify and more difficult to counterfeit.
Polymer notes are also better for the environment. They last at least 2.5 times longer than paper-based notes and will be recycled, lowering replacement costs and environmental impact.
● Phasing out the Penny. Round Up or Down applies to Cash Payments only, not to Cheque or Credit Card/Debit Card Payments.
As of Feb. 4, 2013, Canadian Banks, e.g. TD Canada Trust, will no longer issue pennies, but will accept pennies for deposits/payments. Cash-back will round up to nearest nickel.
Example: Round Down: $1.01 or $1.02 = $1.00, $1.06 or $1.07 = $1.05
Round Up: $1.03 or $1.04 = $1.05, $1.08 or $1.09 = $1.10.
● Bank of Canada interest rates, from 1935 to present
● Canada Interest Rate from Trading Economics.
● Rates and Statistics
● Canada Savings Bonds Program
● Financial Markets
● Canadian Interest Rates (past 10 years)
● Policy on the Reimbursement of Contaminated or Mutilated Canadian Bank Notes
● A History of the Canadian Dollar by James Powell.
● Unclaimed Bank Accounts: Bank of Canada: Unclaimed Balances - Search for an Unclaimed Balance, FAQ, How to Claim.
● Unclaimed Balances Search Facility for lost or forgotten bank accounts due to inactivity.
Banks in Canada | Overview & Guide to Top 10 Banks in Canada by Balakrushna Padhy, Wall Street Mojo. Canada - Banking Systems - Structures of Banks in Canada.
Canadian Bankers Association. Banks in Canada. Site includes: Information Booklets, Fast Facts, Statistics, Speeches, Canadian Banker Magazine, and Financial Calculators. See also:
● Banking History Quiz. CBA is turning 125 in 2017. Canada's first bank opened on Nov. 3, 1817, do you know which bank that was? Take the quiz to find out more about the history of Canadian banks.
● 10-Year Currency Convertor - Bank of Canada Exchange Rates, Rates & Statistics
● Cost of Borrowing Calculator
● Credit Card Cost Calculator - The true cost of paying the minimum from Bankrate.com.
● Daily Currency Convertor
● Financial Service Charges Calculator
● Inflation Calculator.
List of banks and credit unions in Canada from Wikipedia. Credit Union Locator.
Banks and Banking. Title 12 of United States Code. Legal aspects of banks and banking plus rules, forms, appendices, and other additional material.
Banks in Canada. List of banks in Canada from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The best online banks in the U.S. from Bankrate.com.
List of largest banks in the United States from Wikipedia.
Money Cafe - United States. Topics include: Bank Directory, ATM Locators, Online Payment Systems, Banking Library, Savings Calculators, Loan Calculators, Banking Glossaries, and Banking Links.
* Current Exchange Rates from LikeForex. Currency Converter - Spot market exchange rates update every 15 minutes.
50 State Quarters Program from United States Mint.
101 Slang Terms for Money by Len Penzo.
The Bank of Canada Complete Bank Note Series from Bank of Canada Museum.
● Farewell to the Currency Museum c. 1980 by Graham Iddon, June 21, 2013.
● Why we are not the Currency Museum (And no, we're still not the Mint!) by: Graham Iddon, December 1, 2016.
● The National Currency Collection contains some 100,000 items consisting of coins, tokens and paper money.
Bank of Canada - Annual Exchange Rates.
● Historical Noon and Closing Rates from Bank of Canada. Last update 28 April 2017.
● Daily Exchange Rates from Bank of Canada.
● Currency Converter for Canadian or U.S. Dollars for past 10 years Select date range (search by countries, from Argentine pesos to Venezuelan bolivars), Search Monthly Averages for past 10 years, and Latest US$/CAN$ Closing Rates. Note: Effective 1 January 2007, the euro replaces the Slovenia Tolar.
● Read about the important role of The Exchange Rate in Canada's economy.
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). U.S. Department of the Treasury. Contents include: U.S. Currency - U.S. dollar bills from $1.00 to $100.00. See also U.S. Banknotes.
Canadian Currency. Learn about Canadian currency - foreign exchange rates, bank notes, coins and counterfeits, from About.com: Canada Online.
Coin and Conscience: Popular Views of Money, Credit and Speculation - 16th through 19th Centuries from Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School. Digital access to all 70 items described in the exhibition catalog.
Colonial Currency from University of Notre Dame, IN. See photos of original paper money, some printed, some handwritten. Currency examples are arranged alphabetically by Colonies/ States (1709 to 1790) followed by Continental Currency (1775-1779), Colonial Lottery Tickets (1744-1782), and Colonial Fiscal Documents (1777-1790).
Counterfeiting Prevention from Bank of Canada. See also: Security Features from Bank of Canada. Hover and click to interact with the embedded security features found in Canada's Polymer series.
● Security Features in Euro Banknotes. How can you tell if they are genuine?
● Security features - Europa series €100 banknote from European Central Bank.
● List of Security Features from Reserve Bank of Australia. Australian banknotes are printed on polymer, a type of plastic, and they have a distinctive feel. Polymer banknotes were developed to make our currency more difficult to counterfeit.
Department of the Treasury: The Learning Vault. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about Production and Circulation of United States Currency Notes, plus Portraits and Designs on Currency Notes, Denominations, Buying, Selling and Redeeming Currency Notes, and Legal Tender Status of Currency Notes.
Gold - Frequently Asked Questions from Baird & Co. London. Can I buy over the counter from you? Do you base your buying / selling prices on the current gold price? Can you store my gold for me? Will you buy back my coins and bars? How do I sell gold back to you? How do I know that my coins and bars are genuine? and other Q & A.
How To Tell If Gold Is Real from BullionByPost The UK's No.1 Online Bullion Dealer. Test its size and weight. Magnet Test. Testing gold by its sound. Ceramic Test. Nitric Acid Test.
How to Invest in Gold Bullion? The Ultimate Guide to Gold Investment from BullionByPost.
Top 10 Countries with Largest Gold Reserves/a> from Forbes, Jul 5, 2018. Frank Holmes, Contributor. Beginning in 2010, central banks around the world turned from being net sellers of gold to net buyers of gold. In 2017, official sector activity rose 36% to 366 tonnes - a substantial increase from 2016.
History of Money from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The History of Money from About.com.
How Much Is That Measuring Worth. Measures of Worth by two University Professors of Economics: Lawrence H. Officer and Samuel H. Williamson. Comparative value between the past and today. Contents include:
● How much is that worth today? Comparing the purchasing power of money in the United States (or colonies) from 1665 to 2007.
● Purchasing Power of British Pounds from 1264 to 2007.
● Annual Inflation Rates in the United States, 1775 - 2007, and United Kingdom, 1265 - 2007.
● The Price of Gold, 1257-2007.
● Exchange rate between the United States dollar and 40 other countries, from Measuring Worth.
● What was the interest rate then? Interest rate series for the United Kingdom and the United States, e.g. UK: Long-Term Interest Rate 1729-2007.
How to Detect Counterfeit Money: 8 Ways to Tell If a Bill Is Counterfeit by Jason Rueger, FitSmallBusiness.com.
Inflation Conversion Factors for Dollars 1774 to Estimated 2027 by Robert Sahr, Political Science Department, Oregon State University. Find out Movie Ticket Prices from various years, Pay of Presidents and Members of Congress, Price of Gasoline 1949 to 1999, Price of Gold 1835 to 1999, Millionaires Then and Now, etc. in Current Dollars.
Know Your Money. A United States Currency Education Program. Guide includes technical information on the security and design features of the current-design $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 notes.
Know Your Money 1939 US Secret Service; Detecting Counterfeit Bills; Lowell Thomas. Published May 6, 2015 by Jeff Quitney. "Department of the Treasury. U.S. Secret Service... On methods of detecting counterfeit coins and bills. Examines common errors in spurious bills and describes kinds of bills (U.S. Notes, Silver Certificates, Federal Reserve Notes). Dramatizes the apprehension of counterfeiters through the alertness of a grocer who receives a bogus bill. Shows the Treasury Building in Washington, DC and geometric lathes and presses used in printing money." Narrated by Lowell Thomas.
Money Matters. Brief summary about money in Canada, Canadian Bank Notes, Canadian Coins, Tipping, and Examples of prices for services and goods (in Vancouver area).
The New Color of Money. Safer. Smarter. More Secure.
OANDA: The Currency Site. OANDA = Olsen & Associates, O and A, for short. Site provides currency conversion information and services to travelers, investors and businesses worldwide. Currency Converter is a free, current, real time, online service covering 164 currencies. A Travelers Currency Cheat Sheet provides a quick conversion from one currency to another. Choice of conversion by amount, your specified date, and selected countries. You can get the OANDA currency Cheat Sheet with the exchange rate on any day from January 1, 1990 through today. Available in English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, Portugues, Espanol, and Svenska.
Penn World Table: International Comparisons of Production, Income and Prices. Select countries from A-Z for comparison. Comparative data include: Population, Exchange Rate, Purchasing Power Parity over GDP, Real Gross Domestic Product per Capita, Ratio of GNP to GDP, and more. PWT 8.1 is an updated version of PWT 8.0, covering the same countries and period. Released on: April 13, 2015.
Timeline of Money . From Timelines of History.
Tom Chao's Paper Money Gallery. The World of Paper Money. World Bank Notes. Samples of paper money from many countries.
The United States Mint - Fact Sheets: History of Regular Issue United States Coin Denominations, Composition of the Cent, Presidents on U.S. Coins, Lincoln's Best Side, In God We Trust, Why is the Flip Side 'Flipped'? Men & Women on Coins, Why Do Some Coins Have Grooves on the Edges? United States Bullion Depository Fort Knox, Kentucky, and more. Take a Virtual Mint Tour to see how coins are made.
Universal Currency Converter from XE, a currency and foreign exchange (fx, or forex) site.
Where's George? Where is My Money tracking site in U.S.A.
● Where's George? from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
● Where's Willy? in Canada.
● EuroBillTracker (EBT) is an international non-profit volunteer team dedicated to tracking Euro notes around the world.
● SEK Tracker. Find out where a Swedish bill has been before you got it, or where it ends up next.
● Currency bill tracking from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
● These money tracking sites will track your money if you enter the serial numbers. See how far a bill has traveled, just for fun.
XE.com - The Universal Currency Converter. Allows you to perform interactive foreign exchange rate conversion on the Internet instantly.
The Little Book of
Common Sense Investing:
The Only Way to Guarantee
Your Fair Share
of Stock Market Returns
by John C. Bogle
The Intelligent Investor:
The Definitive Book
on Value Investing.
A Book of Practical Counsel
(Collins Business Essentials)
A Beginner's Guide
How to Grow
and Easy Way
The Wealthy Barber Returns:
and Marginally Wiser,
David Chilton Offers
His Unique Perspectives
on the World of Money
7 Ways to Earn Passive Income some ideas on how to earn money passively from Engineer Mommy.
● The 19 Best Ways to Generate Passive Income in 2020 by Michael Dinich, Your Money Geek.
10 Best Stocks to Hold Forever (Part One)
10 Best Stocks to Hold Forever (Part Two) by StockGumshoe. See also: The Best Stocks to Hold for a Lifetime by Jim Royal, March 3, 2011.
20 Investments: Introduction from Forbes Investopedia. "...as most successful investors will tell you, diversification is king. A diversified portfolio not only reduces unwanted risk, but also contributes to a winning portfolio..."
Stock Market Game. FREE to play Stock Market Simulator from Investopedia. This game includes a section for High School Students. "Compete, Risk Free with $100,000 in Virtual Cash. Start with $100,000 in virtual cash and put your trading skills to the test! (Virtual cash is in USD only and cannot be used to trade in Canadian stocks). Compete with thousands of Investopedia traders and trade your way to the top! Connect with over 700,000 worldwide. Interact with other traders from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and learn the methods behind their trades to become a better investor. A Stepping Stone to the Real Markets - Submit trades in a virtual environment before you start risking your own capital. Test Your Skills With Trading Challenges. Compete to see who has the best investment results daily."
2020 and 2021 Stock Market Holidays - Stock Markets Closed. Canadian Holidays and U.S. Holidays..
2020 and 2021 Schedule Calendar, Stock Market Holidays. New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Holidays in United States.
ADVFN - Advanced Financial Network. Free stock quotes, stock charts, market news and streaming real-time share prices. FOREX and OFEX quotes are live. NYSE and AMEX quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes. All other quotes are delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.
All Penny Stocks.com - Micro Cap and Small Cap Stocks. A website devoted to Canadian and American Stocks and Penny Stocks. Site also offers weekly write-ups of financial news, weekly penny stocks to watch, daily top 50 penny stocks info, technical analysis, and more.
Alternative Minimum Tax 101 - Guide to the AMT from Tax Guide for Investors. Includes: Top 10 Things that Cause AMT Liability, AMT and Long-Term Capital Gain, Claiming AMT Credit - You may be able to claim AMT credit from exercising an incentive stock option even if you haven't sold the shares.
AmericanBulls Stock Scan for North American Stock Markets with Candlestick Analysis. Site gives you an idea when to WAIT before buying a stock, when to HOLD, BUY CONFIRMED, BUY - IF, SELL - IF, or SELL CONFIRMED based on technical analysis using candlesticks. Read Daily Commentary for explanation. To find the correct ticker symbol quickly, go to right side of screen at your choice of Index, select from A-Z list.
● U.S. and Canadian Stock Market Indices
● Dow Jones Industrial
● New York Composite Index (NYSE)
● AMEX Composite Index
● NASDAQ Composite Index
● NASDAQ OTC 100 Index
● S & P 500 Index
● Russell 2000 Index
● TSE 300 Composite Index (TSX)
● S&P TSE 60 Index
● S&P CDNX Composite Index - Canadian Venture Exchange.
Ameritrade - TD Ameritrade.
Annual Report on Annual Reports from Report Watch by e.com. Report ratings - A-Z list.
Average Stock Price Calculator from EMT Investing. Excellent software! Select the TRANSACTION COSTS tab. Enter the commission costs and fees you pay. Select the CALCULATOR tab. SELECT SECURITY to select the stock. Click ADD NEW PURCHASE button to add more purchases. You can add numerous purchases of the same stock/equity over a long period of time to find the average cost per share, with or without Commission Charges. Read Terms and Conditions of Use. "Use this tool to determine the average price for of a series of purchases. This is useful to evaluate an average-up or average-down strategy. The tool supports fractional shares so it can also be used to examine the results of a series of purchases made from dividend reinvestment or using a dollar cost averaging strategy."
Barchart.com. Includes Stocks, ETFs, Options, Futures, Forex, Crypto, News, Dashboard, and more.
Best Trading Platforms in Canada - 2020 Guide by Andrew Goldman, Wealthsimple. A trading platform is an online account that allows you to sell and buy stocks and other assets in exchange for a fee or commission. In this article, some of the main online brokerages that operate in Canada are compared. Comparison includes key features, account types, and pricing.
Beware of Foreign Currency Trading Frauds - FOREX Advisory States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which warns consumers of various kinds of frauds in today's financial markets.
Bloomberg.com. Top financial and world news, stock market update and quotes (NYSE/AMEX delayed 20 min., NASDAQ delayed 15 min.), rates and bonds, currencies, commodities, technology, US economy, free weekday e-mail report on top stories.
BMO InvestorLine. Online brokerage from Bank of Montreal.
● #1 online brokerage - Morningstar Awards 2014©, 2013, 2014, 2015.
● #1 online brokerage - Surviscor, 2013, 2014.
● #1 mobile brokerage service - Surviscor, 2015.
● #1 bank-owned online brokerage - The Globe and Mail, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
● Top Discount Brokerage - Best Overall - MoneySense, 2014, 2015.
BMO Investorline: Making Money Make Sense Video 7:30 min. Tina Di Vito [DeVito], CA, CFP, TEP, CPCA, Head of BMO Retirement Institute, explains how income tax can impact your earnings from these 3 types of investments: Interest Income, Dividends, and Capital Gains.
Brokers Survey: The Globe and Mail's 17th annual online broker ranking by Rob Carrick, Globe and Mail, Published Dec. 4, 2015.
● Canadian Online Brokerage Analysis and MoneySense Magazine Review from Surviscor.
● Canadian Online Discount Stock Brokerage Comparison 2016 by FrugalTrader, July 1, 2015.
Canada Business Registries. Find businesses within Canada, including Active and Inactive Businesses.
Other investment related sites:
● Toronto Stock Exchange
● Montreal Exchange
● NEX Board
● Canadian IPOs
● US Stocks from CNN Business.
● Canada's Best Online Brokers 2018 by Jonathan Chevreau, Money Sense, May 22, 2018. Qtrade Investor is Canada's best overall online brokerage in 2018.
● Mutual Funds from Globe and Mail.com Markets.
● Tax Treatment of Income From Investments in Income Trusts from TaxTips.ca.
● Annual Report: Free Annual Company Reports Service from Nasdaq.
● Stock Market Activity Today from Nasdaq. Find the latest stock market activity and compare performance of key indexes, including Nasdaq Composite, Nasdaq-100, Dow Jones Industrial and Treasury.
Canada.com. Business Headlines, Key Numbers, Stock Centre, Mutual Funds, Commodities & Futures, Personal Finance Tools, Basic Savings Calculator, RRSP Calculator, RESP Calculator, Investment Calculator, RRSP vs. Non-RRSP, Financial Post, FP Market Data, Currency Converter, Loans & Savings, Great Canadian Icons, Gallery: Money 101, Business News Briefs.
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) - Investor Information. Includes: Investing and the Internet: Be Alert to Signs of Fraud, The Basics of Investing, Ten Tips to Help Safeguard Your Money, Investor Education for Kids, and more.
CBS MarketWatch. Provides fast breaking news, with award-winning data, tools, research and charts.
CIBC Investor's Edge. Canadian and U.S. Equity and Option Trades.
Convert Your Paper Savings Bonds Using SmartExchange from TreasuryDirect, the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form. SmartExchange allows TreasuryDirect account owners to convert their Series E, EE and I Bonds to electronic securities in a special Conversion Linked Account within their online account.
Crisis on Wall Street: The Week that Shook the World from CNBC.
● Crisis On Wall Street: The Week That Shook The World (Part 1) October 6, 2008 Financial Crisis.
● Wall Street and the Financial Crisis: Anatomy of a Financial Collapse from Wikipedia.
Day Trading. Info and advice from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Day Trading: Your Dollars at Risk, Internet and Online Trading: Warnings and Tips - Find out how to invest wisely, avoid fraud and investment scams on the Internet. See also Other Investor Education Sites.
DealBook - New York Times. Current business news and analysis on Mergers, Acquisitions, Investment Banking, IPOs (Initial Public Offerings), Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital, Current law suits and court cases.
DiscoverCI. Discover Company Intelligence. Tools to find undervalued stocks, monitor your investments and grow your portfolio. DiscoverCI's free Stock Screener, Stock Charts, over 10,000 Company Profiles, and data visualization tools enable you to find, analyze, and track your investments like a pro.
DiscoverCI also includes some unusual and very useful Financial Calculators:
● The Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) Calculator
● The Current Ratio Calculator and Formula
● The Inventory Turnover Calculator and Formula
● The Accounts Receivable Turnover Calculator and Formula
● The Debt to Equity Ratio Calculator and Formula
● The Percentage Increase Calculator and Example
● The Asset Turnover Calculator and Formula
Dividend Ninja: How to Calculate Dividend Payout Ratio. Invest In Dividend Stocks Like a Ninja. Why the Dividend Payout Ratio Is Important. The key figures needed are EPS (earnings per share) and the dollar amount of the Annual Dividend. Formula: Dividend Payout Ratio = (Annual Dividend / EPS) * 100.
Dividend Payout Ratio from Dividend Ninja. How to Calculate the Dividend Payout Ratio: Dividend Payout Ratio = (Annual Dividend / EPS) * 100. "For example, Rogers Communications (RCI.B) has an annual dividend of 1.42 / EPS of 2.64. Therefore the DPR = 53.7% which is excellent."
DividendInvestor.com. Dividends and Dividend Paying Stocks in the United States. Company Information, Stock Information, plus Dividend Information which includes (where available): Dividend Yield, Dividend Yield 5yr Avg, Dividend Rate, Dividend Payout Ratio (See Reuters for more up-to-date info: Reuters - Dividend Yield, Dividend Payout Ratio - Go to "Markets - Financials"), Dividend Payout Ratio 5yr Avg, Dividend Growth Rate 3yr and 5 yr Avg, Dividend Payment Type: e.g. Cash, Dividend Declaration Date, Dividend Ex Date (Ex Dividend Date), Dividend Record Date, Dividend Pay Date.
Dow Jones Industrial Average "also referred to as the Industrial Average, the Dow Jones, the Dow 30, or simply as the Dow; is one of several stock market indices, created by Wall Street Journal editor and Dow Jones & Company co-founder Charles Dow ..." from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
DRIP - Dividend Reinvestment Plan from RBC DirectInvesting. DRIP allows you to automatically reinvest the cash dividends you earn by having RBC Direct Investing purchase shares on your behalf in the same companies on the dividend payment date. No fees or commissions apply. Note: The list of of over 1000 DRIP eligible securities is subject to change at any time without prior notice. The Information is as of: January 2nd, 2019. Stock Names A-Z: From ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO-CL A (ANF) to ZIONS BANCORPORATION (ZION).
DRIP and SDP. Dividend Reinvestment Plan and Stock Dividend Program from ARC Resources.
● What Is A Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP/DRP)? From Dividend Growth Investing & Retirement (DGI & R).
● Dividend reinvestment plan from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
ETF - What's an ETF - The Ultimate Guide by Andrew Goldman, Wealthsimple. An exchange-traded fund, ETF for short, is an investment fund that lets you buy a large basket of individual stocks or bonds in one purchase. Learn more about: ETF vs Mutual Funds, How to Invest in ETFs, Best Canadian ETFs, ETFs that Track the S&P 500.
● How to Invest in Index Funds by Luisa Rollenhagen of Wealthsimple. An index fund is a type of mutual fund (or an ETF) that's meant to be a miniature copy of an established market index, such as the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones Industrial Average. This means that an index fund includes fractional shares of all components of a particular index and mirrors that market's performance. Find out: Should I invest in index funds? How many index funds should I invest in?
E*TRADE United States.
Financial Glossary of Wall $treet Week with FORTUNE. The glossary, compiled by Professor Campbell R. Harvey of Duke University, defines more than 7,200 terms.
Financial Markets: Derivatives FAQs from United States Department of the Treasury. What is a derivative? Where can I find information on derivatives and derivative exchanges?
FINRA Investor Knowledge Quiz. Test your investing knowledge from Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) - largest non-governmental regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States. FINRA oversees nearly 5,000 brokerage firms, about 173,000 branch offices and more than 677,000 registered securities representatives.
● Test Your Investment Knowledge from Vanguard.
● Test Your Investment Knowledge from the Oxford Club, Investment U.
● Investing Quiz from the Oxford Club, Investment U.
● Quiz to Test Your Investment IQ from RBC.
● Test Your Investment Fraud IQ from AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).
● Are You Vulnerable to Investment Fraud? Take This Test from Financial Mentor.
Fraud Quiz from Ottawa Better Business Bureau. Fraud: Can you recognize it? Report it? Stop it? Take the Fraud Quiz and see what you know about frauds and scams in Canada.
Free Technical Analysis Education from Stock Trader. Articles include: The Basics:
● 4 Most Commonly Used Stock Chart Types
● A Breakdown of Stock Chart Basics
● 5 Stock Chart Patterns Every Investors Should Know
● Trading Psychology, The 14 Stages of Investor Emotions
● 5 Main Assumptions Behind Using Technical Analysis
● 4 Candlestick Patterns Every Trader Should Know
Global Penny Stocks. The only penny stock site recommended in Barron's and by Forbes, picks stocks trading at under $5 that are on the NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX.
globeinvestor.com, or GlobeinvestorGOLD.com. Complete coverage of North American markets. Globe Portfolio keeps track of your personalized investments in U.S. and Canadian funds with automatic conversion of U.S. to Canadian currency and vice versa.
Guide to analyst recommendations. Guide to stock-research ratings systems used by the brokerage firms covered by MarketWatch. Ratings terms vary from firm to firm, the guide is designed to help investors understand the meaning behind each rating (where available) and to allow them to make comparisons between each firm's recommendation. Stock market investment rating examples: Strong Buy, Buy, Hold, Sell. Or: Top Pick, Buy, Outperform, Market Perform, Underperform, and their meanings.
Hoover's Companies Search from Dun & Bradstreet - DNB Hoovers. For each company, site provides information on Key Numbers, Key People, Industry Information, Top Competitors, Rankings, plus its Subsidiaries.
How to Buy & Invest in Stocks - Beginners Guide by Andrew Goldman of Wealthsimple. Topics covered: How to buy stocks; How to make money on stocks; Beginners tips for investing in stocks; What to look for when buying a stock; and Stock market terminology.
How to calculate Dividend Yield:
Dividend yield is a financial ratio that shows how much a company pays out in dividends each year relative to its share price. In the absence of any capital gains, the dividend yield is the return on investment for a stock.
Dividend Yield = [ Annual Dividends per share / Price per share ] * 100
Example: BTB.UN paid a monthly dividend of $0.0333 per share. Annual dividend per share = 0.3996
Market price (today May 20, 2014) is: $4.69
Dividend yield = [ 0.3996/4.69]* 100 = 8.5202.
On May 15, 2014, the stock closed at $4.64. In view of this, the yield was at $8.612 which is arrived at as below:
[0.03996/4.65] * 100 = 8.6120.
How to Invest in Stocks - A Simple Guide by Andrew Goldman and Luisa Rollenhagen, Wealthsimple. 1. Choose your investing style. 2. Choose an investment platform or advisor. 3. Determine your stock buying goals and risk tolerance. 4. Choose the right investment account. 5. Decide how much you want to invest in stocks. 6. Decide what stocks to invest in. 7. Invest in the stocks of your choice. 8. Stick to your plan.
FAQs about stock market investing:
How can I create a diversified portfolio of stocks? Put your eggs in different baskets: Diversifying your investments means you can minimize risk and maximize rewards.
How do I find out the share price of a company?
What are the opening hours of the stock exchange?
How do you sell stocks?
What is the 5% rule?
What is value investing?
How to Start Day Trading by Lisa MacColl and Luisa Rollenhagen, Wealthsimple. Day trading involves buying and selling stocks on the same day, based on price fluctuations. Day trading is about timing the market, and that requires experience, knowledge, a lot of luck and the understanding that it still may not work out. Day trading can be lucrative, but it can also go all shades of wrong. Like any stock picking, it's risky. The kind of risky where you should only be doing it with money you're prepared to lose.
Income Trust from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Income Trusts - Broken Promise - Stephen Harper. YouTube video, 0:45 min. Published 2 Dec. 2005. On Halloween day, October 31, 2006, the Conservative Government announced its decision to tax income trusts. This effectively translated into a permanent loss in savings of $30 billion to Canadian income trust investors. ~ Wikipedia.
For a good laugh, see also Stephen Harper's Broken Promises. YouTube video, 2:57 min. Published by Paul Arbour, Dec. 4, 2006.
"Green Party finance critic Peter Graham said that the income trust tax announced on Halloween of 2006 has resulted in a loss to the value of the hard-earned savings of Canadians of $35 billion. 'These Canadians have also lost significant retirement income,' said Graham." ~ Green Party calls for income trusts inquiry by Investment Executive (IE) Staff, 10 Dec. 2007.
See also: Breach of Trust, Dec. 2006.
Canadian Income Trusts from Harry Domash's Dividend Detective. Also called business trusts, income trusts are similar to energy royalty trusts in that they avoid corporate income taxes if they pay out most of their profits to shareholders. However, unlike energy trusts, which own energy reserves; income trusts operate regular businesses such as retail stores, restaurants, oil drilling services and pulp paper factories. Includes full listing of Canadian Income Trusts.
Independent Investor Institute. The mission of these investor advocates is to help you learn how to protect your wealth, and then grow it by using proven investing techniques combined with professional online trading tools. They believe that there are four key rules to successful investing: 1. Capital preservation. 2. Always have a plan. 3. Stack the odds in your favour before you trade. 4. Don't forget rule 1.
Index Funds from Wealthsimple. What are Index Funds? Index funds contain a tiny piece of all the companies included in a particular market index. When you buy an index fund, you're buying a small slice of the entire market.
An Introduction to Japanese Candlestick Charting by Erik L. Gebhard. Article covers: Technical Analysis - Brief Background, Candlestick Charts Explained, Bar Compared to Candlestick Charts, Common Candlestick Terminology, Candlestick Reversal Patterns, Morning Star, Evening Star, Doji Star, Shooting Star (Inverted Hammer), and more. How to Read a Japanese Candlestick. Introduction to Candlesticks. What is a Japanese Candlestick? From BabyPips. BabyPips.com helps individual traders learn how to trade the forex market.
● A Concise Introduction to Currency Trading and Technical Analysis for Forex Traders. Introduction to Technical Analysis: Lesson 1: Moving Averages.
● Lesson 2: Bollinger Bands.
● Lesson 3: Relative Strength Index.
● Lesson 4: Stochastic Oscillator.
● Lesson 5: Fibonacci Retracements.
Investing for Beginners 101: What Is Investing and Why It Matters? By Andrew Fiebert, ListenMoneyMatters, Oct 31, 2018.
Investment Terms You Should Know b Joshua Kennon, TheBalance.com, 29 Aug. 2018.
Investopedia. Free educational site for novice as well as seasoned investors. Motto: "Never invest in anything you do not fully understand." Site includes Stock Basics - Education for Beginners, Industry Analysis Handbook.
● Basic and Advanced Tutorials, 20 Investments You Should Know, Economic Indicators to Know, World's Greatest Investors, Your 8 Step Guide to Picking Stocks, Investment Strategies for the 21st Century, and more.
Investor Clinic: Quiz: 15 questions to test your investing savvy by John Heinzl, The Globe and Mail, Published Thursday, Dec. 27 2012, 11:53 PM EST.
IPO Monitor. Comprehensive Coverage of IPOs and Secondary Equity Offerings.
Kitco.com. Gold, Precious Metals, Buy, Sell, Gold, Silver, Platinum. All Metal Quotes, Charts and Data.
The Main Problem With Penny Stocks: You Get What You Pay For from Investor's Business Daily (IBD), July 26, 2016.
MER - Management Expense Ratio from Investopedia. It is important for investors to be aware of the MER as it affects the rate of return that an investor in the fund achieves.
Morningstar.com. Useful site with lots of investment information and tools to help you understand and analyze stocks, mutual funds, and portfolios. For Morningstar's Canadian site see Morningstar.ca where you will find US Analyst Reports on Stocks, rankings for mutual funds, e.g. Five Star Funds, Fund Quickrank, and Fund Selector. Morningstar stes are also available internationally in Australia, Europe, Finland, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, and Sweden.
The Motley Fool or Fool.com. Advice center aims to educate investors. News headlines and articles updated several times a day. Message boards.
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Real time quotes, market information, regulations, news.
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC): Regulator of Canada's largest capital market. Mandate is to: Protect investors from unfair, improper and fraudulent practices; Foster fair and efficient capital markets; and Maintain public and investor confidence in the integrity of those markets. Investors: Tools and Resources. OSC News on Twitter.
Federal Paycheck Calculator from Smart Asset.
● Hourly Paycheck Calculator from paycheckcity.com Payroll Calculators.
● Hourly Paycheck Calculator from ADP.
● Salary Calculator from paycheckcity.com Payroll Calculators.
● Canadian Payroll Calculator from Payment Evolution.
● Paycheck Calculator from Intuit QuickBooks. Easily create paychecks with taxes all calculated for you!
A Portfolio Less Taxing: Understanding the Taxation of Investment Income by Jamie Golombek and Debbie Pearl-Weinberg, Tax & Estate Planning, CIBC Financial Planning and Advice, April 2019. "Various types of investment income are taxed differently. From fully-taxed interest income and foreign dividends, to preferably-taxed Canadian dividends and half-taxed capital gains, the type of investment income that you earn can greatly impact your after-tax return on a particular investment." Types of Investment Income (Chart shows the different percentages for each Province / Territory in Canada: Interest Income / Foreign Dividends, Eligible Dividends, Capital Gains). Topics covered include: Interest Income, Taxation of Accrued Interest, Capital Gains, Canadian Dividens, Foreign Income, Mutual Funds, Partnership Income, Real Estate, Prescribed Rate Loans, Tax Deductible Investment Expenses (you may be able to deduct interest, including margin interest, paid on a loan the proceeds of which were used to buy investments), Registered Plans, Non-Residents.
Report on Business from the Globe and Mail.com - Canada's News, Commentary, Business, Investing, Sports, Life, Arts, Technology, Drive.
Reuters. Founded in London in 1851. Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency - 2,300 staff serving 130 countries, Real-time data provided on 5.5 million financial records, Information on 40,000 companies, Financial information from 258 exchanges and OTC markets, and lots more. Under News and Markets - Markets - Stocks: Search Stocks - Click on your selected Stock Symbol, go to Financials, under Dividends view Payout Ratio of your selected stock, if available.
ROE - Return on Equity from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Equity (ROE) from eHow.
● Return on Equity (ROE) from Investing Answers. Return on equity (ROE) is a measure of profitability that calculates how many dollars of profit a company generates with each dollar of shareholders' equity. The formula for ROE is: ROE = Net Income/Shareholders' Equity. ROE is sometimes called "return on net worth."
● ROI - Return on Investment from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) from Investopedia.
● How to Calculate Annual Percentage Return on Investment from eHow, UK.
The Rule of 72 (with calculator) from MoneyChimp. The rule of 72 says that to find the number of years required to double your money at a given interest rate, you just divide the interest rate into 72. Find out Why the Rule of 72 Works.
Scotia iTrade. Online trading and investing.
SEDAR - System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval. Online database of documents filed with securities regulators providing information on all publicly traded companies in Canada, including annual reports, financial statements, news releases, and company prospectuses. New Public Company Filings, Search database for Public Company Documents, Search for Mutual Fund Documents, Search Public Companies Profiles A-Z and Mutual Funds A-Z. Includes links to Regulatory Sites and Stock Exchanges.
Stock Market Holidays. Check out Stock Exchange Holiday Schedules for NASDAQ Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange.
Stock Quotes from Yahoo! Finance. Includes free portfolio tracker.
Stock Technical Analysis. Including QQQQ Analysis - Nasdaq 100 Trust.
StockChase. Site compiles comments that experts have made about stocks while on public TV shows, such as BNN. Find out daily top picks from the experts. Click on Opinions to see current opinions from experts. Find experts from A-Z by last names and see their choice of top picks, holds, buys and don't buys.
Super Stock Picker. Agnosoft claims "to have developed an innovative stock market research software, the Super Stock Picker, which picks the best Canadian stocks from the Toronto Stock Exchange in order to build high-performance Canadian stock portfolios that meet all investor profiles."
TD AMERITRADE. Stock trading and investing.
TD Managed Assets Program (TD MAP) from TD Canada Trust - an innovative investment and portfolio management program that helps you invest in the targeted asset mix to reach your financial goals.
TheStreet.com. Market analysis, financial news. Covers latest stories, market briefing, market news, stock news, tech stocks, personal finance, commentary, international news and commentary, latest stock quotes and research tools, learn about investing basics, message boards, chats and appearances, and more.
ThinkNum. Data Analysis. Web-based Financial Data Analysis Engine. ThinkNum is an interactive web application that allows users to analyze real world data using mathematical functions from open source libraries like scipy and numpy. This app is completely free. You can watch a 5 minute demo at www.thinknum.com/demo.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The primary mission of the SEC is to protect investors and maintain the integrity of the securities markets. The SEC requires public companies to disclose meaningful financial and other information to the public, which provides a common pool of knowledge for all investors to use to judge for themselves if a company's securities are a good investment.
Warren Buffett's Top 10 Rules For Success (@WarrenBuffett). YouTube video, 8:37 min. Published on May 23, 2015 by Evan Carmichael. "He's worth over $70 billion ... his top 10 rules for success: 1. Find your passion. 2. Hire well. 3. Don't care what others think. 4. Read, read, read. 5. Have a margin of safety. 6. Have a competitive advantage. 7. Schedule for your personality. 8. Always be competing. 9. Model success. 10. Give unconditional love."
● Warren Buffett - How to Turn $40 into $50 Billion & One on One with Warren Buffett. YouTube video, 1 hr. 40:23 min. Published on Feb. 25, 016 by Warren Buffett.
World's Most Valuable Brands
● The World's Most Valuable Brands 2013: 1. Apple. 2. Microsoft. 3. Coca-Cola. 4. IBM. 5. Google. 6. McDonald's. 7. General Electric (GE). 8. Intel. 9. Samsung. 10. Louis Vuitton (LV luxury products). 11. BMW. 12. Cisco. 13. Oracle. 14. Toyota. 15. AT&T. 16. Mercedes-Benz. 17.Disney. 18. Wal-Mart. 19. Budweiser. 20 Honda. 21. SAP (application software). 22. Verizon. 23. Gillette. 24. Nike. 25. Pepsi.
● The World's Most Valuable Brands 2015: 1. Apple. 2. Microsoft. 3. Google. 4. Coca-Cola. 5. IBM. 6. McDonald's. 7. Samsung. 8. Toyota. 9. General Electric (GE). 10. Facebook. 11. Disney. 12. AT&T. 13. Amazon. 14. Louis Vuitton (LV luxury products). 15. Cisco. 16. BMW. 17. Oracle. 18. Nike. 19. Intel. 20. Wal-Mart. 21. Verizon. 22. American Express. 23. Honda. 24. Mercedes-Benz. 25. Budweiser.
● Top 25 Most Valuable Brands in 2018 by Ricky Singh, MBA. Top 25 companies with the most valuable brand value as of May 2018. Brand value refers to the financial assets of the brand while brand equity refers to the value of the brand to a customer. 1. Amazon. 2. Apple. 3. Google. 4. Samsung. 5. Facebook. 6. AT&T. 7. Microsoft. 8. Verizon. 9. Walmart. 10. ICBC. 11. China Construction Bank. 12. Alibaba. 13. China Mobile. 14. Wells Fargo. 15. Mercedes-Benz. 16. Toyota. 17. BMW. 18. Bank of China. 19. State Grid. 20. NTT Group. 21. Tencent. 22. T (Deutsche Telekom in Germany). 23. Shell. 24. Chase. 25. Huawei.
● The World's Most Valuable Brands 2019 from Forbes: 1. Apple. 2. Google. 3. Microsoft. 4. Amazon. 5. Facebook. 6. Coca-Cola. 7. Samsung. 8. Disney. 9. Toyota. 10. McDonald's. 11. AT&T. 12. Louis Vuitton. 13. Intel. 14. NIKE. 15. Cisco. 16. GE. 17. Mercedes-Benz. 18. Oracle. 19. Verizon. 20. IBM. 21. BMW. 22. SAP. 23. Marlboro. 24. Budweiser. 25. Visa.
Yahoo! Finance. Stock quotes and market analysis. U.S. Markets, Canadian Markets (include REAL TIME quotes for Dow Jones Industrial, Nasdaq, S&P 500, TSE 300, etc. throughout the trading day), World Markets, Research and Research earnings, Loans, Investment challenge, and more. Customize your own portfolio and quotes to include stocks and funds of your choice.
ASX - Australian Stock Exchange. Australian Securities Exchange, Stock Market Information, Stock Quotes.
Deutsche B?se Group - Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Dow Jones Indexes.
Hang Seng Indexes.
Hong Kong Exchange and Clearing Limited.
London Stock Exchange.
Montreal Stock Exchange.
The Nasdaq. "NASDAQ originally was the acronym for the National Association of Securities Dealer Automated Quotation system. Today, NASDAQ is the largest electronic equities exchange in the U.S.
In 2008, it merged with OMX AB, a Stockholm-based operator of exchanges located in the Nordic and Baltic regions. The new company, NASDAQ OMX Group, lists stocks of over 3,800 companies." ~ Info from About.com U.S. Economy.
"OMX AB (Aktiebolaget Optionsm?larna/Helsinki Stock Exchange) is a Swedish-Finnish financial services company, formed in 2003 through a merger between OM AB and HEX plc and is now a part of the NASDAQ OMX Group since February 2008." ~ Info from OMX Wikipedia.
NASDAQ OMX 100 Index. Reviewed by James Chen, Jun 11, 2018.
The New York Stock Exchange / NYSE Euronext.
Nikkei Index. Nikkei 225 from Bloomberg.
Percentage Increase Calculator by Mateusz Mucha. How to calculate percent increase, Percent increase formula, Calculating percent decrease. A handy tool to calculate the percentage gain or loss of your investments. Example on how to use this calculator: After "from:" Type in your Book Cost or Original Cost of Investment, e.g. $4,000. After "is:" Type in the Total Amount of Current Market Value, e.g. $10,200. Do not use the $ sign. Enter numbers only. from: 4000, is: 10200 - then hit Enter key. Results will show a gain of 155% with a difference of $6,200.
● Percent Increase Calculator from GIGA calculator,com. Use this percent increase calculator to easily calculate the result from a percentage increase by any amount. Calculate X increased by Y%, or Calculate Percentage increase.
Price Waterhouse / Coopers - PwC Canada. Provides industry-focused assurance, advisory and tax services to public, private and government clients in all markets.
Shanghai Stock Exchange Comosite Index.
Six Swiss Exchange.
Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Toronto Stock Exchange - TMX. Quotes and Charts.
World Stock Exchanges. List of Stock Exchanges around the World. World-Stock-Exchanges.net features a list of world stock exchanges, securities commissions and other regulatory agencies, as well as stock market resources. Top 5 Stock Exchanges.
The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness by Stacy Johnson, Shutterstock.com, July 26, 2016. Include: Don't create debt; Be frugal - but not miserly; Regard possessions not in terms of money, but time; Don't put off till tomorrow what you can save today; Envy is your enemy.
ACA International (ACA) formerly the American Collectors Association, was created in 1939 to bring together third party collection professionals to advance the credit and collection industry.
Auto & Home Loan Calculators from Arizona Central Credit Union. This site brings you a wide variety of useful calculators:
● Auto Loans Calculators: Calculate a Vehicle Payment, Compare Monthly Payment by Term, Compare Two Vehicle Loans, Gas Mileage Savings with a Fuel Efficient Vehicle, Low Rate or Cash Back? Purchase or Lease a Vehicle, Vehicle Affordability by Loan Term.
● Mortgage Calculators: Adjustable Rate Mortgage Analyzer, Calculate a Mortgage Payment, Compare Two Mortgage Loans, Home Affordability, Proceeds from Sale of a Home, Rent or Buy? Time to Refinance? Debt-to-income Calculator, Compare a Bi-Weekly Mortgage to a Monthly Mortgage.
● Home Equity Calculators: Calculate a Home Equity Line of Credit Payment, Calculate a Home Equity Loan Payment, Consolidating Debt with Home Equity, Home Equity or Line of Credit? Paying off a Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit, The Equity in Your Home, Use Home Equity for a Major Purchase.
● Savings Calculators: Save for a Rainy Day, Save for College, Save to be a Millionaire, Save Towards a Goal, The Benefits of Compounding, The Impact of Saving More, What Will My Savings Be Worth? Compare Two CDs (Certificate of Deposit), Compare Two Certificates, Calculate Yield at Maturity.
● Retirement Calculators: 401(k) Calculator, Estimate Social Security Benefits, How Long Will My Retirement Savings Last? Retirement Income Estimator, Save for Retirement, Spend it or Invest in an IRA? Traditional 401(k) vs. Roth 401(k).
● Debt Calculators: Are Credit Card Balance Transfers Worth It? Debt Consolidation, How Long Will it Take to Pay off a Credit Card? Increase Your Monthly Payment, Make Bi-Weekly Payments, Meet a Debt Payoff Goal, Use a Lump Sum to Pay Down Debt, Calculate a Loan Payment.
● Budget Calculators: Balance Your Checkbook, Calculate Your Net Worth, Household Cash Flow Tracker, How Much Am I Spending? Save or Pay Off Debt? Should You Work Outside of the Home? Spare Change (This is a fun calculator for adding up your spare change).
● Insurance Calculators: Calculate Your Disability Insurance Needs, Calculate Your Life Insurance Needs, Calculate Your Long Term Care Needs, Health Savings Account or Traditional Health Plan? Reach Your Health Savings Account Goal, Save for Long Term Care, The Value of Your Future Earnings.
Best Mortgage Rates in Canada from Ratehub.ca. Ratehub shops the most competitive brokers, lenders and banks in Canada to bring you today's lowest interest rates, free of charge! Canadian comparison charts list current rates and are updated regularly throughout the day. To compare a certain category, click "Compare all rates."
Calculators from FinAid. Information on Loans, Student Loan Advisor for Students. Loan Payment Calculator, Loan Analyzer, Loan Comparison, Cost of Interest Capitalization, and more.
Canadian Travel Credit Card Comparison: Cashback Credit Cards by Patrick Sojk, CEO Rewards Canada. This chart is ... a comparison of all the Cashback travel rewards credit cards in Canada.
The consumer debt that goes 'poof' when you die by Chad Pawson, CBC News, Jun 17, 2018. If an estate can't settle it, credit card debt mostly disappears, experts say. "According to the Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia, when a person dies, the assets of their estate - which can include a home and finances - must first go toward paying off debts before beneficiaries are paid what may have been left to them.
That means the deceased person's estate is obligated to pay off debts - not family members - unless the debt is cosigned by someone else, like a joint credit card for example ...
In the end, if there isn't enough money in a person's estate to balance the card, there is not much institutions can do, he [Dave Bauer, a spokesperson with the bankers association] says. 'Banks would have no one to collect the outstanding debt from when the debt is unsecured and the estate lacks the funds to pay it,' Bauer said. 'In this case, they would typically have to write it off.'"
Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (ARMs) from United States Federal Reserve Board (FRB) and Office of Thrift Supervision. With an ARM, the interest rate changes periodically, usually in relation to an index, and payments may go up or down accordingly. In Canada, ARM is also referred to as Variable Rate Mortgage.
● What is a Variable Rate Mortgage? From CIBC. A variable rate mortgage will fluctuate with the CIBC Prime rate throughout the mortgage term. Variable rates are linked to CIBC's Prime Rate, which is based directly on the Bank of Canada rate.
● Variable Rate Mortgage from RBC.
● Mortgage Basics: Fixed vs Variable By WM - Which Mortgage. The appeal of variable rate mortgages, also called VRM and adjustable rate mortgages, is that the interest rate is typically lower than that of fixed rate mortgage products. However, the main drawback is the risk involved. Without warning, interest rates could increase or decrease.
● Mortgage Super Brokers.
Credit card debt. What to do if you've got credit card arrears from StepChange, UK's leading debt charity.
Credit Reporting Agencies:
New year, new credit blog series by Lisa Weintraub Schifferle, Attorney, Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Division of Consumer & Business Education, 13 Jan. 2020. 4-part blog series: 1. Why does your credit matter; 2. Getting your credit report; 3. Reading your credit report; and 4. Fixing your credit report.
Your Source for a Truly Free Credit Report? AnnualCreditReport.com | Federal Trade Commission. YouTube video, 1:28 min. Published by FTCVideos, Oct 25, 2012. Your credit report affects your ability to get a loan or job, and could help you avoid identity theft. You can get a truly free credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com. (United States)
Equifax - Canada
Here is a phone number from Equifax Canada that you can call to get a free Credit Rating Report mailed to you in 3-5 days: 1-800-465-7166. You will need your Social Insurance Number (SIN), Date of Birth, house number, postal code, and one credit card number (will not be charged). Follow instructions precisely as given.
Equifax - United States. Equifax - United Kingdom. Free Credit Report.
TransUnion - Canada. Free Credit Report.
TransUnion - United States. Free Credit Report.
Experian: Free Credit Report - United States
See also How to Survive the Internet Unscathed - Identity Theft.
Credit Scoring. Facts for Consumers from Federal Trade Commission (FTC), United States of America. Credit scoring is a system creditors use to help determine whether to give you credit. A credit scoring system awards points for each factor that helps predict who is most likely to repay a debt. Credit scoring systems enable creditors to evaluate millions of applicants consistently and impartially on many different characteristics. Site includes tips from FTC to help you be a more savvy consumer. See also:
● Credit Scores 101 from Loans Canada.
● Credit Reports and Scoring from TransUnion Canada.
● 5 Basic Steps You Can Take to Improve Your Credit Score. Simple Insights from State Farm.
● Credit score from Wikipedia.
● What is a bad credit score? Bad credit is typically defined as a credit score lower than 549. Major credit bureaus determine your credit score by measuring your ability to keep up with credit agreements such as credit card bills, loans, and utility bills. Site also includes: The difference between secured and unsecured, How to build credit, Bankrate's favorite bad credit cards, and a guide to Credit Cards for Bad Credit.
● Your Credit Score: How It All Adds Up from Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, includes
● Tips for Improving Your Score.
● Financial Tools and Calculators from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC).
● My FICO. FICO Credit Scores, Online Credit Reports and Identity Theft Protection. FICO Score Estimator. Note: Credit score FICO is an acronym for Fair Isaac Credit Organization.
● Facts & Fallacies about Credit Scores.
Debt Collection Practices: When Hardball Tactics Go Too Far. A debt collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer, family or neighbors. You may even be hounded to pay a debt that is not rightfully yours. This guide explains the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other laws that apply to debt collectors, including Tips for Dealing with a Debt Collector.
Debt-to-Income Ratio from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). What is a debt-to-income ratio? Why is the 43% debt-to-income ratio important?
Expert Tips for Cutting Credit Card Debt by Gregory Bresiger, Investopedia.
Financial Calculators from The Calculator Site. Featuring useful financial calculator tools for loans, car/auto loans, compound interest, savings, mortgages and more.
● Compound Interest Calculator.
● Simple Interest Calculator.
● Personal Loan Calculator.
● Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) Calculator. Use this calculator to work out the yearly growth rate of an investment - the percentage rate that gets you from the initial investment to the future value.
● Car Loan Calculator.
● Credit Card Payment Calculators.
● Margin Calculator. Use these margin calculators to work out the gross margin percentage, net profit margin or operating profit margin, as a measure of the profitability of your product or business.
● Mortgage Refinance Calculator.
● Mortgage Calculator. Use this handy mortgage calculator to work out the monthly costs and the total cost, including the interest, of a capital repayment or interest only mortgage.
● Retirement Planning Calculator.
● Savings Calculators. Use these powerful savings calculators to work out the interest on your IRA, ISA, bond or savings account balance.
● Savings Goal Calculators. Use these savings goal calculators to help determine how much to save and how long to save for to achieve a financial goal.
Financial Calculators. Savings, Loan, Investment income, Investment postponement, Tax rates, Inflation, RRSP loan, RRSP tax savings, Retirement budget and inflation, Value of human life. What is your current economic value?
● Credit Card Payment Calculator from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC).
● Debt-to-Income Ratio Calculator (Bankrate)
● Debt to Income Ratio Calculator (MoneyProblems.ca) - 1. Calculate your income. 2. Calculate Your Debt Payments. A ratio of 36% or less is considered healthy, above 50% and you should consider talking to a debt expert.
● Exchange Rate Converter (Bank of Canada)
● Education Cost Calculator (CanLearn)
● The Inflation Calculator (Bank of Canada)
● Mortgage Calculator (Financial Consumer Agency of Canada)
● Mutual Fund Fee Impact Calculator (Investor Education Fund)
Five steps to reduce debt from The Guardian. Step 1: Add up all your borrowings. Step 2: Transfer to a zero interest deal. Step 3: Consolidate. Step 4: Check your other finances are up to scratch. Step 5: If you are desperate ... Seek advice from a free debt counselling service.
● 5 Steps to Reduce Your Debt: Do-it-Yourself Debt Reduction from the Experts at Credit.com. Step 1: Evaluate Your Debts. Step 2: Look at Your Budget. Step 3: Make a Plan. Step 4: Start Negotiations. Step 5: Follow-Through Your Debt Reduction Plan.
● 7 Easy Ways to Eliminate Debt by Luis Rodrigues, Askmen.
● 12 of the Fastest and Most Effective Ways to Get Out of Debt & Pay Down Debt from Credit Counselling Society.
● 25 Debt Reduction Tips for Your Immediate Action Plan by David Ning, Money Ning. Get Out of Debt Now with These Tips.
● 30 tips to reduce your debt by Jill Buchner, Canadian Living.
● 33 Proven Ways to Reduce Personal Debt from Becoming Minimalist.
● 73 Great Debt Elimination Tips. Zen Habits: Breathe. Posted by Leo Babauta.
● How to Reduce Your Debt from Wells Fargo.
● Pay Off Debt in 7 Steps and Still Maintain Your Lifestyle from Huffington Post.
● Take Action to Reduce Your Debt from Money Advice Service.
How Credit Cards Work financially and technically from HowStuffWorks. Contents: Tips on how to shop for a credit card, Credit card plans, Credit history, and How to avoid credit card fraud both online and in the real world.
● How Do Credit Cards Work? 6 Things You Should Know by Jeff Gitlen, LendEDU, June 8, 2017. Knowing the fundamentals of how credit cards work can help you use them wisely.
1. What is a Credit Card?
2. What is a Credit Card Balance?
3. How Do Credit Card Interest Rates Work?
4. What is a Minimum Payment?
5. What Are Common Credit Card Fees?
6. What Are the Different Types of Credit Cards?
● Two? Seven? Twenty? How many credit cards should I have? By Constance Sommer, Credit Scores and Reports, from creditcards.com, 25 Nov. 2019. Experts say at least two, one from each card network, one from each type of rewards, and no more than you can handle. What's key is ensuring access to more than one credit card network and a variety of rewards.
How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt by Lucy Lazarony, Credit.com, Dec. 18, 2013. Start With a Credit Reality Check, Pay Off the Smallest Balance First, Pay Down the Card With the Highest Interest Rate.
intelliMortgage is Canada's first "do-it-yourself" lender. Direct Online Mortgages and Mortgage Comparison. intelliMortgage has created a way to minimize the middleman and maximize consumer savings, it is virtually the only company in Canada that tracks every lender publicly advertising mortgage rates, more than 300 in total. They guarantee that the rate you?re quoted is in the best 1% of all rates in Canada. If it?s not, you get $1,000 cash when your intelliMortgage closes. (Note: intelliMortgage can charge a $295 fee if you apply and then back out of the deal).
Little Known Canadian Debt Solutions & Advice | Credit Card Debt Solutions from Credit Counselling Society, a registered, non-profit service governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Loan and Line of Credit Calculator, Mortgage Payment Calculator, TFSA Calculator - Tax-Free Savings Account Calculator, Credit Card Selector, Credit Card Rewards Calculator from CIBC.
Mortgage Calculatorfrom CIBC.
Mortgage Calculators from Bankrate.com. See also Mortgage Calculators from BMO.
● Mortgage Payment Calculator
● Affordability Calculator
● Mortgage Prepayment Calculator
● Compare Mortgage Rates - Variable or fixed rate? Open or closed mortgage? Compare interest rates and terms to find a mortgage option that is right for you. Compare Mortgage Rates.
Mortgage Calculator from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. This calculator determines your mortgage payment and provides you with a mortgage payment schedule. The calculator also shows how much money and how many years you can save by making prepayments.
See also Mortgage Qualifier Tool from Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. This calculator helps you determine whether or not you can qualify for a home mortgage based on income and expenses.
Mortgage Calculators from US Bank. Use these mortgage calculators to get an estimate of your monthly mortgage payment or find out how much house you could afford. See also: Calculators for specific mortgage loans:
Fixed-rate mortgage calculator
ARM loan calculator
FHA loan calculator
VA loan calculator
Jumbo loan calculator
Mortgage Quiz from Money Quizzes.
● Understanding an Amortization Schedule, plus Online Tutorials from Amortization.com.
The Ontario Association of Credit Counselling Services (OACCS). A registered charity that represents a membership network of professional, not-for-profit Credit Counselling Agencies that will help you get out of debt, hopefully permanently. Contents include: You can trust OACCS, Money trouble signs, Regain financial control, Working with you, Understand your options, Guiding your path to financial wellness, Personalized debt repayment plans, Call 1-888-7-IN DEBT (1-888-746-3328) to reach the OACCS Central Referral Service.
RateSpy.com. Spying on Canada's Best Mortgage Rates. Site monitors virtually every Canadian lender that publicly advertises mortgage rates. That includes 345+ banks, credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies, wholesale lenders and online brokers.
● Best Mortgage Rates. Compare current mortgage rates. Tips: Read fine prints carefully and ask your lender or broker plenty of questions about the limitations of their mortgage offerings. Watch for High Penalties (Some lenders have prepayment charges as high as 3% of your principal, or more), Refinance Restrictions (Certain no frills mortgages prevent you from refinancing with any other lender before maturity), No Blending (Some lenders don't allow you to increase your mortgage before maturity without a penalty), No Rate Drops (Certain rate promotions are locked in until closing. That's called a "no float down" policy) ...
Secret History of the Credit Card from FRONTLINE. Introduction - In this one-hour report, correspondent Lowell Bergman uncovers the techniques used by the industry to earn record profits and get consumers to take on more debt, Eight Things a Credit Card User Should Know, Interviews, A Credit Card Quiz, Credit Cards and Personal Responsibility, The Rise of the Industry, Your Credit Score, When the Debt Collector Calls, and more.
Settling Credit Card Debt from U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation's consumer protection agency. It works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace. Debt Settlement Has Risks, Beware of Debt Settlement Scams, Fees, Disclosure Requirements, Tax Consequences, Other Debt Relief Options.
VISA. Products and Services include ATM Locator, Lost Your Card, Smart VISA card, etc. Consumer Tips include: Protect Your Visa Card, Tips for Safe ATM Usage, About the Euro, Travel Resources, Financial Tips, Safety Tips for Visa Cardholders, and Check Card Shopping Tips.
When Paying the Mortgage Is a Struggle from U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation's consumer protection agency. It works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace. Know Your Mortgage, If You're Behind on Your Payments, Avoiding Default and Foreclosure, Contacting Your Loan Servicer, Housing and Credit Counseling, Consider Giving Up Your Home Without Foreclosure, Be Alert to Scams.
Your Access to Free Credit Reports. Facts for Consumers from the United States Federal Trade Commission. A recent amendment to the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.
Bank Mortgage Rates from RateHub. Mortgage Interest Rates: Best Mortgage Rates in Canada. Site includes: Current Mortgage Rates by Province: BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland, Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut Mortgage Rates.
Bloomberg.com - Rates and Bonds. Key interest rates for Australia, Brazil, Germany, Japan, U.K. and United States. Data for U.S. includes Prime Rates (Current, 1 month - 1 year prior), Mortgage Rates, U.S. Treasuries, Municipal Bonds.
CANNEX Financial Exchanges Limited gathers, compiles, and distributes interest rate information for Canada and United States.
CIBC Historical Effective Prime Rate - in PDF. Handy 2-page chart of Prime Rates in Canada from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC). Effective Date from April 16, 1974 to current.
CNNMoney: Interest Rates. Mortgages and home equity loans - Search for rates from hundreds of lenders in U.S. Deposit rates - Search for rates on CDs, money markets and interest checking. Includes: Auto loans and credit cards.
Compound Interest Calculator from Get Smart About Money.
Credit rating from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "A credit rating assesses the credit worthiness of an individual, corporation, or even a country. It is an evaluation made by credit bureaus of a borrower?s overall credit history." See also:
● Credit Score Basics from ABC Bizloans.
● Why do we need credit reporting? What is a rating? What is an "inquiry"? What is a credit score? FAQs from Equifax.
● 5 Tips for Improving Your Credit Score from Federal Reserve Board.
● Improving your FICO credit score from myFICO?, the consumer division of Fair Isaac Corporation, the company that invented the FICO credit risk score.
● How to Improve Your Credit Score from eHow.com.
Federal Reserve Statistical Release - Selected Interest Rates, Daily Update.
A Primer on Interest Rates from Dollar Bank. An interest rate is usually defined as the cost of the borrowed funds, expressed as a percentage of the loan amount. Floating Rates, Fixed Rates. Main rates used in finance are:
● 1. Treasury rates (Rate an investor earns on Treasury Bills and Treasury Bonds)
● 2. LIBOR rates (A short-term borrowing rate among banks) [LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate) serves as a globally accepted key benchmark interest rate that indicates borrowing costs between banks].
● 3. Repurchase Agreement (A rate for dealers in government securities)
● 4. The Fed Funds Rate (Overnight rate among banks)
Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC): Guide to Trading on Equity Markets. How Equity Markets Differ: Learning the Mechanics and Rules of Trading. Buying and Selling in the Markets: Different Order Types: Market, Limit, Stop. Investor Protection. Investor Responsibilities. Trading activities that are prohibited: Manipulative and Deceptive Trading Practices, and more.
Compare Mortgage Rates in Your Area. Select your location by city, by state, by Zip code.
● Prime rate, fed funds, COFI. Prime Rate, Federal Funds Rates, Discount Rate, Fed Fund Reserve Lending, COFI (Cost of Funds Index) in US.
● Mortgage Rates. Compare Rates from over 30 Mortgage Brokers and Lenders across Canada.
● Mortgage Calculator from Government of Canada.
● Mortgage Payment Calculator Canada from Ratehub.ca.
● Mortgage Rates in U.S.. Compare ARM (Adjustable-Rate Mortgage) Loans, Fixed Loan Rate Mortgages by Bankrate.com.
Interest Calculator. This is a fixed-rate compound interest calculator for the interest and the final balance if you save a fixed amount and/or save periodically, with tax and inflation considered.
Negative Interest Rates. How Negative Interest Rates Work by Matthew Johnston, Investopedia.
● Less Than Zero: When Interest Rates Go Negative by Jana Randow and Simon Kennedy, Bloomberg QuickTake.
● Rob Carrick, Globe & Mail Newsletter, Dec. 16, 2015: What negative interest rates mean - "Negative rates mean there's a cost to storing cash in a safe account rather than a return. The idea is to encourage companies and individuals to spend rather than save. How does it all work out? Here's some data from Europe that shows, in one case, that negative rates led to higher mortgage rates."
● What are negative interest rates and how do they work? By Rachelle Younglai, Economics Reporter, Globe and Mail, Dec. 09, 2015.
Prime Rate - Today's Rates from TD Canada Trust.
● Prime and Other Rates - Today's RBC Royal Bank rates: Royal Bank Prime (Canadian Prime Rates), U.S. Prime Rates, U.S. Base Rates.
● Canadian Current Rates from Scotiabank
● Bank of Canada Interest Rates.
● Canadian Interest Rates and Monetary Policy Variables: 10-Year Lookup.
● "The Bank Rate is the rate of interest that the Bank of Canada charges on one-day loans to financial institutions. It is also part of a range called the Operating Band for the overnight rate. The overnight rate is the interest rate at which major financial institutions borrow and lend one-day funds among themselves. The Bank Rate is always at the top end of the operating band, which is half a percentage point wide. For example, if the operating band is 4.25 to 4.75 per cent, the Bank rate would be 4.75 per cent. The Overnight Rate Target is always at the middle of the band. Target for the Overnight Rate would be 4.50 per cent."
● Historical Noon and Closing Rates from Bank of Canada. Download legacy noon and closing rates data. See also Exchange Rates.
Prime Lending Rates - U.S.
● Prime Rate - What It Means.
● Rates & Bonds - United States from Bloomberg.com.
● Prime Rate - Bank of America.
● Prime Rate from About.com.
RateSupermarket.ca. Best rates in Canada: Compare Mortgage Rates, Credit Cards, GICs, Savings Accounts, Life Insurance Quotes.
Simple Interest Calculator
● Compound Interest Calculator from Webmath.com.
Amortization schedule calculator from Bankrate.com. Excellent calculator. Calculates your monthly mortgage payment, calculates the impact of extra mortgage payments (by month, by year, and/or lump sum), and provides you with printout of Amortization table.
apartmentguide.com - Apartments in the U.S.A. Select a housing type, e.g. Apartments or Corporate Housing, select a State, select a Metro Area, or enter a property name to search for an apartment. You can also specify features you want in the apartment and the price range. Site provides photos, maps, addresses, floor plans where applicable, rent cost, contacts, and other details.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). Canada's national housing agency. CMHC for Consumers. Topics: Buying a Home, Mortgage Insurance, Renting a Home, Maintaining a Home, Renovating a Home, Programs & Financial Assistance.
Canada Rental Guide. Site provides Canadian rental tenants the ability to find rental apartments and houses. Find Apartments for Rent by Province, by City, or by Neighborhood, e.g. Downtown Toronto, Downtown Vancouver, Etobicoke West Mall, Scarborough City Centre.
Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Provides information on the buying and selling of a home, What is a Realtor, Code of Ethics, Home Buyers' Plan (HBP), and a Glossary of Terms. Also includes statistics on the Canadian resale housing market.
Cost of Living Calculator from CNNMoney.
Current Mortgage Rates from BMO.
● Current Mortgage Rates from CIBC.
● Current Mortgage Rates from Meridian.
● Canadian Mortgage Payment Calculator from CanEquity.
● How Much Mortgage Can I Afford? From TD Canada Trust.
● TD Mortgage Affordability Calculator.
FindLotSize.com. Find size of a home lot or plat of land. Aerial view as per Google. FindLotSize.com provides a map measurement tool as well as a street view (if available) of the property. All services provided by FindLotSize.com are free and registration is not needed. To find the lot size click along the perimeter of the area. Map measurement accuracy better than ± 1%.
Garth Turner's Weekly Column published in newspapers across Canada. Topics covered: Mortgages, Income Trusts, Rental Real Estate, Money, Mortgage Rates, etc.
● Bank of Montreal Mortgage Centre: Current Mortgage Rates, Home Buyers Guide, Mortgage Calculators.
● CIBC Mortgage Rates
● RBC Royal Bank Mortgage Rates
● Scotiabank Mortgage Centre
● TD - Canada Trust Mortgages
● Kanetix.ca - Compare Mortgage Rates
● Mortgages in Canada from About.com. Links include: Canadian Mortgage Rules Tightened in 2011, Understanding Mortgages from Canadian Home Builders Associaton (CHBA), All About Mortgages, and more.
● Universal Currency Converter.
Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Home Buying Resources from Brookfield Residential. Guides, infographics, calculators, ebooks, videos, and presentations. Homebuyer's School consists of various resources to help you better understand the entire home buying process and make the best decision when purchasing your next home.
Homes & Communities - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
● Buying a Home.
● Home Improvements.
● How to Sell HUD Homes.
● Renter's Guide: Ten Tips for Tenants.
● Homeless - If you are homeless, HUD, along with many other federal agencies, funds programs to help the homeless.
● HUD Homes for Sale - HUD sells properties at reduced prices. Check out listings of HUD homes in your area.
● Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO).
● Avoiding Foreclosure.
● Public Housing, and much more.
Housecreep. House histories, apartment reviews ... Housecreep is an online community that chronicles the history of homes from all over the world (mainly United States and Canada) by crowdsourcing publicly available information. Site includes:
● Homes that have been in the news or have historical significance.
● Properties that are considered to be stigmatized (grow op house, meth labs, murder houses, etc.)
● Homes where noted individuals once lived.
House Values. Free home real estate market value for your house or property in the United States or Canada. Find out what your house is worth from a real estate agent in your area. Get a market valuation price of your home.
How to Buy Government Foreclosure Homes by Hugh Houchin, eHow Contributor. How to Buy Government Owned Tax Lien Homes edited by Carolyn Barratt, Chris Hadley, and others. Government Foreclosures in the United States.
ICI World - World of Industrial Commercial and Investment Real Estate. 3000 out of 8000 listings are placed in the free viewing area, mostly from U.S. and Canada. Site includes listings from Africa, Asia & Middle East, Australia, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Pacific Rim, Southeast Asia, and South America. View free listings of FSBO (For Sale by Owner) around the world, but only paying subscribers can respond to listings.
International Real Estate Digest (IRED) - ired). Lists Real Estate Web Sites from USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Europe, Mid-East, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Australia, plus related Resources.
International Real Estate Directory. Browse by country A-Z. Examples: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States.
Land Transfer Tax Calculator. Ontario Land Transfer Tax Calculator provided by RateHub.ca.
● Land Transfer Tax Bulletins from Ontario Ministry of Revenue - Land transfer tax is imposed on the acquisition of an interest in land.
Multiple Listing Servic (MLS). America's Real Estate Portal. Click on map of USA to view MLS listings in your area. MLS.com is a free MLS search to find real estate MLS listings for sale by Realtors® and other realty professionals that are members of your local MLS Multiple Listing Service. MLS.com also features real estate news, common real estate questions and answers, real estate classes, mortgage information and a mortgage calculator. Find homes for sale, new homes and resale homes, new construction, acreage, lots, land, commercial property and investment property.
New in Homes. View hundreds of brand new homes and condominiums from home builders in Ontario, Canada. Categories: Start New Search, The Builders, What's New (watch for grand openings), Legal Info, Mortgage Info, New Home Alert, and Community Info.
Ontario Real Estate. Ontario Homes for Sale by Owner. Free database. Canadian Real Estate Search.
Ontario New Home Warranty Program (ONHWP) - Name changed to "Tarion". Program aims to protect Ontario's new home buyers. Statutory Warranty Coverage: New home buyers benefit from deposit protection, and are protected against defects in work and materials, as well as major structural defects.
Ottawa Real Estate Board.
Realtor.ca. This is not an MLS® System. It is an advertising website that the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) created to give REALTORS® across Canada greater listing exposure to a national and international audience. See also:
● What is MLS Canada? MLS (Multiple Listing Service or Multiple Listing System) is a name for an online real estate property database with details for real estate property objects. 1st Canadian Real Estate Property Listing is a customer oriented informational resource aimed to assist people who want to sell, buy or rent their real estate property throughout Canada using MLS listing.
Tangerine Mortgage Payment Calculator. Mortgage Prepayment Calculator.
Real estate from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Real estate is a legal term that encompasses land along with improvements to the land, such as buildings, fences, wells and other site improvements that are fixed in location -- immovable."
Real Estate ABC - The ABC's of Real Estate. Real Estate & Mortgage Resources. Housing Trends: Interest Rate Forecast, Existing Home Sales, Recent Appreciation. Articles & Tips: Home Buying, Home Selling, Hints & Insights, Income Taxes, Mortgage, Credit Articles, Glossary, Questions & Answers. Real Estate Agents: in USA, Canada & US Territories. 16 Calculators including Mortgage Payment Calculator, Rent vs. Own Calculator, Cost of Living Calculator, Principal Prepayment Calculator, Bi-Weekly Mortgage Calculator, and more.
RealProperty Transaction Centres - Ontario Real Estate Legal Specialists. See also:
● What Is Title Insurance and Do I Need It? From Zillow.
● Understanding Title Insurance from Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
● Land Transfer Tax from Ontario Ministry of Finance. Who pays land transfer tax? Land Transfer Tax Refund for First-time Homebuyers. Provincial Land Tax. City of Toronto Municipal Land Transfer Tax. GST/HST New Housing Rebate. Land Transfer Tax Rates. (The land transfer tax rate is the same for residents and non-residents of Canada).Table to calculate land transfer tax. Paying the tax (Ontario's land transfer tax is payable when the transfer is registered).
● Land Transfer Tax Calculator from Land Transfer Tax.
● Land Transfer Tax Calculator from RateHub.ca. Land transfer tax (LTT) is often overlooked when considering the total cost of purchasing a home. All provinces have a land transfer tax, except Alberta and Saskatchewan, which levy a much smaller transfer fee. In most provinces, the tax is calculated as a percentage of property value, using asking price as a close estimate.
● Real Estate Terms, Definitions and Dictionary from Real Estate ABC.
Rent Canada - Canada's Internet Apartment Guide. Select a province and a city to view locations of rental apartments, search by furnished apartments, by company (property management firms), by area, Residential Rental Property Search, classifieds, vacation properties, and more.
RE/MAX.com. Search for properties by location, by price range, find agent or office in over 50 regions around the world. Tips for selling your home. Financial calculators. Check today's mortgage rates or calculate monthly mortgage payments in U.S. and Canada.
Toronto Real Estate Board. Includes links to:
● Canadian Real Estate Association
● Ontario Real Estate Association
● Brampton Real Estate Board
● Durham Region Real Estate Board
● Mississauga Real Estate Board.
Realty Link Online. Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) is a member-based association of more than 11,000 REALTORS®.
Zillow. Buy, Rent, Sell, or Zestimate for real properties in the United States. Site includes Current Mortgage Rates and Home Loans, Find a Real Estate Agent in Your Area, Real Estate Advice, Home Design, Home Improvement Projects, Tips and Guides, Zestimate: Find Your Home in the U.S. Type in an address. Results will show great details about the property: Map, location of property including State and Zip Code, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, total floor size in square footage, estimated (Zestimated) value of property, lot size, type of home (e.g. single family), year it was built, when it was last sold and for how much, total number of rooms, number of storeys, structure type, Parcel #, and Zillow Home ID number.
10 Tax Loopholes That Could Save You Thousands by Barri Segal, GoBankingRates.com, January 31, 2019. Use these legal tax deductions to save a bundle come tax time (in United States). 1. American Opportunity Tax Credit. 2. Saver's Tax Credit. 3. Earned Income Tax Credit. 4. Mortgage Interest Deduction. 5. Lifetime Learning Credit. 6. Child Tax Credit. 7. Retirement Savings Accounts. 8. Capital Gains Tax. 9. High-Income Mortgage Interest Deduction. 10. Carried Interest Loophole.
15 Tax Deductions & Benefits for the Self-Employed by Amy Fontinelle, Feb 20, 2019.
Get ready to do your 2018 income tax and benefit return from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). What's new for the 2018 tax-filing season.
AARP Tax-Aide. American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Tax Aide was established in 1968 to help older persons complete their tax returns. Trained volunteers help persons with low- and middle-income maximize their legal deductions and credits, resulting in tangible economic benefits to them. Use Tax-Aide Online Tax Assistance - Get Answers to Your Tax Questions Online (U.S. only), a public service from the AARP Foundation.
Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) in United States, from Wikipedia. Alternative Minimum Tax by William Perez, Taxes.About.com.
Alternative Minimum Tax. Minimum Tax from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
BankRate.com. Tax News and Advice for taxpayers in the United States. Finding free tax help by Kay Bell.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). On Nov. 1, 1999, the name Revenue Canada was changed to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA). On December 12, 2003, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) was changed to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Income Tax Act - Canada.
● Site Map. Site provides online access to Canada's income tax information.
● CRA Keyword Search.
● Income Tax Forms & Publications, bulletins, and details on all aspects of Canadian income tax system and completion of all tax returns, personal and corporate.
● TIPS - T.I.P.S. Tax Information Phone Service 1-800-267-6999.
● Netfile or call e-service Helpdesk at 1-800-714-7257 (from Canada and United States) for assistance, teletypewriter (TTY) number for e-service Helpdesk is 1-888-768-0951.
● RRSPs and related plans.
● My Account for Individuals - Manage your personal income tax and benefit account online by: changing your return, changing your address or telephone numbers, authorizing your representative, registering your formal dispute, or call toll free 1-800-959-8281 for Individual Income Tax Enquiries, 1-800-959-1956 to find out about your income tax refund. Call 1-800-714-7257 for e-Services Helpdesk for individuals. Get help accessing My Account, NETFILE, or Represent a Client (Calls from anywhere in Canada and the United States).
● Tax Alert: The Canada Revenue Agency warns Canadians of mail scam.
● Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations who host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare the returns.
● What's new?
● What you can deduct - lines 205 to 485 from CRA. Where to report deductions and tax credits. Deductions from income and tax credits are reported on lines 205 to 485.
Canadian Income Tax Related Resources:
● 2019 Tax Return Calculator, 2020 Refund Estimate from eFile.com.
● Tax Tips from TaxTips.ca: Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates in Canada, Tables of personal income tax brackets and tax rates (2004 - current)
● Pay Yourself First!
● The short list: deductible investment expenses by Robyn K. Thompson, Fund Library, April 1, 2019.
● Take every tax deduction you're entitled to! By Robyn K. Thompson, Fund Library, April 11, 2019.
● What's new in taxes for 2019? By Evelyn Jacks and Beth Graddon, Knowledge Bureau, January 15, 2019.
● TaxTips.ca What's New. Canadian Tax and Financial Information.
● Tax Tips at Your Fingertips from TurboTax.
● Individuals and families. Topics A-Z Index from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● All about your tax return from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Tax Alerts from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Beware of phishing schemes; Don't buy into illegal tax protester schemes; Be cautious of participating in a gifting tax shelter scheme; Protect yourself! Warning: Claiming false GST/HST refunds is a crime and will result in serious consequences; Beware of telephone and email scams.
● Canadian Income Tax and RRSP Savings Calculators from TaxTips.ca.
● Canadian income tax rates for Individuals - current and previous years from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates in Canada from TaxTips.ca.
● Understanding the Tables of Personal Income Tax Rates from TaxTips.ca.
● How is income tax calculated in Canada? From TaxTips.ca.
● Forms and publications from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● The Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman (OTO) "works to enhance the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) accountability in its service to, and treatment of, taxpayers and benefit recipients through independent and impartial reviews of service-related complaints and systemic issues." You can Submit a Complaint online, by mail, or by fax.
Canadian Income Tax Courses:
● Canada Revenue Agency: Learning About Taxes. Free Online Course - To understand the fundamentals of the Canadian tax system and to teach you how to file a basic income tax return.
● H&R Block Canada: H and R Block Tax Training School
● Liberty Tax Service.
Canadian Tax Calculators & Rates - Personal Tax Calculator. Calculate your combined federal and provincial tax bill in each province and territory, from EY (Ernst & Young).
● Canadian Tax Checklist from H&R Block.
● Canadian Personal Income Tax Checklist from International Business Resources (Canada) Corp (IBRCC).
● Personal Income Taxes in Canada from About.com. Information on electronic filing, the income tax package, forms and schedules, supplementary guides and tax tips.
The Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) is a federally incorporated, not-for-profit citizen's group dedicated to lower taxes, less waste and accountable government.
Capital Losses from Tax Tips.ca. Capital losses can normally only be used to reduce or eliminate capital gains. If you have capital losses that cannot be used in the current year, you can carry back the losses to any of the 3 preceding taxation years. Capital losses can also be carried forward indefinitely. The only time they can be used to reduce other income is in the year of a taxpayer's death, or the immediately preceding year.
Essential Links to Taxes (U.S.). Contents include: Major Tax Sites: IRS, H&R Block, FedWorld; Tax Forms: IRS Forms, 1040.com, UncleFed; Publications: IRS Pubs; Tax related news: IRS Newsroom, Tax Analysts; Tax Law: Legalbitstream, Thomas, Nolo.com; Tax Code: U.S. Code, Code Search; Commercial Tax Sites: CPA Advantage, H&R Block, Quicken; Associations; Link Lists: Tax and Accounting Sites; Tax Tools and Utilities: MSNBC Personal Finance Calculators, Tax Term Glossary; and more.
Free Tax Calculators & Tools from TurboTax.
H&R Block U.S. Tax Tips.
● USTaxTips.net U.S. Tax and Financial Information.
How to File US Tax Returns in Canada from Hutcheson. Philip Hogan, CPA, CA, CPA (Colorado), is a Partner with Hutcheson & Co. and specializes in Canadian and United States cross border tax engagements. Phil also advises clients on cross border investment issues and moving to Canada.
Income Tax Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. 1 (5th Supp.)) from Government of Canada, Justice Laws Website. Act current to 20 June 2018 and last amended on 1 April 2018. See Income Tax Act (Full Text).
Internal Revenue Service IRS.gov, U.S. Department of the Treasury.
● Tax Statistics
● IRS e-file
● Free Online Filing where you can e-file your individual tax return for free, Taxpayer Help and Education, Tax Regulations.
● IRS Forms and Publications.
● Extension of Time to File Your Tax Return.
● Tax Information for Individuals.
● How to Contact the IRS.
Johnston, David Cay. Q&A: David Cay Johnston, 2004. Transcript of online chat on the Forbes.com CEO Network with New York Times reporter David Cay Johnston, author of Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich - and Cheat Everybody Else. Chat moderated by Mark Lewis of Forbes.com.
● Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (and Stick You with the Bill) by David Cay Johnston.
● "Perfectly Legal" by David Cay Johnston. A Pulitzer-winning New York Times reporter argues that the rich have ruthlessly rigged the tax system against the rest of us. Book review by Farhad Manjoo.
● David Cay Johnston from Wikipedia.
● Temples of Chance by David Johnson. "An account of how, in the 1980s, the junk bond kings usurped mob control of the casino industry discusses corruption in the industry and the role of the U.S. government in that corruption."
Ready-to-use, Complimentary Articles from Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario. Topics include: Automobile, Condominium, Education, Golf, Insurance, Holiday Tips, Personal Finance, Real Estate, Property and Mortgage, Retirement Planning, RRSP, Small Business Planning, Tax Planning and Advice, Technology.
Salary and Tax Calculator. Very useful site. Type in your annual income, select the place you work, click "Calculate" to get an idea of your Tax Payable and your take-home pay or Net Pay, depending on where you live. United States (choose a state - salary in USD), Canada (choose a province or territory - salary in CAD), Switzerland (choose a canton - salary in CHF), or France (EUR).
Tax Loss Carryback. Definition from Investopedia.
● Capital losses and deductions from CRA.
● What is a Tax Loss Carryback? From wiseGEEK.
● Line 253 - Net capital losses of other years from CRA.
Tax Loss Selling from CIBC Wood Gundy. Tax loss selling allows you to realize losses to offset the capital gains. Tax loss selling usually takes place at year-end, when an investor knows his or her net taxable capital gains for the year. Article includes Superficial Loss Rules.
● Superficial loss and other disallowed losses from TaxTips.ca.
● What is a superficial loss? From Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
● Sidestepping superficial loss rules by Frank Di Pietro, Advisor's Edge.
Tax News for Home and Business from CNNMoney.
● Difference between tax preparer and tax adviser (tax adviser, tax expert or tax consultant) by Oliver, Maroof HS CPA, 8 Jan. 2020.
Tax News. Insights on tax news, rulings and trending topics from KPMG tax professionals in Canada. [The name "KPMG" stands for "Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler." It was chosen when KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) merged with Peat Marwick in 1987. ~ Wikipedia].
Tax Tips from Kiplinger.com. Include: How Much Tax You Will Pay on Your Lottery Winnings. Tax Breaks for Caregivers. IRS Audit Red Flags You Need to Know. Tax Tips for Last-Minute Filers, and more.
TaxTips.ca - Canadian Tax and Financial Information. Very useful site with practical tips and advice. Contents include:
● Tax Rates / Credits
● Federal Personal Income Tax Rates
● What's New?
● Glossary of Investing, Financial, Accounting and Tax Terms
● Money-Saving and Wealth-Building Tips
● Personal Tax
● Small Business
● GST / HST - Goods and Services Tax / Harmonized Sales Tax
● PST - Provincial Sales Tax
● Seniors, and more.
Uncle Fed's Tax*Board. Complete online resource for tax relief. IRS Tax Forms, IRS Tax News, IRS Bulletins, State Tax Forms, How to Protect Yourself and Survive the IRS, Fun Stuff (includes games and education material, e.g. American Historical Documents), Tax Preparation Help, Helpful Links for Tax Professionals, U.S. Tax Court Rules, Taxpayer Bill of Rights, Audit-Proofing Strategies, and more.
U.S. Tax Guide from Lowtax.net, Global Tax & Business Portal.
World Tax Advisor from Deloitte.
Yahoo! Finance: Tax Center. Personal Finance. Tax Changes, Tax Strategies, Filing, Deductions and Credits, Latest Tax News, Tax Tips and News.
Australia Public Debt. Public debt: 22.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 22.1% of GDP (2009 est.). Public Debt by Year Chart.
Canada Public Debt. Public debt: 34% of GDP (2010 est.) 29% of GDP (2009 est.).
● Canada National Debt Clock from Commodity.com. National Debt of Canada. Convert to USD. Interest Payments Per Year. Interest Payments Per Second. National Debt Per Citizen. Debt as % of GDP. GDP of Canada. Canada Population. According to the IMF, by the end of 2017, Canada's national debt was just shy of 90% of GDP.
● Canada's National Debt Clock from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.
● Canadian National Debt and Tax Clock from Debt Clock.
● Canadian National Debt per citizen half of Americans.
● Canada's Federal Debt from the Qualicum Institute.
● Canadian public debt from Wikipedia.
● Federal government net financial debt from Statistics Canada.
● American national debt vs. Canadian national debt.
China Public Debt. Public debt: 17.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 16.9% of GDP (2009 est.)
● China - National Debt. National Debt of China from Commodity.com.
● National debt of China from Wikipedia.
● China's internal debt problem. 27 May 2006: China's national debt balance reached 2.96 trillion yuan (US$370 billion), including 2.88 trillion yuan of domestic debt and 82.8 billion yuan of foreign debt. China's 2004 national debt burden rate was 21.6% of gross domestic product (GDP), far lower than the warning level of 60% designated by the European Union for its members, a generally accepted international standard. By comparison, the US national debt stood at $8.4 trillion as of April 13, 2006, or 65% of forecast GDP.
Country Comparison: External Debt. Compares total public and private debt owed to nonresidents repayable in foreign currency, goods, or services. These figures are calculated on an exchange rate basis. ~ Info from World Factbook, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
Ranking of 206 Countries
● Countries with the Most External Debt from Global Finance, Nov. 19, 2015. Click to view GDP and Economic Data for each country.
Full Rankings of External Debt in Countries around the World. Select a country to view details: Introduction, Geography, People and Society, Government, Economy, Energy, Communications, Transportation, Military and Security, Transnational Issues.
● List of countries by external debt from Wikipedia.
Denmark Public Debt. Public debt: 46.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 41.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Ecuador Public Debt. Public debt: 23.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 19.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
France Public Debt. Public debt: 83.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 77.6% of GDP (2009 est.). France - Public Debt Clock.
Germany Public Debt. Public debt: 78.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 72.5% of GDP (2009 est.). Germany - Public Debt Clock. Stattsverschuldung in Deutschland.
Government Debt, Public Debt. Information from Answers.com.
Greece Public Debt. Public debt: 144% of GDP (2010 est.) 126.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
India Public Debt. Public debt: 55.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 57.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Iran Public Debt. Public debt: 16.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 16.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Ireland Public Debt. Public debt: 94.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 65.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Israel Public Debt. Public debt: 77.3% of GDP (2010 est.) 77.7% of GDP (2009 est.).
Italy Public Debt. Public debt: 118.1% of GDP (2010 est.) 115.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Jamaica Public Debt. Public debt: 123.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 124.4% of GDP (2009 est.).
Japan Public Debt. Public debt: 225.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 217.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Kenya Public Debt. Public debt: 50.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 46.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Korea, South. Public debt: 23.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 23.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Kuwait Public Debt. Public debt: 12.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 13.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Lebanon Public Debt. Public debt: 150.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 154.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Libya Public Debt. Public debt: 3.3% of GDP (2010 est.) 3.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
List of countries by public debt from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Percentage of annual gross domestic product, based on World Factbook, OECD Economic Outlook and IMF estimates.
Luxembourg Public Debt. Public debt: 16.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 14.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Mexico Public Debt. Public debt: 41.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 39.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Netherlands Public Debt. Public debt: 64.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 60.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
Norway Public Debt. Public debt: 47.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 49.8% of GDP (2009 est.).
Oman Public Debt. Public debt: 4.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 5.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Pakistan Public Debt. Public debt: 49.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 49.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Romania Public Debt. Public debt: 34.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 24% of GDP (2009 est.).
Russia Public Debt. Public debt: 9.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 8.3% of GDP (2009 est.).
Saudi Arabia Public Debt. Public debt: 16.7% of GDP (2010 est.) 22.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Singapore Public Debt. Public debt: 102.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 110% of GDP (2009 est.). "NOTE: for Singapore, public debt consists largely of Singapore Government Securities (SGS) issued to assist the Central Provident Fund (CPF), which administers Singapore's defined contribution pension fund; special issues of SGS are held by the CPF, and are non-tradeable; the government has not borrowed to finance deficit expenditures since the 1980s."
Spain Public Debt. Public debt: 63.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 53.2% of GDP (2009 est.).
Sweden Public Debt. Public debt: 40.8% of GDP (2010 est.) 41.6% of GDP (2009 est.).
Switzerland Public Debt. Public debt: 38.2% of GDP (2010 est.) 40.5% of GDP (2009 est.).
Taiwan Public Debt. Public debt: 33.9% of GDP (2010 est.) 33.1% of GDP (2009 est.).
Top 20 Countries with the Biggest Public Debt from World Atlas. Last update: June 14, 2016.
Ukraine Public Debt. Public debt: 38.4% of GDP (2010 est.) 30% of GDP (2009 est.).
United Arab Emirates Public Debt. Public debt: 44.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 48.9% of GDP (2009 est.).
United Kingdom Public Debt. Public debt: 76.5% of GDP (2010 est.) 68.2% of GDP (2009 est.). UK National Debt Clock.
United States Public Debt. 60.8% of GDP (2007 est.). GDP - per capita (PPP): $45,800 (2007 est.)
● National Debt of United States from National Debt Clocks.
● U.S. National Debt Clock. Debts of United States in real time. Click on State Debt Clocks (upper left) to see real time debt clocks for all 52 states individually, select a state from AL to WY.
● U.S. Public Debt. Explanation and information from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "The U.S. public debt, commonly called the national debt or the gross federal debt, is the amount of money owed by the United States federal government."
● Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Debt from Bureau of the Public Debt, United States Department of the Treasury.
● The Debt to the Penny and Who Holds It from Bureau of the Public Debt, United States Department of the Treasury.
● Facts and Figures - The Debt of the United States - Archives of Historical Debt Outstanding. Annual 1791-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949, 1950-1999, 2000-2010.
● Frequently Asked Questions About the National Debt by J. C. Adamson, the Muser.
● Major Foreign Holders of U.S. Debt (in billions of dollars).
World Debt Clock. World Debt statistics for Public Debt to GDP Ratio, and External Debt to GDP Ratio for the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England/UK, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Pakistan, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, and United States of America. Figures shown represent cumulative total of all government borrowings less repayments, denominated in the country's home currency - Sources: CIA, Eurostat, World Bank and US Treasury.
World Debt Clock from Commodity.com. Includes Interest Accrued.
World Debt Rank Chart. Public Debt - Country Comparison, from Japan to Luxembourg. World Public Debt Map.
Zimbabwe Public Debt. Public debt: 241.6% of GDP (2010 est.) 282.6% of GDP (2009 est.).